datafile, Overlays, And Uni`s

crazyfool

1. can somebody tell me how to change the datafile. I go and take teh one i had out and the moddede one in and the game doesnt change. Im trying to get different cameras but i cant.

2. How do i change my overlay using the overlay swapper. whenever i go to change it using the overlay swapper, it says there is an error. i have to go and do it myself.

3. how do i change uni`s. i have tried before, and i cant figure out how to do it. the unis never change.

read the read me text files created for you. they give instructions on how to change your data file from the default one to the modded one. it should b e a no brainer, you "crazyfool". maybe mention which one you downloaded and when someone comes to read this they can better help you.

unis, i think i had the same problem but i'm too busy making videos of the game to realize there is something wrong. see you, and welcome. i'm no help.

i do read the readme files. but nothing seems to change. which one is teh one that changes it. The .txt file or the .big file?

I know what your trying to say. Extract the downloaded datafile somewhere. Open up mvp2005/data//datafile/datafile.big with biggui. :)

Import the datafile.txt into datafile.big. Hope that helps.

I know what your trying to say. Extract the downloaded datafile somewhere. Open up mvp2005/data//datafile/datafile.big with biggui. :)

Import the datafile.txt into datafile.big. Hope that helps.

You don't need to do anything to the datafile.big file, just leave it alone. datafile.txt has been extracted from datafile.big. It still exists in datafile.big, but the game will use the datafile.txt when it's in the right folder. Put your new datafile.txt into the /data folder (NOT the /data/datafile folder). Also, when you are naming the file, try renaming it to just datafile, with no extension. By default windows hides extensions of known file types, so if you rename it to datafile.txt, then it's actually datafile.txt.txt which won't work.

Archived