LA Dodgers Dynasty

sigmachiox

dodgers6jv.png

I have started a Dodgers dynasty. I've started out with the default line-ups and rotations, but plan to make changes when necassary. My settings are as follows.

Diff. : All-Star

Roster: Ultimate Roster 2.35

Sliders: A little bit of tweaking for my preference.

Everything else is default

Lineups are:

RHP Name Pos

1 Izturis, C. SS S

2 Choi, H. 1B L

3 Drew, J.D. RF L

4 Kent, J. 2B R

5 Valentine, J. 3B L

6 Bradley, M. CF S

7 Werth, J. LF R

8 Phillips, J. C R

9 (Pitcher) P

LHP Name Pos

1 Izturis, C. SS S

2 Seanz, O. 1B R

3 Drew, J.D. RF L

4 Kent, J. 2B R

5 Bradley, M. CF S

6 Werth, J. LF R

7 Valentine, J. 3B L

8 Phillips, J. C R

9 (Pitcher) P

Bench:

1 Navarro, D. C S

2 Grabowski, J. LF L

3 Ledee, R. LF L

4 Perez, A. SS R

Rotation:

1 Lowe, D. RHP

2 Perez, O. LHP

3 Weaver, J. RHP

4 Penny, B. RHP

5 Erickson, S.RHP

Pen:

Long Relief:

1 Dessens, E. RHP

Middle Relief:

1 Alvarez, W. LHP

2 Carrara, G. RHP

3 Sanchez, D. RHP

4 Wunsch, K. LHP

Set-up:

1 Brazoban, Y. RHP

Closer:

1 Gagne, E. RHP

Looking forward to any suggestions and hope to provide you all with timely updates. Thanks.

Dodger Bats Swing Past Giants

A great rivalry opens up the season for the LA Dodgers. Starting for the first time as a Dodger, Derek Lowe opens the season with a win. In the top of the third new Dodger, J.D. Drew opened the Dodger scoring with a two-run blast over the right feild wall and into the bay. Lowe, managed to keep the Giants bats quiet while only allowing 2 runs on 6 hits.

Box Score:

4/5  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  R  H  E

LA   0  0  4  0  1  0  0  4  0  8  10 0	

SF   0  1  0  0  0  0  1  0  0  2  8  0

WP:	D. Lowe (1-0)

LP:	J. Schmidt (0-1)

If anyone could help me with coding I will try to make my updates much better than this. Thanks all.

High Scoring event leads to another Dodger victory

The Dodgers win their second straight to the Giants in a game where bats reigned supreme. While pitching didn't shine today Gagne came in to make his first save of the season. Striking out three batters of four faced. J.D. Drew's bat remained hot with three hits including a triple to put the Dodgers in the lead at the top of the 9th

4/6  1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R   H   E

LA	0	0	0	2	1	1	0	5	2	11  18  0

SF	0	0	0	1	5	0	3	0	0	9	14  0

WP:	W. Alvarez (1-0)

LP:	Eyre (0-1)

S:	 Gagne (1)

Giants Edge Dodgers for First Win of the Season

Unlike the previous two games this turned out to become a more defensive battle as the Giants beat the Dodgers 2-1. New Dodger Jeff Kent provided the Dadgers only run with a single off of Tomko scoring Izturis from third in the eight. Jeff Weaver was handed his fist loss giving up a solo HR to Barry Bonds in the first. The Dodgers offense let down the fans visiting San Fransisco leaving 4 men on base with two in scoring position. The Dodgers hope to rebound when they visit the Diamondbacks in two days.

4/8  1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

LA	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	0	1	5	0

SF	1	0	0	0	1	0	0	0	X	2	10  0

WP:	Tomko (1-0)

LP:	Weaver (0-1)

S:	 Benitez (1)

I have already played several games, so I am getting everyone up to date. I plan on figuring out some coding and other tricks to make my updates have a better presentation. Again any help or suggestions is greatly appreciatted. Thanks

Adam

Pitchers Duel as Diamondbacks Outlast Dodgers 1-0

In an old-school pitchers duel Suan Estes beat Brad Penny today. The games only score came in the fourth inning when Counsel doubled off Brad Penny allowing Shawn Green to score from third. While Izturis stole two bases it was a losing effort for the Dodgers offense.

4/9	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

LA	 0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	3	0

ARI	0	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	X	1	3	1

WP:	S. Estes (1-0)

LP:	B. Penny (0-1)

S:	 B. Lyon (1)

Dodgers Strike Early, Win Against Diamondbacks

J.D. Drew gets his second HR of the seaon, send a two run blast out of the park in the first inning. Young pitcher Brad Halsey exited ealry after allowing Dodger bats to earn five runs off of his arm. The Diamondback bullpen kept the Dodgers at bay following an explosive opening two innings. While Giovanni Carrera gave up 3 runs while relieving Scott Erickson in the seventh. Gagne was scored his second save of the season striking out one and retiring all batters he faced.

4/10	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	 E

LA	  4	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	5	11	2

ARI	0	0	0	0	0	0	3	0	0	3	8	 0

WP:	S. Erickson (1-0)

LP:	B. Halsey (0-1)

S:	 Gagne (2)

Vazquez Exists Early as Diamondbacks Drop Second Straight

Javier Vazquez gave up five runs early leading to a quick departure from the game. Not making an inning Vazquez Allowed six hits and two homeruns to eight batters. With the first four batters reaching, and Izturis scoring off a Jeff Kent single, Jose Valentine came up to the plate and score the first Grand Slam of the season. After a deep fly out of Milton Bradley, Vazquez was pulled from the game. Overall the Dodgers scored 8 total, giving Derek Lowe his second win in as many tries. Pitching a complete game and allowing only 2 runs off of six hits, he is proving himself to the Dadger faithful.

4/11  1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E	

LA 	5	0	0	2	0	0	0	0	1	8	12  0		

ARI	1	0	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	2	6	1

WP:	D. Lowe (2-0)

LP:	J. Vazquez (1-1)

Perez Pitches a Shutout as Dodgers shutdown rival Giants

Odalis Perez pitch a complete game shutout against the Giants today. J.D. Drew went deep twice today against Kirk Reuter scoring three runs of the Dodgers five. Izturis is still showing his lightning fast feet as he managed to steal three bases against the Giants today, his season total, seven, leads the MLB and is on a record pace. Perez fanned 7 batters and only allowed three hits in nine innings, giving Perez his first win.

4/12	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

SF	  0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	3	0

LA	  0	0	0	1	0	4	0	0	X	5	9	0

WP:	O. Perez (1-0)

LP:	K. Rueter (0-1)

Gagne Stops Giants Comeback in the Ninth

Jeff Weaver earned his first win as the Dodgers win 4th straight. J.D. Drew remains one of baseballs hottest players hitting another home run bringing his seaon total to five. Rookie Dioner Navarro went one for three in his first major league appearance. Jason Werth also went deep in the eight putting the Dodgers up by four going into the ninth. Gagne came into the game after Wilson Alvarez gave up two hits and walked one in the ninth. Gagne managed to strike out one and gave up one hit to allow two to score, but pulled off the save. In other notes Milton Bradley has been put on the 15-Day DL after fracturing his foot in the previous game. Dioner Navarro and Pat Mahommes have been called up from AAA affiliate 51's and Paul Bako has been sent down to allow room for Navarro.

4/13	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

SF	  0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	2	2	8	0

LA	  0	0	2	0	0	0	0	2	X	4	8	0

WP:	J Weaver (1-1)

LP:	B. Tomko (1-1)

S:	 Gagne (3)

Dodgers win Five Straight

The Dodgers are on a hot streak and show no signs of slowing down. Brad Penny pitched a complete game shut out and fanned eight against the Padres. Werth hit his second homerun of the season in the second and Ledee coming in for the injured Bradley hit a three run homer in the bottom of the sixth. May dropped his second game of the season, the young lefty hope to salvage his early season woes.

4/15	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

SD	  0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	5	0

LA	  0	1	0	0	0	3	0	0	X	4	8	0

WP:	B. Penny (1-1)

LP:	D. May (0-2)

This is the last game that I have played. I will provide timely updates from now on. Thanks all.

Adam

Kent Lifts Dodgers Past Padres in Nailbiter

Jeff Kent's solo home run was enough as the Dodgers beat the Padres 1-0 today at Dodger Stadium. Scott Erickson reacieved the win giving up four hits in seven and one third inning. Kent, a long time Dodger fans, says he is glad to be a part of the Dadgers organization and it was a long time dream of his to win one for his childhood team. Gagne came in a earned a save, his fourht of the season. Gagne is proving once again it's game over when he enters the game.

4/16	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

SD	  0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	5	0

LA	  0	0	0	0	0	0	1	0	X	1	4	0

WP:	S. Erickson (2-0)

LP:	J. Peavy (1-1)

S:	 Gagne (4)
Noteable Stats:
Batting:  AB  H  R  RBI  HR

J. Kent:   3  2  1   1   1

HR  J. Kent (1)

Pitching:   IP   H   SO   BB   ER

Erickson:   7.1  4   1	0	0

Peavy:	  8.0  4   4	2	1

Padres, Williams End Dodgers Streak at Six

The Dodger fans were dissappointed when Woody Williams stepped on the mound and allowed only two hits an no runs in a complete nine innings. Derek Lowe allowed four runs in six innings of work. "My sinker just didn't have it." Derek Lowe remarks on his recent loss. Dodger bats were quieted tonight acheiving a season low 2 hits. It was the opposite for the Padres, after being shutout for two games the offense was waiting to explode on the Dodgers. "We just couldn't hit anything today," hitting coach Tim Wallach was quoted after the game. Dodgers hope to rebound against the Brewers as the LA franchise travels to Milwaukee.

4/17	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

SD	  0	0	0	1	0	3	0	0	0	4	11  0

LA	  0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	X	0	2	0

WP:	W.Williams (1-0)

LP:	D. Lowe (2-1)
Noteable Stats:

Batting:	 AB  H  R RBI BB  SO											

B. Giles	  4  2  1  3   0   1   

S. Burroughs  4  2  2  0   0   1   

J.D. Drew	 3  0  0  0   0   1   

J. Phillips   3  1  0  0   0   0   

-----------------------------------

Pitching:	 IP  H  R  ER  BB  SO

W. Williams  9.0  2  0  0   0   5

D. Lowe	  6.0  8  4  4   2   1

Errors Costly for Brewers, as Dodgers Win by Two

Brewers catcher, Damien Miller, made two costly throwing errors while trying to throw out Dodgers basestealers, costing the Brewers two runs. Odalis Perez, pitched a strong six and two-thirds innings striking out six and allowing only one earned run. Once again, it was game over as Gagne entered the feild. Gagne coming in in an untypical eighth inning after Brazoban struggled to produce the third and final out in the eight. Gagne even found himself in a more unusual role, a batter, while he hit into a feilders choice he did reach first base as catcher, Jason Phillips took out the brewers shortstop. J.D. Drew hit his fifth homerun of the season in the top of the third. Dodgers Manager Jim Tracy says he is impressed his Drew's performance this year.

4/18	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

LA	  1	0	2	0	0	1	0	0	0	4	9	0

MIL	 0	0	0	1	0	0	0	1	0	2	5	2

WP:	O. Perez (2-0)

LP:	D. Davis (1-1)

S: 	Gagne (5)
Batting:   AB H R RBI BB SO

C. Izturis  5 3 1  0  0  0 

J.D. Drew   4 1 1  2  0  0 

J. Werth	4 2 1  0  0  1

C. Lee	  4 2 1  2  0  2

2B:  J. Werth 2 (3)

HR:  Drew (5)

RBI: Drew 2 (12)

HR: Lee (3)

Pitching:  IP  H  R  ER BB SO

O. Perez  6.2  2  1  1  0  6

D. Davis  6.0  8  4  4  2  6

Dodgers Win, but Gagne and Pen Struggle

Gagne came into the game with a one run lead and was expected to close out the game as typical for him. However, he recieved his first blown save for the season. A solo homerun by Carlos Lee tied the game i the bottom of the ninth. However in the top of the tenth the Dodgers opened up for a 3 run lead. The bottom of the inning would prove troublesome for the Dodger bullpen. Giovanni Carrara gave up a lead off homerun, and Dessens came in to finally end the game in the tenth.

4/19	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	10	R	H	E

LA	  0	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	3	4	9	0

MIL	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	1	2	8	1

WP:	Gagne (1-0)

LP:	De La Rosa (0-2)

S:	 Dessens (1)
Batting:	AB  H  R RBI  BB  SO

C. Izturis  5  2  1   1   0   1

J.D. Drew   5  3  0   1   0   0

2B: Drew 2 (3)

Lee		 4  1  1   1   0   0

Miller	  4  1  1   1   0   0

HR: Lee (4)

Miller (2)

Dodgers lead NL West 10-3, 3.0 games ahead of the Giants.

Franchise News

Pitcher Edwin Jackson will be starting Thursday in place of Scott Erickson against the San Diego Padres. This will be his first major league start of the season.

Dioner Navarro has been sent back down to the AAA 51's after a brief three game stint in the majors. Mike Rose has been called up to fill his roster spot. Jim Tracy was quoted, "he has alot of talent, but he needs to spend more time in the minor to refine his swing as well as his defensive skills. He will be a great player in the near future."

Dodgers Aquire Chavez

Today the Dodgers have aquired Eric Chavez from the Oakland A's in exchange for 3B Jose Valentine and SP Brad Penny. Also Dodgers signe free agent Billy Koch to fill in as a reliever. The lefty third baseman is batting .250 with 4 homeruns and 10 RBI's. He will be in the second spot in the lineup. He is expected to start against the Padres today as a Dodger. Manager Jim Tracy hopes that the extra bat will help with the loss of a good arm. GM Webb says the Dodgers will be actively looking for an ace to trade for to fill the hole Penny leaves in the rotation.

Lineup:

1	Izturis, C. 	SS	S

2	Chavez, E.	  3B	L

3	Drew, J.D.	  RF	L

4	Kent, J.		2B	R

5	Choi, H.		1B	L

6	Werth, J.	   LF	R

7	Ledee, R.	   CF	L

8	Phillips, J.	 C	R

9	(Pitcher)		P
Rotation

1	Lowe, D.		RHP

2	Perez, O.	   LHP

3	Weaver, J.	  RHP

4	Erickson, S.	RHP

5	Jackson, E. 	RHP

Gagne Blows Second Straight, but Dodgers still Win

Eric Chavez has already proved his worth with a three run blast in the top of the eighth. Chavez fifth homerun of the season gave the Dodgers a two run lead going into the ninth until Gagne blew another save opportunity. One LA Dodger fan said, "I can't believe this, last year he was solid, now I'm worried." Tracy tried to calm rumors of Brazoban possibly stepping up to the closer role. "There are no plas to **** around the bullpen right now. If there is a situation the will merit one, then we will make the appropriate changes." Gagne expressed a feeling of shame, "I hate letting my teammates down. I'm just not hitting my spots right now. I need work, I need something soon." Gagne with a MLB high 5 saves also has two BSV, also tops in the MLB. "Its early in the season, too soon to worry," claims GM Webb. The top pof the 11th provided Jeff Kent his second homerun of the season. The game winning run.

4/20	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	10	11	R	H	E

LA	  0	1	0	0	0	3	0	0	 1	 5	12	1

SD	  0	0	2	0	0	0	2	1	 0	 4	12	0

WP:	Gagne (2-0)

LP:	Hoffman (0-1)
Batting:  AB  H  R  RBI  BB  SO

E. Chavez  5  3  2   3   0   1

J. Kent	5  3  1   2   0   0

HR:Chavez (5)

Kent(2)

Injury Report

Jayson Werth has been injured with a strained back following a spectacular defensive play in extra innings. Jason Grabowski has been substituted for him. He is listed as day to day.

Peavy and Padres too Much for Lowe and Dodgers

Derek Lowe was dealt his second loss of the season, as the Padres proved too much for his sinker in the fourth. Lowe has lost his last two starts and following Gagne's recent performance, fans are nervous about the pitching staff feilded. GM Webb said, "Like I have said its early in the season and there are many more games to come. If we under .500 in August then worry until then lets have fun." The Dodgers are on top of the NL West and currently have the best record in baseball. Chavez was unable to produce a hit in three at bats, perhaps he was getting used to his newly assigned number, 4, since Izturis already possesed his more traditional 3. The Dodgers look to bounce back against the Rockies, as they begin their series with the Rockies tommorow at Coors Feild.

4/21	1	2	3	4	5	6   7	8	9	R	 H	E

LA	  0	1	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	2	 5	 0

SD	  0	0	0	4	0	0	0	0	0	4	 15	1

WP:	J. Peavy (2-1)

LP:	D. Lowe  (2-2)

S:	 T. Hoffman (3)

Chavez Powers Dodgers Past Rockies

mvp200520050605183938371zj.pngmvp200520050605183957356aj.png

(left)Chavez readys for a Jenning's Pitch, (right)Chavez Trots of his two run homer

Eric Chavez helped Odalis Perez acheive his third straight victory as he hit a two-run homerun in the first inning. Chavez seems to be fitting in well as a Dodger hitting two homreruns in three games. "I got a groove going on. I feel good being a Dodger, last thing I wanted to do was let the fans down. I can't wait to play at Dodger Stadium as a Dodger for the first time." Chavez's enthusiasm is felt throughout the lockerroom. In even better news, Gagne has retuerned to form and recieve a save today as he struck-out two batters in the ninth. Many Dodger fans are already talking a return to the World Series.

4/22	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	R	H	E

LA	  4	0	1	0	1	0	0	0	0	6	9	0

COL	 1	0	0	0	0	1	2	0	0	4	8	0

WP:	O. Perez (3-0)

LP:	J. Jennings (0-2)

S:	 Gagne (6)
Batting:   AB H  R  RBI  BB  SO

E. Chavez  3  2  2   2   2   0

J.D. Drew  4  2  2   0   1   0

H. Choi	4  2  0   2   0   0

HR: Chavez (6)

Archived