Starting my Dynasty... One problem, cant pick a team....

gcurrier2004

Im not sure who I want to use. I would like to use my favorite team (Yankees) but I think it would be a walk in the park. I do play all of my games, A-MLB. I plan on doing owner mode so I would like to use a team that needs a new stadium. One other thing, I would like it to be a team with good talent so I can build it for the future. I was thinking the D-Rays. Thanks guys.

You could always do the Twins, they are fighting for a new stadium, they have a good talent base, yet have less money available to sign them all, so you're gonna have to be creative.

If you're looking for a low-talent/low-budget team with an older stadium, the Royals are available, only thing is their stadium is beautiful even by modern-day standards.

Maybe Oakland would work out, they need a new stadium, and they've dropped a bit talent-wise, and they're very low-spending.

You could always do the Twins, they are fighting for a new stadium, they have a good talent base, yet have less money available to sign them all, so you're gonna have to be creative.

If you're looking for a low-talent/low-budget team with an older stadium, the Royals are available, only thing is their stadium is beautiful even by modern-day standards.

Maybe Oakland would work out, they need a new stadium, and they've dropped a bit talent-wise, and they're very low-spending.

Actully, I like that idea..... I may use the Twins... thanks

Joepritch2, you should do what that guy said. get the twins. my friend tells me their stadium SUCKS poo poo. If you want a challenge get the rangers, or astros. The astros have to replace kent, beltran, and soon biggio and bagwell. Also, clemens. To make it challenging, if the Astros trade away clemens, you should too. Get them a new stadium, trade biggio and bagwell for young AAA talent, and then just work your way up and kick my braves' butts. the rangers, you should trade soriano away for pitching prospects, and you should dump park's salary, and try to build that team up. they have ok prospects.

I would say go with the Dodgers (as much as I don't like them).

They reconfigured their stadium this year and messed it up which makes them a good candidate for a new stadium :mrgreen: Some of the fly balls on the first and 3rd baseline used to be automatic outs but with the way they did it, batters have another chance to whack the ball.... and don't forget Gagne, that dude is a monster!

Dodgers!!! Outstanding farm system. Superb pitching. Kent will be good power for the next few years til he retires. JD Drew for the next 5 or so. I have Jason Werth with 30 HR's thru about 60 games. Cesar and Bradley give you nice speed and Bradley is a great all-around CF. I rotate Hee Seop and Olmaedo at 1B depedning on a RHP or LHP. Plus you have James Loney in your farm system (AA) who will make it to the bigs in a year or two. Dodgers is good to choose because you'll need to figure out how to get the bottom of the lineup to produce. Fortunately Jason Philips has been awesome for me. Only prob is that Dodger Stadium is one of the greatest. You'd need a new one if you want a hitter's park, tho

Except that the Astros don't need a new stadium, they present an interesting choice. Even with Bagwell, Biggio, Clemens nearing the end, they still have Berkman, Oswald and others. The impending retirement of those players or trading them to contenders with prospects to spare would help out a bunch with the salary aspect of the game.

But, I think that I would go with the D-Rays if I were you of the teams that need new parks. Enough good offensive players to maybe trade some prospects for some decent starting pitching. Show some promiss and you might even get some decent free agents!

Nock-off the AL East Monsters (Boston and New York)!

Archived