About This File
NOTE: This patch is for retail DVD versions of MLB 2K9.
The first patch for MLB 2K9 and fixes everything from the weather, improving speed of the game, game play improvements that extends from pitching, fielding, hitting, and full seaons worth of updates.
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
MLB2K9 Patch 1.1 Notes:
- Reduction in amount of fly balls missed by outfielders (both the target and slowing down before a fly ball is caught have been fixed).
- Tuned overall slider values to get a better stand alone game, based on community suggestions
- Turned down Home Runs, should see dramatic improvement in number of home runs hit during game play.
- AI aggressiveness tweaked; AI will take more balls
- Throwing in the red was way harder than the best green spot so maximum strength lowered in the red
- In-game crash resolved when not opening the Pitch Overlay HUD and then bringing in another pitcher. Will resolve late inning crashes.
- Added variety so that all fielders arm strength isn't so similar. Now the better arm strength fielders will make a difference.
- The catcher will no longer disappear when switched with a DH, and umpire won't throw the ball backwards.
- Added more variety in pitching by making the gesture be a little harder to nail down perfectly
- The base runner no longer jogs home on sacrifice fly and ground balls
- 1st baseman's foot no longer comes off the bag too easily, resulting in a lot of infield hits that should have been routine outs.
- Pitchers will now walk off the mound after the 3rd strikeout in an inning.
- Tuned numbers to fix the fact that pickoffs were too easy, especially at second base.
- Increased the delivery speed of the animations from the stretch to improve throwing out the AI when they attempted to steal.
- Pitcher rotation bug fixed where users in leagues would have their first bench player put in as their starting pitcher. They could adjust the starting pitcher but never get their bench player back to their line up. This would eventually lead to a crash.
- Users can now send a trade when having nine pitchers or eleven hitters on their roster in a fantasy draft league online.
- The Winning/Losing Streak in Online Menu will now populate correctly when viewing the Card Battle Leader boards.
- League settings changes now will take affect immediately.