"Houston We Have A Problem" (DONE) (NO MORE)

Deathnotronic

Sorry to all my followers, but my stupid self forgot to turn off the Legendary Players so I had to end it. However, I will be starting another one, just with the Washington Nationals. I think they will be tougher to play with on my settings and in a much harder division.

Also, this one will be done a little bit different. Instead of doing game by game, I am going to play a week worth of games, and then do an update with Box Scores, Player Of The Game, and then for the weekly features, you'll have the Player Of The Week, Clubhouse Update, and then Look Around The Corner. Also you'll have League Leaders and Standings each week as well.

This Dynasty will get rolling tonight, and first updates will probably be posted Tuesday or Wednesday.

Once again, sorry for all the followers, just something I had to do.

-CBK

Console:  Modded XBOX

Rosters:  Ultimate 2.3

Datafile: Kumala v6 w/Walk Up Batter Music

Level:	All-Star

Sliders:  My own mix

Options:  Stike Zone on, Hot/Cold off, Pitch Cursor fade

Other:	Progression Mod
Batting Order vs RHP no DH

1: Adam Everett

2: Craig Biggio

3: Jeff Bagwell

4: Lance Berkman

5: Morgan Ensberg

6: Jason Lane

7: Orlando Palmeiro

8: Brad Ausmus

9: (Pitcher)
Batting Order vs LHP no DH

1: Adam Everett

2: Craig Biggio

3: Jeff Bagwell

4: Mike Lamb

5: Lance Berkman

6: Jason Lane

7: Chris Burke

8: Brad Ausmus

9: (Pitcher)
Pitching Rotation

SP:  Roy Oswalt

SP:  Mike Hampton

SP:  Andy Pettitte

SP:  Brandon Backe

SP:  Ezequiel Astacio/Kyle Davies

MRP: Chad Harville

MRP: Mike Burns

MRP: John Franco

MRP: Russ Springer

LRP: Dan Wheeler

SU:  Chad Qualls

CP:  Brad Lidge

Roster Moves:

Sent: Eric Bruntlett to AA

Sent: Willy Tavarez to AAA

Called Up: Kyle Davies from AA to MLB

Called Up: Chris Burker from AAA to MLB

We Have...LIFTOFF!

By: Zach Williamston

Staff Writer: Houston Times

What an unbelievable game Opening Day was for the Cardinals and Astros. Opening Day pitted Mark Mulder against Houston Ace, Roy Oswalt. Through the first 5 innings, each pitcher was throwing a No Hitter. But then once the 7th inning hit, it looked as if Houston was down and out with St. Louis scoring 2 runs and Houston commiting 2 errors, and Mulder still pitching like a gem for St. Louis. Oswalt calmed down in the 8th when Jason Lane threw out David Eckstein trying to score on a Larry Walker double. Then in the bottom of the 9th when it looked like Mulder was going to have a complete game shutout, he fell apart. Adam Everett led off with a single, and got moved up to 2nd after Biggio hit a sharp grounder to 3rd. Bagwell then came up and popped up a shallow fly ball to right. The Astros manager then had Jose Vizcaino come in and pinch hit for the 0-3 Mike Lamb, and Vizcaino lined it right over Rolen's head for a single. So with 2 outs, and men on first and third, the Cardinals bring in Jason Isringhausen to face Lance Berkman. After a first pitch ball, Isringhausen throws one low and inside to Berkman and he crushes 413 feet for an amazing walk-off homer and an Opening Day win for the Astros. After the game, Berkman said, "I felt like I was in the zone in my last at-bat and needed to make up for my 2 strikeouts earlier in the game."

Houston Notables:

Adam Everett: 2-4, 1R

Lance Berkman: 1-4, 1HR (1), 3RBI (3)

Roy Oswalt: 8.0IP, 3K, 0BB, 2ER, 2.25ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

STL: 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  2 9 0

HOU: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3  3 6 2

WP: Wheeler (1-0)  LP: Isringhausen (0-1)
Tomorrow's Starters:

STL: Morris (0-0)

HOU: Hampton (0-0)

Nothing personal but this is unrealistic due to the age of Clemens and the Age of Hampton. The Braves would not take on Clemens and Smoltz and get rid of a young pitcher Davies. They don't have the young talent to replace Smoltz and Clemens when they retire. I got a call and they said that they want a refund.

"Sean Finch called up the Braves, and after an hour of talking, agreed to send Clemens to Atlanta for pitchers Mike Hampton and rising superstar Kyle Davies"

In that case, run man run, don't look back. PC is stupid. Thanks for doing an Astros dynasty. It IS a challenge, no? I probably won't follow this (only because i never follow these things) but I AM glad you are doing Houston. Kick butt. Take the Cards out and make the Braves wish they'd never had dealt with you.

Win, But A Loss For 'Stros

Last night the Cardinals and Astros played their 2nd game of the 2 game series. The match-up pitted Matt Morris against newly acquired Mike Hampton for the Astros. Hampton was living up to his reputation as a power hitting pitcher, when he jacked a solo homerun off of Morris in the bottom of the 3rd. Hampton also hit an RBI double in the bottom of the 4th, an inning in which the Astros scored an amazing 7 runs. However, only 3 of the runs went against Morris' ERA as the Cards produced 2 errors in the 4th to keep the inning alive for the Astros. There was a scarey moment though in the Top of the 5th. Mike Hampton's first pitch of the inning sent him to the DL for the rest of the season! Hampton's leg landed in an awkward way and he ended up tearing a Knee ACL. The injury to Hampton seemed to let down the entire team as they struggled to get a couple more hits and no runs in the rest of the game. The injury however, allowed Kyle Davies to get some playing time. Davies ended up picking up the win by pitching 3 innings, and giving up 2 earned runs. Hampton's injury also made Houston make some roster moves to fill in his space. The Astros called up Carlos Hernandez from their AAA team, called up Tim McClaskey to AAA from AA, and then signed 18 year old Freddy Affeldt to a 2 year, 1.20 million dollar contract. This also hinders talks about future trading to get another bat in the lineup as Houston will soley look for another quality pitcher if Hernandez can't cut it in the Majors.

Houston Notables:

Craig Biggio: 2-4, 2B, RBI (1)

Jeff Bagwell: 2-4, RBI (1)

Hampton: 2-2, HR (1), 2B, RBI (2)/4.0IP, 1H, 0.00ERA

Kyle Davies: 3.0IP, 6H, 1K, 1BB, 2ER, 6.00ERA

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R  H E

STL: 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0  2 10 2

HOU: 0 0 1 7 0 0 0 0 X  8 13 0

WP: Davies (1-0) LP: Morris (0-1)

Astros (2-0)

Cardinals (0-2)

Upcoming Series

Reds (1-2) @ Astros (2-0)

Mike Hampton's first pitch of the inning sent him to the DL for the rest of the season! Hampton's leg landed in an awkward way and he ended up tearing a Knee ACL.

Now that's a bunch of BS. I have to say that I would not have saved that game, I have a short temper and I would have been ticked.

Nonetheless, good win - 7 runs in a inning is CRAZY!

Tic-Tac-Toe...3 In A Row!

Last night's game one of the Reds/Astros series saw Pettitte make a 7 inning start with 4k's, saw a blast by Morgan Ensberg, and unfortunately, another injury to the Astros team, this time, SS Adam Everett. In the Top of the 4th, Everett dove to his right to stop a sharp grounder and when he got up, he couldn't throw the ball. After the play was over, he fell back down gripping his wrist and trainers rushed to the scene. After xrays were done, it was shown to only be a minor sprain of the wrist which will put him out of action for 9 days. The Astros aren't sure if they'll make a move and put Adam on the 15-day DL, or if they'll just wait his time out and give Jose Viscaino some playing time. On a good note though, Pettitte was his old dominate self on the mound, only allowing 5 hits and 1 earned run. This game also featured closer Brad Lidge get his first save of the season. Tomorrow night, the Astros take on Tyler Pelland while the Astros throw Brandon Backe.

Houston Notables:

Jeff Bagwell: 1-4, 3B, 2 RBI (3), .250 AVG

Morgan Ensberg: 2-3, HR (1), 2 RBI (3), .429 AVG

Andy Pettitte: 7.0IP, 5H, 4K, 0BB, 1ER, 1.29 ERA, Win (1-0)

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

CIN: 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  1 6 0

HOU: 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 X  4 6 0

WP: Pettitte (1-0) LP: Ortiz (0-1) SV: Lidge (1)

Astros (3-0)

Reds (1-3)

Tomorrow's Starters:

CIN: Tyler Pelland (0-0)

HOU: Brandon Backe (0-0)

More Houston Magic

Last night, Houston fans were going absolutely nuts all throughout the game from the very first pitch. Being present at the game before it started, you could feel a magical sense go through your body. The also seemed to fly by as well with great pitching from both sides even though the box score doesn't show it in the end. Cincinnatti jumped ahead to an early lead scoring a run in the 2nd, and then in the 5th, Astros' Chris Burke knocked in Berkman and himself after a 322 foot homerun to left. In the 7th though, Brandon Backe gave up a 2 run homer to D'Angelo Jimenez. Backe was then pulled and Kyle Davies came in to pitch 2 innings of shutout relief. In the bottom of the 9th, Danny Graves gets called in by the Reds to close out the game, or at least that's what they thought. Mike Lamb singled to right, then came up Berkman who hit the first pitch 419 feet foul, then singled the 2nd pitch to left. So with men on first and second with no outs, 0-2 Jason Lane comes up, and on a 1-1 count, blasts a 350 foot homer to right for the Astros' 2nd walk off homer win and 4th in a row.

Houston Notables:

Lance Berkman: 3-4, 2 2B, 2R, .467 AVG

Jason Lane: 1-3, HR (1), 3 RBI (3), .154 AVG

Chris Burke: 2-3, HR (1), 2 RBI (2), .500 AVG

Brandon Backe: 6.0IP, 6H, 5K, 0BB, 3ER, 4.50 ERA

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R  H E

CIN: 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  3  7 0

HOU: 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3  5 12 0

WP: Qualls (1-0) LP: Graves (0-1)

Astros (4-0)

Reds (1-3)

Tomorrow's Starters:

Luke Hudson (0-0) @ Ezequiel Astacio (0-0)

Archived