My New Oakland Cloning Owner Dynasty

peterbernard

Okay, here’s my exciting dynasty, the way I’ve seen the teenagers do it. Only I’m a 40-year-old, so I’m going to have to limit it to 1 game per week or maybe 1 per month and I’m making no promises about not taking long breaks around work or life. This was inspired mainly by Brooklyn's White Sox dynasty but also by a few other people.

I closed my eyes and chose the team using my left hand. OAKLAND.

I had the computer randomly draft my rosters, then made a ton of FAIR trades to improve the team, but after playing the first game in all-star mode, I realize this team can’t possibly win with me pitching and hitting for them. They’re very good but I’m just THAT bad. Especially on all-star mode, which is how I’m playing this.

I forgot to uninstall Fuzz’s Total Classics before starting, so there are multiple players of many all-time greats mixed up into the rosters of various teams. I refer to these as “clones.â€

Anyway, here’s a list of my trades, many of which were done to bring down payroll and to make the team younger. Some were done just because I like one player better than another. I have age listed in parentheses after player names so you can tell which era version of the player is being traded.

Rafael Palmeiro (37) to St. Louis’ AAA for the 29-year-old version of David Wells. ACCEPTED

Next, Miguel Batista to Cincinnatti AAA for the 33-year-old version of Bill Lee. I hope to sign him to a relief contract. ACCEPTED.

Next, Shannon Stewart costs too much to be on the bench.

Shannon Stewart to the Cubs AAA for the 26-year-old version of Ken Griffey Sr.! ACCEPTED.

Proposed: I send J. Jennings, Juan Gonzalez, and J. Westbrook to Pittsburgh for R. Dibble, Paul O’Neill, and T. Fox. ACCEPTED! 4 for 4.

Now I had some trades rejected. Next one that was accepted was Pittsburgh got John Tudor and I got a version of El Duque, I think the current version.

Then I traded the 37-year-old modern Vinnie Castilla for the 29-year-old Buck Weaver. ACCEPTED. Then D. Brazelton went to the KC Royals for the 23-year-old reliever version of Nolan Ryan!

Then I traded the 2005 version of Tom Glavine for the 33-year-old version of El Duque!

Now here’s my pitching rotation:

1 SP- Hal Newhouser (25)

2 SP- El Duque (33)

3 SP- Babe Ruth (23)

4 SP- El Duque (35)

5 SP- David Wells (29)

LR- Nolan Ryan (23)

MR- B. Singer

MR- Bill Lee (32)

SU- D. Kolb(30)

SU- R. Dibble (27)

CP- Dave Righetti (27)

LINEUP

LF- Shoeless Joe Jackson (30)

SS- Derek Jeter (26)

CF- Ken Griffey Jr. (28 years old)

DH- Reggie Jackson (28 years old)

3B- Buck Weaver (29)

C- Carlton Fisk

2B- Willie Randolph (24)

RF- Ken Griffey Senior

BENCH

C- Gabby Hartnett

RF- Rusty Staub (30)

RF- Paul O’Neill (28 years old)

2B- Alfonso Soriano (29)

2B- Chuck Knoblauch (32)

Before my trades, I was rated like this:

Pitching 26th

Hitting 4th

Fielding 12th

Running 11th

As opening day approaches, I am rated like this:

Pitch: 30th,

Hit 1st

Field 21st,

Running 1st

They might be right about fielding, but they’re crazy about pitching, that’s a good bunch of pitchers!!!!

Anyway, I created this in Owner Mode just so I could have the computer choose a staff for me to harass. They chose Willie Randolph to manage the majors and Lee Mazzilli to manage the minors, both choices are fine with me.

ruthpitch.jpg

Game one against Baltimore playing in Baltimore.

The crazy owner (that’s me) pressures manager Willie Randolph to alter the pitching rotation so that the young Babe Ruth pitches in the season opener. After all, Ruth is FROM Baltimore, think of the human interest story for the newspapers.

fielders.jpg

Everything goes okay with both pitchers putting up goose-eggs, and Ruth retires the side on three pitches in the third! But then in the bottom of the 4th, Ruth allows an opposite-field solo HR by Roy Campanella.

Top of the 5th, Carlton Fisk gets a double and scores on a single by Shoeless Joe, and the score is even up again.

fiskhit.jpg

Bottom of the 5th, it falls apart. Ruth gives up 3 quick homeruns and the score is 5-1.

randolphtakeout.jpg

Randolph brings in Bill Lee who holds Baltimore scoreless for the rest of the game but it was too late as we never scored again either.

gameoneboxscore.jpg

POST-GAME ANALYSIS

Willie Randolph:

No, I didn’t feel pressured to pitch Ruth, I thought it was a good idea that just didn’t work out. You have to remember, we think of him as a legend but all he sees himself as is a normal 23-year-old clone like any other clone. Give him time to grow into his greatness. He’s gonna be amazing in inter-league play, when we can send him up to bat!

I think our hitting will come around soon enough, with this lineup. I feel encouraged by Lee’s performance out of the bullpen and I’m glad to know he can also go in there as a starter any time we need him. He definitely needs a haircut though! Today's game certainly wasn’t the result we wanted but it wasn’t a disaster either. I look forward to tomorrow when we get our first win.

Babe Ruth:

No, I didn’t make mistakes, they just hit the ball really far, you moron. Next question.

Carlton Fisk:

He had amazing stuff till the 5th inning. We just left him in a little too long, hoping he could complete 5 for us. I definitely think we should have had Newhouser or Duque out there, no matter what this kid’s World Series pitching record might be. He’s still a kid.

Oh My is the Babe. He is like a God how can he Lose? U gave him too much hotdog. This must be a spring training lost right? And Willie U are FIRED.

Hehe now Peter can U help out the headshape cyberface tutor on this thread while u have time http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Fo...;t=11529#138319

That's what people are always saying about me, "That Peter, he gives too much hotdog."

I'll try to check out the link soon, my cat is sick again tonight and i'm taking breaks when he rests.

I love this dyansty...I am 30 and just started my own today also. I just figured it looked like something fun to do during my sparetime, while my wife is at work. Look forward to keeping up with yours!

Yeah it took me a while to start one because I figured people would attack me as having too much free time, which I don't. It's fun to write the different characters and makes playing it more fun, when you're thinking what they're gonna say about it afterward.

Thanks, Brooklyn, although I urge everyone to read yours, your Ozzie Guillen gives the best post-game interviews.

Movietitan, all those players are in Fuzz's Total Classics which is available in the downloads section. I started a new owner mode and drafted all the players on every team, or i had the computer do it for me.

Hehe now Peter can U help out the headshape cyberface tutor on this thread while u have time http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Fo...;t=11529#138319

i checked out the link and it doesn't look like he needs any help. If you don't want to spend the time looking for the right shaped faces, then you don't have time to make cyberfaces. It can be very time-consuming. I urge everyone to try to make a cyberface so they appreciate the work involved and stop thinking people should make them 3 for only $50 TOTAL.

Archived