Connie Mack Stadium

paulw

Looks gorgeous man, I'm sure you and Hyman know EA's Shibe better than anyone at this point.

Y'know, we need to work out some universal way in which we can either replace the minor league parks without stepping on anyone else's work, or for Total Classics a way to replace the new, modern parks with our modded ones. Something to keep in mind.

Looks gorgeous man, I'm sure you and Hyman know EA's Shibe better than anyone at this point.

Y'know, we need to work out some universal way in which we can either replace the minor league parks without stepping on anyone else's work, or for Total Classics a way to replace the new, modern parks with our modded ones. Something to keep in mind.

I thought we could do this already?

I thought we could do this already?

We can, but it would be nice to have an organized way to replace the stadiums we don't need for total classics. Plus, I'm not completely sure of how we change the name of the stadium in the park selection screen. I mainly just want to make sure we don't keep overwriting each others' work since there are only a limited number of minor league spots available.

About the avatar, I had mine hosted on the university webspace, but they must've deleted it the second I graduated, the bastards. I'll work on getting more Brooklyn representation soon.

You can use any stadium name/location for any stadium. It's a matter of simply opening up datafile.big with EAGraphics Editor and exporting (compressed) the stadium info to an external file. Then rename the file the name you want to use.

Example:

Say for some bizarre reason I want Fenway Park to be Yankee Stadium. From EAGraphics editor I'd export fenwday.txt from datafile.big. I'd then rename this yankday.txt. Then I'd rename fenwday.big in the stadium folder to yankday.big. Finally I'd copy the new yankday.txt to the .../DATA folder. Next time I'd select Yankee Stadium from the game Fenway Park would appear with all the correct camera angles.

In the ...data/stadium folder there is also a file called lighting .csv. Open this up with Excel and you can change the lighting of any of your stadiums. Make sure to save as a .csv file - not Excel format.

You can also change the lighting of any stadium by extracting the specific data file for a specific stadium from the main datafile.big. Then go to the main datafile and copy the lighting section and paste it into your specific stadium.txt file (I just put it at the end). Then drop the stadium.txt file into the main Data folder- and the game will read the lighting data from that.

Yes, but it will still say Yankee Stadium in game

Yes it will say Yankee Stadium. There's a way to actually change this I've heard of but haven't done myself. What I would love to be able to do - and if someone can point me in this direction it would great - is replace the first screen info that comes up. It would be very cool to have an actual picture of Ebbets or Yankee or whatever from the choose stadium screen.

Yes it will say Yankee Stadium. There's a way to actually change this I've heard of but haven't done myself. What I would love to be able to do - and if someone can point me in this direction it would great - is replace the first screen info that comes up. It would be very cool to have an actual picture of Ebbets or Yankee or whatever from the choose stadium screen.

It's been explained here, I'm sure I've seen it, though the pic is apparently a weird size to allow the panning effect

• 1 year later...

Archived