Hows Your Dynasty Going?

Just want to see if anyone is having better luck than me I finished my first season four games over .500 and got knocked out in three in Div. Playoffs.(Arhgggg) I played about a third of the games and managed the rest. Im in my second season and im 42 -18 coming towards the break really hard at times to win a series, doing alot better after some releasing and some hot rookie signings. I use rodkey ver4,kams camera mods, all stadium modds, 2x unies, mvp level, spitoons bats + ball,kerms rosters and gforce total minors (Thx to all) This game is so much better now.

I began my dynasty when the game was released with the Tigers and it started off almost identical to the beginning of the season, but then I was going on 12 game win streaks, sometimes more on default Pro level so I have been fooling around with the latest datafiles from Rod and was going to restart with GForce's total minors. It's fun to hit the crap out of the ball all the time, but when Pudge is gearing up for over 100 home runs I think I'm getting too much contact!

I'm stuck around .500 through about 100 games...I'm considering dropping to pro level as I have had two recent 6 game losing streaks :(

500 isn't that bad bro. Look around the mlb, it's pretty realistic. I also went in slumps, mostly with my minor teams but even with the majors. Personaly, I like that extra bit of realism. I don't like touching the settings, but definitly if you're getting frustrated, drop a level. In my case I just used my minors as a testing ground to find out what I was doing wrong and correct it. The less I played, the more my timing was off. Also, oddly enough, doing some call-ups/send-downs helped to get out of the slump (I didn't hesitate to send 2-3 good hitters to the minors and call-up some rookies). Still far from going in a hit-fest, but I like it this way.

This game gets to be very demotivating for me as I play with the Rockies. It's like every game is at Coors Field for the other team. I give up at least 5 or 6 homers a game. I don't know.. I don't make many mistake pitches, but when I do it's guranteed to be a HR for the other team.

I currently use Kam's Lvl 3 tweaks with the recommended sliders and I can't score more than 3 runs and seldom give up less than 8. :(

This game gets to be very demotivating for me as I play with the Rockies. It's like every game is at Coors Field for the other team. I give up at least 5 or 6 homers a game. I don't know.. I don't make many mistake pitches, but when I do it's guranteed to be a HR for the other team.

I currently use Kam's Lvl 3 tweaks with the recommended sliders and I can't score more than 3 runs and seldom give up less than 8. :(

Go down to level 1, it will improve your timing/contact greatly. Don't touch the sliders or the difficulty level, just use that level 1 (and 2 level after 5-6 games), then back to level 3. You'll see a big improvement.I've had moments just as you describe. You need to nip it in the butt before it gets uglier :D

I've got 2 going... one with a real indians line-up, and they are just a little over .400, playing on all star, and i honestly don't play that one that often anymore.....

I also have a more "fun" indians dynasty mixing some of their stars from the mid- 90's and current players.. I've got a link to to that one in my sig...

Go down to level 1, it will improve your timing/contact greatly. Don't touch the sliders or the difficulty level, just use that level 1 (and 2 level after 5-6 games), then back to level 3. You'll see a big improvement.I've had moments just as you describe. You need to nip it in the butt before it gets uglier :D

Hmm, well I tried that and it only made things worse. I played 3 games and the first one I lost by the score of 27 - 3 or something like that. I swear, you'd think i was throwing BP to the other teams or something. Everyone else is playing HR Derby while I'm popping fouls to the first and third baseman.

Also, everytime I get the other pitcher in trouble with say like two guys on (or even bases loaded) on one out or less they manage to work out of it. The scenerio seems to be pick runner off even though I don't extend a lead at all, then some sort of DP or a couple of cans of corn.

I know it sounds like I'm bitching, and I guess I am. I just know that I'm frustrated and I"ve never had problems like this in baseball games. I don't want it to be easy by any means, I just wish I'd stop giving up 6 or 7 HR's a game and just as many triples.

I know what you're thinking too, stop throwing heaters down the middle. It's not like that... I try to pain corners all game long, but if the ball is anywhere in the stike zone the other team is taking it for a ride.

I'm like 15 games into my season and I bet I've given up at least 7 leadoff HR's.

OH, and I'm not complaining about my lack of ability to hit... I accept full responsibility for that lol. I just don't like having the other teams treat me like I'm throwing BP when I'm trying my butt off to work them. Mixing it up, different locations, etc etc etc.

I know it sounds like I'm bitching, and I guess I am. I just know that I'm frustrated and I"ve never had problems like this in baseball games. I don't want it to be easy by any means, I just wish I'd stop giving up 6 or 7 HR's a game and just as many triples.

You want the honest truth?: if the tips given here don't work, uninstall my mod, play with the EA defaults. See if that fixes it. You never know.

Kamasutra

Seeing is I was playing on Pro and it was way to easy, I decided to use your tweaks and camera views and man, what a difference. I have played some of the best games using the Level 3 tweaks. My only complaint now is playing around with rosters. Thanks for all the work!

Kamasutra

Seeing is I was playing on Pro and it was way to easy, I decided to use your tweaks and camera views and man, what a difference. I have played some of the best games using the Level 3 tweaks. My only complaint now is playing around with rosters. Thanks for all the work!

glad you like :D

Yes usualy it does make a difference, level 3 is supposed to be closer games (most times), but this person says that it makes the cpu wail on him. So I suggested for him to uninstall the mod and play with defaults.

Thanks for your review btw.

Kamasutra,

no problem!

what rosters do you use in your dynasty by the way? your own or someone elses?

me or nazzy?

I use an old kerm's as base (i started my dynasty a few weeks ago) i think it's v14 or v15 (don't quote me on that) edited for the expos and to include the xpos' portraits..basicaly the roster/expos portrait update that's on my site.

kam,

Sorry man, I didn't mean to insinuate that since using your mod that I'm getting wailed on. I just picked up the game recently and before starting my franchise I waited for the perfect rosters and installed your mod. I think what you've done is remarkable and appreciate the work you've done greatly.

I think my complaint is more of a "since I'm using the rockies and their rotation sucks, every game is like coors field, even when I'm not in Coors" type of complaint.

I literally cannot give up less than 8 runs a game and to be honest...that's a good night. I've used with your mod, without your mod, cpu contact in the negatives, cpu power in the negatives, the suggest sliders for your mod and the list goes on.

I guess I'm just using these forums as a place to vent my frustatration. I really do like this game a lot. I just can't play with my favorite team because the lopsidedness of it is too extreme.

I just read back through my first couple of posts in this thread.

Yup. Kam, I didn't mean to come off like that. I know I sound like I'm bitching about your work, but I'm not. Really I'm not.

I just read back through my first couple of posts in this thread.

Yup. Kam, I didn't mean to come off like that. I know I sound like I'm bitching about your work, but I'm not. Really I'm not.

Hey don't worry about it Boom. Even if you didn't like the mod, it's your right & perfectly ok, no offense taken.

I still say try to play with no datafile and default sliders and work your way from there. Also turn strike zone/hot zones off, you're pitching should benefit greatly. (You won't aim for corner anymore, instead you'll get to study the batter.. etc..) try it

I already currently don't use the hot/cold zones or the strike zone. I've been working on my pitching and pitching more balls and then working my way toward the plate. I guess I'm just trying to error on the side of caution. I figure if I do miss my spot then it's not going to be a meatball over the middle or it's just going to way completely out of the strike zone.

Seems to be helping, but I think this is just an issue w/ my rotation and my team more than anything. The Rockies suck in real life and it's definitely no different in this game. I just wish I didn't give up the un-Godly amount of HR's. It's insane I tell ya lol.

I already currently don't use the hot/cold zones or the strike zone. I've been working on my pitching and pitching more balls and then working my way toward the plate. I guess I'm just trying to error on the side of caution. I figure if I do miss my spot then it's not going to be a meatball over the middle or it's just going to way completely out of the strike zone.

Seems to be helping, but I think this is just an issue w/ my rotation and my team more than anything. The Rockies suck in real life and it's definitely no different in this game. I just wish I didn't give up the un-Godly amount of HR's. It's insane I tell ya lol.

lol, it's ironic because I play on level 3, i just finished a series with the rockies... and guess what?

I PITCHED TERRIBLY! the rockies wwwwwailllled on me completly, every single mistake I made was a homer.

ironic no? I can confirm that on MVP difficulty with level 3 (and even all-star level), any mistake will be costly. And with the rockies, it was even more dramatic in my case...

link to my dynasty, you can see the results.. =>

Expos Dynasty

Archived