hosting ip games

bravesj858

well, just now i tried to host an ip game, but for some reason, i could not type my ip address in the slot where it usually would go. instead, some other guy's ip was in there and there was no way to enter my own. anyone know what's wrong? thanks!!!

Are you behind a router? If so, you'd have a local and a public ip.

Keep the local ip in the box.

i'm not sure....like the ip in the box is 192.(censored) and the one the net says i have is 65.(censored), and we still haven't connected. mabye there is something wrong between me and spivey's connection...mabye i should try someone else's connection...

what could be our problem?

When you connected successfully to others, did they connect to your IP? If so, then it's puzzling indeed. If you conected to them, that can be, because only the host's IP will be blocked because of a firewall.

Of course you may have done something on your computer since then. Try hosting a game from somebody else & see if that works. If it doesn't, you know why. If it does, then I am stumped (without knowing more details).

the ip that like for example: 192.168.0.100,101, etc. this is not your actual IP address. thats the one that your router assigns to computers hooked up to it. thats not the one u want to tell someone to hook up to cause it wont connect.

if you ever want to know what ip you have, u can always go to:

www.whatismyip.com

tells ya right off the bat what yours is.

Tony Stetson / VBL-Commish

Virtual Baseball League

www.thevbl.com

Archived