Graphics Problems

KCJay

I have a Radeon 9800...got it a few weeks ago and am having real video problems with MVP 2004.....on the playing screen I am getting a lot of flashing graphics...kind of hard to explain, but it looks like parts of the screen are turning on and off rapidly. I have the latest drivers (4.5) and am playing at 1280X1024. I turned the graphics down but the problems persist. Any ideas?

I have a Radeon 9800...got it a few weeks ago and am having real video problems with MVP 2004.....on the playing screen I am getting a lot of flashing graphics...kind of hard to explain, but it looks like parts of the screen are turning on and off rapidly. I have the latest drivers (4.5) and am playing at 1280X1024. I turned the graphics down but the problems persist. Any ideas?

What graphics card did you upgrade from? There are many reports of people going from Nvidia cards to ATI cards and having problems if they don't completely remove all traces of the old drivers first.

GeForce...4400 I believe. Yes, I removed drivers and used Driver Cleaner..also went to the registry and removed all traces of NVidea drivers.

Hmm, unfortunately I know nothing about ATI cards as I have always owned Nvidia ones...

You say you are running at 1280X1024...this may be a stupid question, but are you running at 32bit color? I noticed strange graphical issues when I tried running at 16bit.

Another thing to try might be to check you desktop settings sometimes it helps to have your desktop settings the same as your game, especially for color depth...I'm grasping here ;)

MVP graphics stuttered when I had a GeForce 4200 ti (64mb). I recently installed a GeForce FX5700 Ultra (128mb) and it still stutters--there was no improvement. I've tried all of the graphic settings/refresh rates and interestingly it stutters least with everything maxed out at 1024x768 32bit.

I have the latest NVidia drivers, a P4 1.5, w 512mb. Is this is a known problem with GeForce cards, or is it an MVP problem?

Thanks for any information.

Im running a P4 2.6 overclocked to 3.0 on an asus mobo w/ 512 pc 2700

mem and a Gforce 5600 ultra 800fsb on the mobo.....I run MVP2004 at

1280x1024 60hz refresh rate.....anything higher in refresh rate will in most cases cause the game to stutter....Im using Forceware Driver 52.71

There are othere versions out there but I have found that these have worked the best as far as frame rate....Dont overclock your video card just run the game at stock speed at 1280x1024 60hz and see what you get. Also try the 52.71 drivers at the Nivida site.

Im sorry...its driver 56.72.....not what I had said......I usually download the latest and greatest driver when it comes out and install it then run some benchmarks and see if it will profit me or not......If you go to 3dguru.com you will find many versions of forceware drivers on there site but most have not been whql tested so there beta drivers...use them at your own risk.....I never really had a problem other than the driver just did not perform.....This is why Ive rolled back to 56.72.....Ive found this driver to be the most stable in all my games and get the best framerates with this one......As always you should uninstall your current driver then run Detonator RIP....to remove all stray entries from registry...then reboot and install new driver....this is what I do anyway never having a problem.

I know this isn't exactly the place for this but I just bought this card, the GeForceFX 5700 Ultra, to play MVP. None of the suggestions above seem to make a bit of difference--in fact the choppiness actually increases as I go down in resolution. I ran the Unreal Tournakent 2004 Benchmark test and it was showing that my frame rates DROP as I go from 1024x768 to 640x480! Any ideas? Does anyone know of a more appropriate forum where I might get this question answered--so I don't take up space here.

The refresh rate has no impact at all that I can see on the choppiness.

I'm hoping that it's something simple.

Thanks.

--And yes, I ran Detonator RIP, reinstalled etc.

well tell me what slot the graphics card is in....AGP or PCI.....are you running in 4x or 8x.....is sideband addressing on.....and fastwrite off.

what kind of mobo you got.....and or what bios revision....sometimes your mobo maker will update the bios that will help you run the latest and greatest hardware.....just some things to look at.....Again im running the 5600 ultra at 1280x1024 aa2x and it runs as smooth as silk no stuttering whatsoever......so depending on the rest of your system the 5700 should do at least the same if not better

Archived