Open Thread for CRAP-O

moto

Let me just give you a brief explanation of what CRAP-O is and what it will do. When downloaded, you are given a bunch of gxxx.fsh files that you would then import into your dynasty. these fsh files will show up in the according face slots when in edit/CAP (ie g001.fsh refers to face 1 and so on). If you have noticed, UncleMo already released a version that we put together. This time it will probably be all 15 faces. The beauty of this is that instead of getting the generic faces that all look the same except for color, you will get a better looking face (of a real player) that you can also modify. you can change hair color, type and facial hair, just like you would with any of the generic faces. the rookies will come up with these imported faces also. so far so good? but......

if you have already modded even one of the gxxx.fsh files, YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE YOUR MODELS.BIG FILE WITH THE ORIGINAL. i can not stress this enough. i will not bore you with the details, but i have tested and tested and re-tested. once you change a gxxx.fsh file you CAN NOT replace it. it will lead to either crashing or some of the faces not showing up. however, if you follow the instructions EXACTLY like i will give them to you this will not be a problem.

with that said, this mod is not for everyone. i recommend to not use it if you already have many cyberfaces installed into cxxx.fsh files. im using the word many here because if you only have a few it shouldnt be a problem to re-import these files into the "clean" models.big file.

if still interested, i would like for feedback from people on which cyberfaces you would like us to use. we dont create the faces. we convert, organize and distribute. thats it. the creators of the cyberfaces should deserve all the credit (forgot that last time, truly sorry, wont happen again). so again, to make this the best possible, we would like to know what everyone else wants to see. so give us some feedback. peace

Also, if you are having problems please post them here. Do not create a new thread.

If you would like to suggest a face to appear in the our next release, please suggest it here. Requirements: Please suggest faces that do not have "much" facial hair. If you have any bald players (for example Reed Johnson-bald and not much facial hair) to suggest that would be even better.

So again, post any problems, suggestions, feedback (good and bad) and tell us in detail what you did if there happened to be any problems. Moto experienced some problems, I did not really, so, don't be scared 8O to use this modd at all. :wink:

Thank you in advance. We'll both be avidly checking this thread. Thank you and enjoy.-Mo

peterbernard i'd like it ifyou tested it out and if you dislike it post right here. if you like it please do the same. if you have faces to suggest please go ahead. 100+ downloads in less than 3 days tells me someone's gotta like/hate it.

You guys wrote it will mess up my game and my cyberfaces. It sounds like you already tested it and it doesn't work for people using alot of cyberfaces, like me. It would make no sense for me to install something that the creator has already told me will crash my game.

I may, if I have time this summer, want to do a roster/facepack that would in part be inspired by your idea of all-time all-star teams. The minors would remain the minors, but the majors would consist of all-time all-stars, assigned to the teams they should be on. If I give you credit for inspiring me, would you have any problem with me doing my own take on it?

You guys wrote it will mess up my game and my cyberfaces. It sounds like you already tested it and it doesn't work for people using alot of cyberfaces, like me. It would make no sense for me to install something that the creator has already told me will crash my game.

I may, if I have time this summer, want to do a roster/facepack that would in part be inspired by your idea of all-time all-star teams. The minors would remain the minors, but the majors would consist of all-time all-stars, assigned to the teams they should be on. If I give you credit for inspiring me, would you have any problem with me doing my own take on it?

I said if you modified your gxxx.fsh files you would have to replace your original models.big file. i dont want to pretend everything is perfect with replacing the gxxx.fsh files when its not. These files are very different from a cxxx.fsh file and are in a different format. Cyberfaces were not meant to be put into them. Just putting them into the game will NOT cause your game to crash. I know I wrote a lot but you have to read very carefully. or.....maybe i should explain it better. the reason i said you will crash, is ONLY if you have already modded your gxxx.fsh files and yes, peter, I would say that this mod is not for you because i am sure you have about 100 faces installed. it would be a real pain to install all those over again. i simply issued a warning. its not a flaw within the files, its a flaw with the game. let me explain. say you have a modded goo1.fsh file and you try to replace it. it MAY work, it may not. from my experience, and i have spent countless hours testing, the orl and ord files USUALLY become corrupted when u try to replace. sounds easy to fix right? just replace the corrupted with the originals. nope. then the uxxx.fsh files will become corrupted. you can tell which one by opening biggui and looking for the ones that have become decompress. the only problem is that for some reason you cant replace these with biggui. the program will crash every time (biggui that is). now, peter, in your situation, from speaking to you previously, it is under my impression that you have not modded your gxxx.fsh files. the mod will work fine in your case. however, where the problem lies is what if you dont like the gxxx.fsh files we distributed with CRAP-O. once their in, they should not be changed for the above reason. That will cause crashing. i may repeat myself a lot but i want to get my point across. dont use this mod if you have MANY cyberfaces installed. that is all i am saying, because it is easy to re-import only a few. i have 10 faces in my g files. all work perfect and look perfect. now when i want to change one i simply have to replace my models.big with the original. then import the 10 faces back in, which takes a matter of about two minutes. this was a warning, and i gave the worst possible outcome. i dont want people going into this blind without knowing all the facts. now, i think i have explained myself well enough here. but any further questions please post.

by the way peter, i heard your work was good, but had never actually seen it until yesterday. wow, man, nice job. i am using smoky in my dynasty at the moment and he looks fantastic. tried using hornsby but wouldnt work for some reason.

The above explanation is a better one given. 8) Even though the creator had these problems I personally have not had any problems. I don't see any problem with having a ton of cyberfaces and their connection with the general faces (gxxx.fsh). Bottom line to me is this. Backup your models.big file and there should not be any issue.

Sidenote: It is possible that if you import these custom general faces into your models.big file then you may not be able to revert back to the original general faces unless you go back to your backed up models.big file. JUST IN CASE, make sure you absolutely want to change your create a player general faces before you use this mod.

Sidenote: It may be that if you use these general faces that you may be able to go back to your old general faces if you'd like. I have not tested this but you may be able to simply delete you custom general faces from your models.big fild and import the ones that you want back into your game. If someone tests this out let me know how that goes. As for the statement 'If you are using tons of cyberfaces this mod may not be for you', that is not a given considering 120+ people have downloaded this mod and there are no other known complaints/issues. If you have an issue with this mod please post your concerns here. Otherwise, it seems like no one has any problems. No one has any praises. No one has any suggestions for faces and therefore no on cares for moto to create any other newer custom faces. Is this correct people? If so, we won't bother making any more. Have a great day.-Mo 8)

Thanks, well, if I had alot of time, I'd install one regular, one old-time, and one crapo version, but my hard drive isn't large enough and I don't have very much free time these days. It sounds cool, I'm bummed because I wanted to use it. I have to uninstall a camera mod that makes my game crash before I can even play it again and haven't even had time to do that yet. But I'm not complaining, at least I'm not bored. Thanks again.

no no no, just save the models.big file. 256mb roughly of storage space.

either way, if you ever try it, good or bad, feel free to give a review even if it is too much praise or too much jeers. have a good morning=mo=

Sidenote: It may be that if you use these general faces that you may be able to go back to your old general faces if you'd like. I have not tested this but you may be able to simply delete you custom general faces from your models.big fild and import the ones that you want back into your game. If someone tests this out let me know how that goes. As for the statement 'If you are using tons of cyberfaces this mod may not be for you', that is not a given considering 120+ people have downloaded this mod and there are no other known complaints/issues. If you have an issue with this mod please post your concerns here. Otherwise, it seems like no one has any problems. No one has any praises. No one has any suggestions for faces and therefore no on cares for moto to create any other newer custom faces. Is this correct people? If so, we won't bother making any more. Have a great day.-Mo 8)

i alreay tested this mo. i would never post something i didnt know for fact. there is a good chance that the orl's and ord's become corrupt.

The point of this thread is, "Getting cyberfaces into your dynasty is a possibility. But you have to go about it in the correct way. It is like any other mod."

I have tested nearly every single possibility and gave people the worst possible outcome. i am pretty positive that i have screwed around with the gxxx.fsh files more than anyone else so far. i have tried to get around all the issues surrounding the gxxx.fsh files. i spent all frigin day yesterday doin this. i have been speaking of the problems so much because i dont want anyone to get screwed over. please, just read my first two posts. that explains everything. there is no more to say.

i also want to stress that this is a GREAT mod. i havent been speaking of that enough. anyone who downloads this will see. instead of the crappy generic faces that ea gives you, you get to have highly detailed cyberfaces that you can also modify to your liking. seriously, why would i bother even CREATING this post if i believed the mod was a complete failure.

You would get alot more downloads if you:

fixed security error

rename crapola to someting else like (generic face enhancements)

I will give it a whirl later tonight.

thanks for sharing your talents

What is the security error????

Will consider name change.

once you upload i think you can not change the name. correct me if i'm wrong. the only problem is laziness. if someone wants it bad enough they will click on downloads at the top, click on faces, and VIOLA there it is. 2 clicks instead of one. next time if moto is up for it we'll probably change the name to something that has nothing to do with feces and make sure that we don't use parenthesis in the name so that it can be downloaded from the front page like peterbernard says.

there is no security issue. that message pops up because i used parenthesis in the title of the download. so how do you download it? read the 1st paragraph.

You would get alot more downloads if you:

fixed security error

rename crapola to someting else like (generic face enhancements)

I will give it a whirl later tonight.

thanks for sharing your talents

"crapola", man thats crackin me up. it was crap-o but whatever. peace.

with that said, leave your requests in this thread or else me and moto will have to stop talking to ourselves.

CRAPOLA would be

CReate A Player Options Looking Awesome

what it is now is

CRAP-O

which is

CReate A Player Options Face Pack

Any good catchy names you wanna suggest would be great too.

Just not CRAP faces lol!

there will not be another version of the generic face replacer "CRAP-O". there are too many conflicts between mvp studio and the g files. and if you arnt familiar with biggui then you are pretty much screwed. unless another version of studio is released this mod will never see the light of day. sorry.

Archived