Strikeouts

MarlinsFan

Whats the most strikeouts you've done in the game so far?

17 K's with created player(perfect game pitched :D:D ) on Pro difficulty

14 K's with A.J. Burnett

BTW, anyway to get the "notify me when a reply is posted" unchecked automatically?

I've been to only two, got my money's worth though.

First: the comeback win against Cincy. Sat in a suite on the third base side.

Second: The 2-0 loss to Atlanta two days before Sheets K'ed 18. The game was pretty bland, but they did honor the Milwaukee Braves and it would have been alright if Vizcaino hadn't served up the back-to-back jacks.

Second: The 2-0 loss to Atlanta two days before Sheets K'ed 18. The game was pretty bland, but they did honor the Milwaukee Braves and it would have been alright if Vizcaino hadn't served up the back-to-back jacks.

I was soooooo pissed I missed that game. I went the night before and and planned on going the next day but I was too disappointed by the way they played. Kinney got hammer.......and so did I. :D

BTW: 1st base infield box > all

except maybe the Buckethead seats on a Tues.

knuckle curve is just a sick strike-out pitch

:D yea, i recommend the cutter as well

pitchest i use for strikeouts are mostly fastball/cutter/slider/curveball (depending on the pitcher and the velocity) in my created person i can shoot 98mph cutters.

I think I had like 14 with Oswalt in 8 innings on All-star. I also had 13 with Beckett on All-star and it was a no-hitter as well(i walked 3 and hit 2 lol). On Pro I had like 20 with Prior I think. I had a couple 20 k games, one here and one at my friends house(he has the ps2 version) on pro level.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, my best strikeout pitch is just the curveball(knuckle curve should work too, but I haven't had one except for the month I had Isringhausen). high fastballs work well, but they lay off that a lot. And a slider down and left out of the zone from a lefty pitcher and down and right out of the zone from a righty pitcher works well too. It either slides away from the batter or slides down and in on them and they like to swing at it. I haven't really had many good changeup pitchers but a changeup low and out of the zone works well too.

11 with russ ortiz on mvp

The key to strikeouts is perfect pitches and by perfect I dont mean hitting the green in any spot I mean hitting the green right there at the end of the green wheren the blue starts again...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i've perfected the Moose's repituare. back to back to back starts on MVP, 17 K 1 Hitter, 13 K Complete Game, and a 15 K No-Hitter. he's got a nasty amount of pitchers to catch 'em on. my all-time high though was with El Duque's eephus curve (using MVP Edit, 54 MPH), i struck out 19. it's all about hitting those corners and fooling the pitchers.

Steve trachsel- 22 Rookie (one of the first times i played MVP thats why its rookie)

Bartolo Colone 19- All Star.(he was on my mets team)

Al Leiter 16- All Star

O YEA I ALSO GOT 36 K's with one pitcher. ITS TRUE.........I just cheated :-) i put my extra controler in while i was using my first controller........ i went 12 inning (wanted to get strikeouts so didnt score runs) and the game ended for trachsel on the 2nd pitch of the 13th inning when he threw his arm out and was injured. Sturck out the side with Braden Looper though LOL!!! (BTW: I won)

TIP: When u have 2 strikes and you have a curvball pitcher throw it as far down as u possibly can. Just make sure u hit the green zone in the pitchng meter. Guaranteed K 99.99% of the time.

Archived