About This File
Updated rosters for all 30 MLB team for 2023 season.
This team pack is based on SMB3 MLB21 Team Pack (OOTP v1.0) 1.0.0 made by Project Randall.
I reworked all ratings (and added new players) based on OOTP24 ratings similarly how original creators did it for 2021 rosters but took another route while assigning perks:
- every batting perk is assigned to top 5% of batters in each category, every pitching perk is assigned to 5% of SP and 5% of RP
- POW vs RHP/LHP is awarded to players with highest difference between slug vs RHP/LFP and overall slug in 2022,
- CON vs RHP/LHP is awarded to players with highest difference between OPS vs RHP/LFP and overall OPS in 2022.
- RBI man/RBI dud is awarded to players with highest positive/negative difference between OPS w/RISP and overall OPS in 2022.
- High/Low/Inside/Outside is awarded to players with highest difference between OPS when hitting pitches is each location and overall OPS in 2022.
- Tough Out/Whiffer is awarded to players with highest/lowest K% when facing 2 strike count
- Stealer/Bad Jumps is based on steal success rate and how those steal attempts affected overall game result
- Utility is given to players experienced in playing 3 or more positions
- Speacialist is awarded to players with highest difference between FIP when facing same handed batters and overall FIP
- Composed/BB prone is based on BB% percentage when facing 3 ball counts
- K Man/K Dud is based on K% when facing 2 strike count
Few more things to note:
- there are two Shohei Ohtanis -one is RF with 0 defense and other is "real" two way Ohtani; this way CPU will DH "fielder" Ohtani
- some teams have 4 starters and 1 SP/RP who in real life is actually SP. I decided to do this because it would be a shame to not have some notable SPs in the game just because SMB decided 4-man rotations is a way to go
- these are not Opening Day rosters, I decided to put in some notable guys who will come off IL later in a season (e,g, Bryce Harper, Liam Hendricks) or are out for the season (e.g. Rhys Hoskins). Probably will update this after all star break and/or trade deadline