Crap-O won't download

peterbernard

err, you're a vet on this forum, this happens from time to time, go to downloads at the top, click faces, then go to download it from there. please provide feedback to see if you like it or not. remember to backup your models.big folder first.

it is because the author is using parenthesis in the dload title, for some reason it creates an HTML error, when trying to access from the front pages. i had this problem on my first few sets of MILB uniforms. took us a while to figure out the problem. so for future reference avoid using parenthesis in the dload titles.

no problemo, my time right now may be limited for modding and helping out. but, i try my best to keep contributing. but yes that is the problem- the parenthesis. but you're right- you can still go to the appropriate area (faces, unis etc) and download it like you said (the error only occurs on the homepage and the new download list) but problem is- sometimes people will try it only from one of those 2 areas and then give up, thinking it's a broken link. so you lose getting it out to more people- which is the ultimate goal. instead of parenthesis i now just use hyphens. for example:

rams s.a missions - seattle single a- 2xlite uniforms.

hyphens work fine in place of the parenthesis and help seperate the descriptors too. enjoy.....

err, you're a vet on this forum, this happens from time to time, go to downloads at the top, click faces, then go to download it from there. please provide feedback to see if you like it or not. remember to backup your models.big folder first.

err, you're a vet on this forum, you should know about perentheses! Haha j/k

Archived