Modding

Smuggly

Learn like the rest of us did. Trial and error. Modding isn't a simple process you can just "pick up" and edit files. There's a lot of technical know-how and a lot patience and dedication is needed. With all these questions about modding lately and using the tools is like going to an airport and asking the desk clerk, "so there's the plane, now how do I fly it". Uhh, not that simple.

That being said, as I don't want to discourage anyone, check the 2k11 forums as I've already posted a basic tutorial on how to get started. As well, check this website http://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=144 for other tutorials.

Oh, and to answer your question you need to export the textures as .DDS and edit them in GIMP or photoshop and then import them back into the tool.

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure what your editing but i know that when editing cyberface textures in photoshop you have to make changes to the alpha layer as well or else whatevber you edited is gunna show up as well as what was there originally not sure if that helps you i use photoshop and not gimp