• 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100
    • 100+

The Strange Brew

For all Brewers news

With a new owner the Brewers hope to get their first winning season since 1992. The Brewers had a great first half last season when they were 41-34 and only 3.5 games out of first. Then it all began, the injury to Spivey which was one big reason they lost. They went 22-53 after the All Star break to end up in last place again. They are hoping that this is the year because they have called up almost all their prospects including trading for a few more.

Pitching

The Starting pitching is possible the most underrated rotation in all of baseball. They have some of the best young pitchers in the majors. Ben Sheets is one of the top rated pitchers in the majors but never has runs scored for him when he pitches. Going into last year he never had a ten strike out game last year he had 9. The rotation will revolve around him and they are hoping he stays healthy. Doug Davis will be number two well having his best year last year he hoping to do even better. He had a 12-12 record with 166 K's in 207.1 innings pitched. Newly aquired rookies Scott Kazmir and Brian Olsen will be 3 and 4. Kazmir is a great young starter with great stuff while not much is known about Olsen but expected to do pretty well. The bullpen will have young pitchers Derrick Turnbow and Jose Capellan swiching off as closer. Losing Kolb to the Braves for Capellan will make or break the Brewers. The middle relief will be Ricky Battalico and Jeff Bennett with Jorge De La Rosa as long reliever.

Catching

Catching this year will be newly aquired catchers Victor Martinez and Damian Miller. Victor Martinez had a break out year getting better in all his stats. Damiam Miller is getting old but still plays like he is as young a Martinez. He has a great arm and can still hit pretty well. The Brewers excpect to have a solid catching unit.

Infield

The infield is very young and first basemen Lyle Overbay will have to lead. He lead the league in double's last year setting new hieghts. The bar will be set higher as Lyle goes to try and break his Brewers record. Second base will be Ricky Weeks and Chris Burke. The two top prospects will try and fight it out for rookie of the year. They both are intense and can play almost anywhere. Third will be Russell Branyan and Ricky Weeks fighting it out. Weeks is excpected to play third while Burke plays second or Weeks playing second and Branyan playing third but nothing is final yet. Short stop will be another rookie and a young gun fighting it out. J.J. Hardy and Bill Hall will have to fight this one out till the end. J.J. has the advantage but Hall has what it take to play short also so you never know. One thing we do know is that this infield is going to be very young. No one expected to play the infield is in their 30's. This may just be a year of learning for the Brew Crew infield.

Outfield

The outfield is the oldest part of this team. Newly aquired Carlos Lee will try to lead in his first year. He is the right handed power hitter the Brewers needed. He is expected to get 40 plus homers this year and get 100 plus RBI's. He is the youngest outfielder expected to start and still has to try and lead. Center field most likely belongs to Brady Clark. The 31 year old still expects to play at a great pace and hit very well. He is most likely going to hit better then ever because he doesn't really have to share center this year like he always did in right. Geoff Jenkins has been a Brewers longer then any other position player on the team and also expects to have to lead. His numbers haven't been going up it his past years but he could break out any time now. He isn't as fast as he used to be but still fields and throws like he did any other time.

Bench

The Bench is very young with only three sure bench players and some maybe starters maybe backups. Willy Taveras, Dave Krynzel, and Prince Fielder are the only sure Bench players. Three rookies and hot prospects they expect to get playing time but not as much as the others. Taveras is newly aquired and already is ready to play. He is very fast and can pinch run any time. He can also hit pretty well but not the greatest. Krynzel is even faster then Taveras and can run out an infield hit almost any day of the week. He can also hit pretty well but can run better then he can hit so we will just have to see. Prince Fielder the only sure player on the bence thats an infielder can hit very well and has a nice glove on his hand. Son of Cecil Fielder he is expected to have great things to come.

Bottom Line

This is a new year for the Brewers and is also a learning year. They are not expected to do great but ok. Final gread 73. Division Pick 6th.

Projected Lineup

3B Ricky Weeks

CF Brady Clark

LF Carlos Lee

RF Geoff Jenkins

1B Lyle Overbay

C Victor Martinez

SS J.J. Hardyl

2B Chris Burke

Pitcher

Rotation

1. Ben Sheets

2. Doug Davis

3. Scott Kazmir

4. Brian Olson

5. Victor Santos

LRP J. De La Rosa

MRP R. Battalic

MRP J. Bennett

MRP M. Adams

SU/CL D. Turnbow

CL/SU J. Capellan

Key Loses

Dan Kolb Traded to Atlanta

Scott Podsednik Traded to Chicago AL

Craig Counsell Arizona

Keith Ginter Traded to Oakland

Junior Spivey Traded to Houston

Ben Hendrickson Traded to Houston

Wes Obermueller Traded to Tampa Bay

Gary Glover Traded to Cleveland

Strange Brew

For all your Brewer news

The Brewers played the Pirates in a two game series and the Brewers looked good with all their new players. Owner Mark Attanasio said, "We look good and I think Doug Melvin and I are going to have a great year if we keep this up."

Brewers take a close game.

Sorry but I don't know anything after the second inning because my game crashed and somehow said I finished and saved it. I still won so I'm ok with it but it wasn't cool because I want to make this look good. Since it was the first game I could look at team stats and see all the stats (lucky me.) After looking the MVP was B. Clark going 2-5 with 2RBI's and 1HR

Mil 4-09-0 WP B. Sheets SV J. Capellan

Pit 3-15-0 LP O. Perez

Brewers bats starting to light up.

The Brewers started this game out with a 3 run first and kept it out the Pirates reach the whole game. In the eighth Davis started to tire and gave up a run. Turnbow went in and then he gave up another in the ninth. Overbay, Branyan, and Lee all hit homeruns and combined to get all off the RBI's. Branyan didn't even start and still went 2-3 with a homer and 2 RBI's getting the MVP of the game. Ned Yost said after the game, "we might start Branyan after this game. We cant keep Weeks at third after commiting 3 errors in the last two games. Today in the 2nd we moved him to second and brought Branyan in to play third for a reason." T

Mil 5-6-3 WP D. Davis SV none

Pit 2-6-1 LP K. Wells

The Brewers expect to continue the streak as they go to the Windy City for a three game series agianst the cubs. The Brew Crew also starts minor league games and hopes that they will do well along with the Brewers. The teams aren't expected to do as well because all their minor league prospects are in the majors. Hopefully they figure it all out.

Around the league

The first three days of the season had big names getting injuries. On 4/4 Richie Sexson of Seattle is out for 97 days with a torn roator cuff. He was placed on the 60 day DL and will have two straight seasons wiht big injuries. Also on 4/5 Omar Vizquel of San Francisco had a minor injury and will be out for 10 days with a pulled groin. He will just sit for a while and rest and will be back soon. On 4/6 Kevin Millar of Boston had an injury And will be out for 17 days with a strained left forearm. He was put on the 15 day DL and will hopefully be better soon.

Strange Brew

For all your Brewer news

4/8/05 Friday

Cubs to much for Brewers and continue their streak.[

The Brewers started a 3 game series against the Cubs today and it was close all game. The Brewers came out fast but that was ended right away after the brewers had R. Weeks on third with one out a C. Lee up. Lee hits it into the gap and what a catch by C. Patterson. Of course Weeks has crossed home and a douple play. Next inning D. Miller hits it deep to left for the first runs of the game. Nothing untill the 5th when L. Overbay hits a bomb to right for a 450 ft. homer. In the 7th the comeback began. C. Patterson hit a two run homer to tie it. In the bottom of the 8th T. Hollendsworth hit a double to score the winning RBI. Then L. Hawkins got three straight outs. The MVP went to T. Hollendsworth going 3-4 with a double and 1RBI (game winning.)

Mil 2-05-2 LP R. Bottalico 1-0

Chi 3-10-0 WP M. Remlinger 2-0 SV L. Hawkins 1

Strange Brew

brewers.gif

For all your Brewer news

Trade News

The Brewers just pulled of a huge trade. The Brewers needed some pitching and got a lot of it in this trade.

MIL: V. Padilla

PHI: D. Miller W. Helms.

The Phillies are not sure if Miller will start over their catcher now but he might. The Brewers recieved much needed pitching and got a veteran to lead their rotation.

Tell me what you think or send questions and they will be answers.

i just finished my first year in my Brewers dynasty and finished 73 and 89, which is pretty realistic. Carlos Lee WAS my offense. Finished at 292 with 62 bombs and 142 RBI. While my 2nd best HR man was Branyan with only 22. even more realistic was the fact that Sheets had a 2.91 ERA and finished only 13-11 with no support like real life. Can't wait to get Fielder and Weeks rolling in my second season though. Only major move I made was dealing jenkins for isringhausen because my OF is alreay solid and having a solid closer is a major help.

I did have one but one day I couldn't find it so I must have deleated it. Jenkins was awsome with like 23 homers and 49 RBI's only 1/4 of the way through the year. Thats the only reason I didn't trade him in this one. I think that my team is going to do very well. My roster has a lot of players from other teams and I didn't really think it was real. I did most of them before the season so that makes it more real. Now Turnbow is great in real life so I have him as closer. BTW Schrades do you follow the Brewers?

Strange Brew

For all your Brewer news

4/9/05

Capellan Gives it up in the tenth.

The Cubs are on fire winning 5 straight. B. Olsen in his first start did awsome. He recieved a no decision while striking out 10 in his first game. He Recieved MVP because it was his first game well doing this. The Cubs kept the Brewers to 6 hits all game and only 3 in the regular 9 innings. The game was down to two outs in the bottom of the ninth with Lee up and he crushed it out way over the left field wall. Next batter G. Jenkins was 3 in. from hitting back to back jacks but ended up with a double and then Overbay struck out. The comeback was amazing but the 10th was even better. In the top of the 10th R. Branyan hit a homer and that was not enough. In the bottom of the 10th they just were to much for Capellan. They loaded the bases and just were to much when they didn't even get an out in the 10th. The Brewers have lost 2 straight since winning 2 straight against the Pirates. Ned Yost says, "One more blown save and Capellan is done."

MIL 2-06-0 LP J. Capellan 0-1

CHI 3-11-0 WP L. Hawkins 1-0

The Brewers end the series against the Cubs tomarrow and then after that they go home for their home opener aginst the Pirates.

The Strange Brew

For all your Brewer news

Cubs win because of Error.

The game started out very slow, nothing even happened until the 6th actually. The Cubs and Brewers pitching was unstopable. Until the rookie R. Weeks hit a deep fly ball way over the fence in left. The score stayed that way until the 9th when D. Turnbow went in to close out the game. The new closer thought it would be a walk in the park. It wasn't. The first batter gets on base with a hit. And the next and next. Soon theres no outs and bases loaded. Turnbow strikes A. Ramirez out and then J. Burnitz hits a full swinging bunt and V. Martinez throwes it over the second basemens head instead of going home for an east out and the winning run scores. D. Turnbow gets the lose when V. Martinez is the person who should have gotten it. Ned Yost says, "We need to pull it together. Our heads got to big after the Sweep of the Pirates. We are a good team and we should have won those last two games to the Cubs."

MIL 1-3-1 LP D. Turnbow 0-1

CHI 2-4-0 WP J. Borowski 1-0

The Brewers are expected to shop around a little bit and try and find a closer. The Brewers found a closer out of nothing last year (D. Kolb) so I guess they just have to look around. The Brewers have their Home Opener tomarrow against the Pirates and need a win. The Brewers are going to try out D. Turnbow again his next chance and hope he can turn this around.

The Strange Brew

For all your Brewer news

Brewers look good at Home.

The Brewers started out their home opener with a bang. The Brewers started out with B. Clark and the C. Lee walking and then a huge shot by G. Jenkins over the right field wall. That wasn't all. The Pirates scored some runs here and there while scoring four in all. The Brewers then started up again. In the bottom of the 5th the Brewers drew 4 straight walks to walking a run. Then to open up the bottom of the 6th the Brewers walked 3 straight times again and then C. Lee hit a deep fly ball just missing a homer but getting a bases clearing double. On the other side B. Sheets pitched like crap. He gave up 4 runs and he's lucky that he had an offence. C. Lee recieved MVP well going 2-3 with 2B 3 RBI's and 1 BB. K. Wells pitched for the Pirates and gave up 10 walks, 10 WALKS. The Brewers After he came out the Brewers didn't have another walk. Still all those walks really helped. The Brewers hope this will give them some momentume. Lets hope it wil too.

Pit 4-10-1 LP K. Wells 1-0

Mil 7-04-1 WP B. Sheets 2-0 SV D. Turnbow 1

Next game is against the Pirates will be tomarrow. The Brewers want to keep up a streak so they can keep up into the next series against Cubs who haven't lost yet.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!! I went to load my Brewers season and it wasn't there!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: Well I guess it's back to the drawing boards nothing I can really do. Do you guys think I sould start the new one and post it all over again in here or start a new new topic completely. Help would be appriciated.

Archived