Pitch Count Tweaks

forte14

I have been reading some other people's threads on increasing the pitch count to a realistic level and have adjusted my game as such:

CPU Contact-50

User Pitcher Fatigue -20

No stirike zone or hot/ cold zones.

The result has been that my starter will go 7 innings throw about 80-85 pitches 2 or 3 walks 2-5 runs and then i will bring in a reliever. This is a nice nimprovement but does anyone know somthing I can do to get it to a realistic major league level. i.e. on average 90-100 pitches by 7 innings. Also I am playing on allstar.

Thanks in advance!

forte14,

Are you using Spitoon's pitcher meter mod? if not, add that to the mix and you'll get even better results (like the ones I posted about in, I think, the thread you mentioned in your post).

Thanks The H. I remeber what you are talking about but I forgot afterwards.

EDIT-Im having trouble finding it. I saw one that sounded right but was for 2005. How should i search for it??

forte14,

Oh, oh... so you're playing MVP 2004.

My bad... I really didn't notice that this thread was in the 'MVP 2004 General' forum because I got to it directly from the frontpage.

forte14,

Oh, oh... so you're playing MVP 2004.

My bad... I really didn't notice that this thread was in the 'MVP 2004 General' forum because I got to it directly from the frontpage.

its cool :D

so anyone got any great ideas :?: :?:

spitoon's datafile is for MVP 05 only.

If you are at all familiar with modding the datafile, it's a fairly easy change for both MVP 2004 and 2005.

For MVP 2004, decompress and open the datafile, search for "121 accuracywidth", change the value at 121 to a new, lower value, save, recompress and play.

As a frame of reference, the stock value is 0.120, my mod for 2005 changed it to 0.06. I believe I made it 0.100 for Dluxe and his 2004 datafile.

What value do you suggest spitoon?

I haven't tried the change in MVP 2004, I uninstalled that game before I got 2005, so I'm not sure if it's the same or not. However, the initial value is the same at 0.120.

In '05 the value of 0.06 works nicely because you can alter it with the pitch difficulty slider and still have some control over the final size of the accuracy zone. In '04 there is no slider so the number has to be right on. When I first sent the file to Dluxe, I changed it to 0.06 and then we went back and forth a bit and he finally settled on 0.100

It's really easy to change, so I'd suggest trying 0.09 as a starting point and go from there.

You can use the 2005 datafile compression utility to uncompress, edit and recompress if you need. HERE

Archived