Miracle in Minnesota: A Minnesota Twins Dynasty

Stix

give it time... at least wait 25 gamse or so....who knows.... hunter might dominate from here on out and morneau might suck

yeah i agree completely you just have to learn how they hit according to their hot spots and batting ratings once you figure them out youll be fine

It's so weird. I get great hits and HRs with Mauer and Morneau, but I can't hit worth anything with Hunter or Stewart. I guess I'll just have to play more games to find out.

Morneau Strikes Again; Radke First Win

Morneau Extends HR Streak to Three Games

Twins 4 Tigers 2

untitled2tn.png

Above: Morneau stretches out to complete the double play, and next half inning, proceeds to go yard for the third straight game.

“Radke and Morneau are future all-stars lighting it up right now as we speak. They are some sure fire superstars and we’re lucky enough to have the both on our team.†GM Terry Ryan commented in a post-game press confrence. “I will do everything in my power to make sure that they return for future games, here in the Metrodome, in a Twins uniform.â€

All this praise is certainly necessary, after the beginning of the season these two are having. Morneau is batting .407 with 6 HRs and has a three game HR streak. While Radke is (1-0) in 15.2 innings with a 0.57 ERA.

“I really worked hard this offseason to improve my swing and timing. So far so good. I hope that I can continue to keep this pace up and help my team.†Morneau said when asked about his stats so far.

Radke pitched 7.2 innings. Giving up 2 runs on 7 hits and striking out 5.

The Twins look to make it five in a row tomorrow as Silva takes the mound.

Game Notes:

Radke 7.1 IP, 2 ER, 5 K, 7 hits, 0.57 ERA

Morneau 2-4, HR, 2R, 2RBI, K, .407 BA

Boxscore:

R  H  E

DET  2  8  2

MIN  4  6  1

WP: B. Radke (1-0) LP: M. Maroth (1-1) SV: J. Nathan (2)

Twins Contract Corner:

-No Players Signed Today

Game 2: C. Silva (1-0) vs. J. Johnson (0-0)

Late Inning Rally Puts Twins on Top

Key Singles Late in Game Make it Six in a Row

Twins 5 Tigers 2

untitled8ty.png

Above: Cuddyer gets tagged out trying to advance to third, from first, on a single, and Silva makes a spectacular grab on a comebacker.

What was a pitcher’s duel early, opened up to be quite a hit-fest for the Minnesota Twins. Down 2-0 heading into the bottom of the 7th, a Torri Hunter doudle started the rally and eventually tied it up at two apiece. Hunter went 2-4, 2B, R, and pulled his average up to .212. In the bottom of the 8th, the Twins would score three more times to make it 5-2.

"I think today is a good starting point. I really need to get it going and pull my weight on this team,†Hunter commented after the game.

Also pitching in (no pun intended), Mauer went 2-4, 2B, and two RBIs. He also displayed exeptional defense, throwing out a runner trying to steal second.

Silva went 6.2 innings giving up two runs on five hits, before being pulled with two runners on and one out.

Can the Twins make it 7 in a row? Find out tomorrow during throwback day at the Metrodome.

Game Notes:

Silva 6.2 IP, 2 ER, 0 K, 5 hits, 1.15 ERA

Mauer 2-4, 2B, 2RBI, DP, .313 BA

Boxscore:

R  H  E

DET  2  7  3

MIN  5  11  1

WP: T. Mulholland (1-0) LP: J. Johnson (0-1) SV: J. Nathan (3)

Minnesota (6-2)

Detroit (5-3)

Twins Contract Corner:

-Today the Twins signed Justin Morneau to a 3Y @ $700,000 contract extension. This coming after Morneau started out this season on quite a hot streak; batting .355 with 6 HRs and 8 RBI in 8 games.

Game 3: K. Lohse (0-0) 2.46 vs. N. Robertson (0-0) 1.35

This dynasty is done. I just discovered that Babe Ruth is leading the majors in homeruns, and Gaylord Perry is thrid in the league in ERA. I hate it when I don't double check that option. Oh well, I am however looking foreward to starting a new one. It's looking like the Tribe, Cubs, Orioles, or Houston.

Archived