Miracle in Minnesota: A Minnesota Twins Dynasty

Stix

Okay and so it begins. A new year for the Twins, and also a fresh beginning. I’m kinda going off of Apr’s and Lual’s, so the format may look familiar. Have fun tagging along!

Game Settings:

Difficulty:	 All Star

Sliders:		Custom

Rosters:		Ultimate Rosters v. 2.3

Progression:	Bills Progression Fix v. 2

Misc:		   Strike Zone On Hot Colds On  Pitch Cursor Fade

I'll post lineups etc. in just a sec, gotta finish editing it real quick. Cheers! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the different sizes on the pics, I was being lazy (not a sign to come for this thraed I hope :wink: ). I'll probably start the opening series tomorrow because I might be going to the Braves game tonight against the Angels(stupid Erstad, I'm gonna boo you all the way back to Cali :twisted: ).

Opener Exploits Worry

Santana Roughed in First Start of Season

untitled9zj.png

Above: Hunter makes a spectacular sliding grab, and Mauer hits his first dinger of the season.

Feeling a bit over confident with their preseason rank, the Twins came in ready to play some top notch ball; the Mariners, however, had something different on the menu.

Raul Ibanez went yard in the second to start the scorefest off into the rightfield seats. Mauer retaliated the next inning by blasting a solo shot 10 feet fair of the right field foul pole. The Twins would score 3 more times, making 4-1, but the 3 run lead would fall quickly as Santana lost control.

Boone and Valdez hit 2-run and solo jacks respectivly. Add in a few RBI singles by their teammates and you have Santana walking for the bench with a 8-4 loss.

Tomorrow the Twins look to rebound with their other ace Radke taking the mound.

Game Notes:

Santana 6.2 IP, 8 ER, 0 K 12 hits 10.80 era

Mauer 1-4, HR, 1 RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

MIN  4  8  0

SEA  8 12  1

WP: J. Moyer (1-0) LP: J. Santana (0-1)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 2: B. Radke (0-0) vs. J. Piniero (0-0)

I can tell you have been reading my dynasty. :wink:

One suggestion, get the Universal Grass Mod, to get rid of that shimmering grass, other than that, lookin good. :D

Hey I gave you credit! :p :wink:

I’m kinda going off of Apr’s and Lual’s, so the format may look familiar.

I'd try to R-L (even up) your lineup more. I like this lineup:

DH - S. Stewert

C - J. Mauer

CF - T. Hunter

1B - J. Morneau

LF - L. Ford

RF - J. Jones

SS - J. Bartlett

3B - M. Cuddyer

2B - J. Rivas.

Just a suggestion.

Wow ... did you actually play that game :?: :!: Santana doesn't strikeout any and gives up 8 runs?! That's wild ...

I just decided to up my sliders a bunch because I was winning like 7-1 every game. So, it may take me a game or two to get used to these. I did have alot of 0-2 or 1-2 counts however.

I'd try to R-L (even up) your lineup more. I like this lineup:

DH - S. Stewert

C - J. Mauer

CF - T. Hunter

1B - J. Morneau

LF - L. Ford

RF - J. Jones

SS - J. Bartlett

3B - M. Cuddyer

2B - J. Rivas.

Just a suggestion.

It used to be like that in the 2-3-4 spots but i figured that since Mauer had so much power I moved him into the 4 spot.

One suggestion, get the Universal Grass Mod, to get rid of that shimmering grass, other than that, lookin good. :D

I just installed it. I hope it makes the pics look even better! :D

Thanks for all the comments and concern everyone! I'll play a little more later, finish the series, but I gtg eat and play Halo online(man I am officially addicted to that game, just got it a month ago and haven't been seen outside my house since).

It used to be like that in the 2-3-4 spots but i figured that since Mauer had so much power I moved him into the 4 spot.

Well, you usually want your best OBP man in your 2-hole to continue an inning and get it to your cleanup hitter to bat him in. Mauer to me would be the best option for that while also going for the Lefty-Righty matchups.

Killer Loss in 11 Inning Pitcher’s Duel

Radke Pitches a Gem, no Offense to Help

Mariners 1 Twins 0

untitled3sv.png

Above: Rivas comes up just short on a homerun, but gets a double, and Radke and Nathan’s stats.

Recoperating from yesterday’s heart breaker, the Twins were dealt yet another blow losing 1-0 in eleven innings.

The game was quite the pitchers duel. Each going 8 strong innings and only giving up 6 hits. Radke dazzled hitters into hitting ground ball after ground ball. While exactly the opposite for Piniero as he got most of the Twins to pop up.

As the game moved to the later innings, only one reliever was used from each bullpen. Nathan was strong his first two innings, but with one out, the Mariners sparked a rally. A one out double put a runner in scoring position. A Brett Boone single moved the runner over, and an Adrian Beltre single won it for the home team.

Hopefully the Twins can compensate the one game left in the series and go home 1-2.

Game Notes:

Radke 8.0 IP, 0 ER, 1 K 6 hits 0.00 era

Rivas 2-4, 2B, .429 BA

Boxscore:

R  H  E

MIN  0  6  0

SEA  1 11  0

WP: E. Guardado (1-0) LP: J. Nathan (0-1)

Around the League:

-The Minnesota Twins agree to a 2 year contract extension with Brad Radke. His contract is currently at 4Y @ $8,800,000

Game 3: C. Silva (0-0) vs. G. Meche (0-0)

Hunter Guarantees Vicory

Frustrated with his team's poor start and himself hitting a mear .143, Torri Hunter has guaranteed a victory tomorrow. Near his locker after the game, he was quoted saying, " This is sad, those are two ball games we could have, and should have won. Myself aswell as the team needs to step it up. We weren't predicted to get swept the first series and I will personally make sure that doesn't happen!"

We shall see if the team leader can fufill his promise...

tn_Torri%20Hunter,%20Brad%20Radke,%20and

Torri Hunter

Morneau’s 3 Solo Shots Project the Twins to their First Win

Team Total of 7 Solo Jacks

Twins 8 Mariners 1

untitled3ds.png

Above: Bartlett hits his dinger in the first inning, and Morneau hits the first of his three solo shots.

Torri Hunter not only got the win he promised, he got the bats going again and morale lifted for the trip home for their home opener.

The Mariners never had a chance in this one. The damage done by the Twins was early, quick, and swift. Driving in all 8 runs before the 7th inning stretch. The highlight of the afternoon came When Morneau completed the hat trick for his thrid solo job of the day.

Not to be outdone by his offense, Silva pitched a complete game 5-hitter to complete the blow out Hunter had foreseen.

A blowout will help nicely. They have the day off tomorrow, but return home Friday to play the White Sox.

Game Notes:

Silva 9.0 IP CG, 1 ER, 6 K 5 hits 1.00 era

Morneau 3-4, 3 HRs, .417 BA

Boxscore:

R  H  E

MIN  8 12 0

SEA  1 5  0

WP: C. Silva (1-0) LP: G. Meche (0-1)

Around the League:

-No News Today

Game 1: K. Lohse (0-0) vs. O. Hernandez (0-0)

Mauer Walks Off

Pitchers Duel Runs into 11 innings

Twins 3 White Sox 2

untitled8fu.png

Above: Ford ties up the game in the 7th inning with a solo shot, and Bartlett makes a tremendous diving catch.

Looking to even their record at two apiece. The Twins came in thirsty to make up for their bad losses in Seattle. “Loshe really wanted to do something for his team after watching those two previous losses,†manager Ron Gardenhire said after the game.

Loshe certainly did live up to this praise, pitching 7.1 innings, giving up only 2 runs on 4 hits, and striking out 4. “We’re discovering more and more what this team is capable of doing, and it’s only been 5 games into the season!â€.

Lew Ford hit a game tieing homerun in the 7th and a Mauer’s 1 out, bases loaded, single in the 11th sealed the victory.

The Twins are now a game up on the White Sox (1-3).We’ll have to see if the they strike back, or the Twins put them back into their place again.

Game Notes:

Loshe 7.1 IP, 2 ER, 4 K, 4 hits, 2.46 ERA

Ford 1-4, HR, RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

CWS  2  6  0

MIN  3  8  1

WP: M. Guerrier (1-0) LP: S. Takatsu (0-1)

Twins Contract Corner:

-No Players Signed Today

Game 2: J. Mays (0-0) vs. J. Garland (0-0)

Another way to take pics is the automatic replay right after the play has finished, that way, the word "SHOW" does not show up.

Yeah I thought of that, but idk I just didn't. I may try that. Chack your pm please Apr.

Morneau’s Turn

Another Duel Won by a Walkoff

Twins 2 White Sox 1

untitled6bm.png

Above: Hunter can’t make the diving catch, allowing a run to score, and the Twins infield turns a crucial double in the 8th inning.

The bats aren’t there quite yet, luckily their pitching compensates nicely. Mays only allowed 1 run through 6.2 innings of work, and a the bullpen held the Sox one run lead until the 7th when the Twins tied it up. Nathan, the Twins closer, worked 2 strong innings giving up nothing. A good rebound for Nathan from losing it in Seattle.

“Our pitching is just absolutely tremendous,†Lew Ford said after the game, “ We have to do something now to help avoid extra innings and over working our pen.â€

With the game tied at 1 and 2 outs in the 10th , Morneau stepped up and worked some magic; creating a nice high, line drive over the wall in left field to win the game. His teammates rejoiced as though they had won the World Series.

Tomorrow the Twins go for the series sweep against the White Sox. Santana takes the mound in hopes of lowering his ERA. It should be yet another pitchers duel.

Game Notes:

Mays 6.2 IP, 1 ER, 2 K, 10 hits, 1.35 ERA

Morneau 2-3, GW HR, .2 RBI

Boxscore:

R  H  E

CWS  1  13 0

MIN  2  5  0

WP: J. Nathan (1-1) LP: D. Reichert (0-1)

Twins Contract Corner:

-No Players Signed Today

Game 3: J. Santana (0-1) vs. M. Buehrle (1-0)

im lovin this...great job stix....GO BRAVESSS WOOOOOT

Thanks for following man. I may need eveybody's help soon. Stewart and Bartlett are hitting like .115 and .143 respectively. I like Bartlett's defense but I can't hit with him except for like one homerun. And Stewart I just suck with. So do add any suggestions for them. Right now, if things keep as they are, I'm looking at replacing LF, SS, and possibly 3B(BTW I have fair trades on and about 10 mil in cap room to do some moves).

Santana Gets First Win; Twins Sweep

Offense Alive for This One

Twins 5 White Sox 4

untitled4to.png

Above: Morneau goes yard for the second strait game, and Torri Hunter saves the Santana from giving up any further damage.

Santana was looking for redemption from his poor outing in Seattle, and did just enough to give his team a 5-4 victory, as well as his first victory of the season.

“He looked much better than his first start. He’s regaining his control slowly and soon I sense a complete game shutout.†said pitching coach Rick Anderson.

Santana allowed 4 runs on 8 hits in 8.1 innings of work. He also struck out 3. The offense was powered by Mauer and Morneau, each hitting solo shots.

The Twins look to make it four in a row

Game Notes:

Santana 8.1 IP, 4 ER, 3 K, 8 hits, 7.20 ERA

Morneau 2-4, HR, RBI, .391 BA

Boxscore:

R  H  E

CWS  4  10  0

MIN  5  14  0

WP: J. Santana (1-1) LP: D. Reichert (0-2) SV: J. Nathan (1)

Twins Contract Corner:

-No Players Signed Today

Game 1: B. Radke (0-0) vs. M. Maroth (1-0)

Batting Lineup Review

Here are the current batting stats after 6 games:

Avg.	HR	 RBI	 Hits

Stewart	 .160	 0	   1	   4

Mauer	   .292	 3	   5	   7

Morneau	 .391	 5	   6	   9

Hunter	  .160	 1	   2	   4

Jones	   .261	 0	   1	   6

Ford		.227	 1	   2	   5

Rivas	   .364	 0	   0	   8

Cuddyer	 .261	 1	   3	   6

Bartlett	.154	 1	   2	   4