need help about player being unhappy

how do i make my players happy. i had a email stating that moreno is not happy with his performance but when i try to see whats wrong all i get is that is taht is contract wants to be extended and that he likes his players time. how can i view other things. all im doing is looking at the player info is there another menu??

how do i make my players happy. i had a email stating that moreno is not happy with his performance but when i try to see whats wrong all i get is that is taht is contract wants to be extended and that he likes his players time. how can i view other things. all im doing is looking at the player info is there another menu??

I have started to be very concious about bringing bench players into games for a couple of innings if I am leading or trailing by a few runs...it seems to be working well, I finally have 4 or 5 guys with the big green smiley face, which I have never had before.

There is only so much you can do for contracts, as you will run out of money fairly quickly.

I've found that I have to take into account the players age, contract and playing time. For example, I have Julio Franco sharing time at 1st with LaRoche but if I play Julio too much or too little he starts getting "unhappy" in some way of another. Same with some of my pitchers, although most of them seem to want more playing time and not less. It's hard if you are trying to sim a bunch of games since the game doesn't swap relievers the way you or I would. I've actually started to keep a notebook of who was put in for which innings so nobody gets left out. It'd be nice if the game had some way of keeping the boxscores even after the game is completed. All I can seem to get are Linescores that aren't very informative. Hope this long winded reply helps some! Good luck!

It can be a bit of mystery sometimes..although I like the approach of the earlier poster, who puts bench players in if he is leading.

If a player is unhappy with his performance, you might try and send him down for a week or so to get straightend out then call him back up...this has worked for me....though not all the time.

Cheers,

Daniel

I'm playing the Cubs and I keep getting these emails about how unhappy Todd Hollandsworth is so I start him against right handers and he's still unhappy.

The hysterical thing about this is that just before this started happening I saw an interview on TV with Todd Hollandsworth and he was talking about how thrilled he is playing on the Cubs for Dusty and he's happy making any contribution he's asked to make. The guy's got a great attitude and nearly no ego at all. Too bad his computer counterpart can't take a lesson from him.

I'm playing the Cubs and I keep getting these emails about how unhappy Todd Hollandsworth is so I start him against right handers and he's still unhappy.

The hysterical thing about this is that just before this started happening I saw an interview on TV with Todd Hollandsworth and he was talking about how thrilled he is playing on the Cubs for Dusty and he's happy making any contribution he's asked to make. The guy's got a great attitude and nearly no ego at all. Too bad his computer counterpart can't take a lesson from him.

Try putting him on the trading block to see if that helps

I've found that I have to take into account the players age, contract and playing time. For example, I have Julio Franco sharing time at 1st with LaRoche but if I play Julio too much or too little he starts getting "unhappy" in some way of another. Same with some of my pitchers, although most of them seem to want more playing time and not less. It's hard if you are trying to sim a bunch of games since the game doesn't swap relievers the way you or I would. I've actually started to keep a notebook of who was put in for which innings so nobody gets left out. It'd be nice if the game had some way of keeping the boxscores even after the game is completed. All I can seem to get are Linescores that aren't very informative. Hope this long winded reply helps some! Good luck!

I have a problem with Smoltz he crys all the time about playing time. Much like real life. I even bumped his salary. Still crys. He is the closer and is doing well so I just like him go.

I think there is a problem with all releif pitchers and their happiness... it's like they all want to be starters. Even the top closers in the league, leading in saves are unhappy about their playing time... it's something that i was hoping they'd fix in patch 2, but no luck there ...also i wouldn't count on a patch 3 ever existing

I think there is a problem with all releif pitchers and their happiness... it's like they all want to be starters. Even the top closers in the league, leading in saves are unhappy about their playing time... it's something that i was hoping they'd fix in patch 2, but no luck there ...also i wouldn't count on a patch 3 ever existing

Another thing that kills me is the All-Star team in the FA pool and the fact that Sammy Sosa has played for about 11 teams during this season.

Another thing that kills me is the All-Star team in the FA pool and the fact that Sammy Sosa has played for about 11 teams during this season.

Update, Sosa is in the free agent pool after being relesed by the Blue Jays. Sept 2nd and he is a free agent with .313 BA 32 HR and 97 RBI. How is that for computer AI?

This game never ceases to amaze me.

Try putting him on the trading block to see if that helps

Did that to Carl Pavano a week ago, made him worst, good thing for Dontrelle Willis being disabled for 30 days made him happy for he was a starter(not anymore lol)

i recommend to get your players happy(regarding pitchers) get your worst pitcher(starter) and let other of the bench play as a starter(even if there not good you can always substitude them)

Did that to Carl Pavano a week ago, made him worst, good thing for Dontrelle Willis being disabled for 30 days made him happy for he was a starter(not anymore lol)

i recommend to get your players happy(regarding pitchers) get your worst pitcher(starter) and let other of the bench play as a starter(even if there not good you can always substitude them)

putting them on the trading block will usually **** them off, but i wonder if occasionaly a player is happy to get traded like if they are on a losing team...

Archived