Fielding Gloves not working

TcWig

Anyone that can help? I downloaded the fielding gloves from this site but can see them in the game. Double checked to insure a full install and tried again, seems to load but a no show in the game.

I just d/l'd it to give it a try and see what is wrong.

When you run these kind of things, its a good idea to expand the DOS box and read all the outputs it will help a bunch in troubleshooting.

When I first ran it, I got "The syntax of the command is incorrect" right after the line "copy fglv.fsh models/texturesfglv.fsh"

Right click on the gloves_v1.bat and select edit, then look for that line above and change it to "copy fglv.fsh modelstexturesfglv.fsh"...the one slash was the wrong way

Worked for me after I made that small change.

Again, make sure you expand the DOS box fully and read each line, make sure it says it was successful, or at least that there are no error messages.

When it's done you can delete the folders misc and models and the file initstay.big, just to keep things tidy.

I found where the slash was backward and then 2 lines below are backward too. I changed them and attempted to install again but no luck. anywya you can send me the correct files? tcwig@yahoo.com

You only need to change the slash in the one line...the syntax for the gfxpak.exe program is different than for the copy command...

Leave everything else as it was and change only the one slash in the copy command.

Also, make sure you are executing it from the proper folder, the main MVP 2004 folder (the one with the MVP2004.exe file). You should have the batch file, the fglv.fsh file and gfxpak.exe in there.

If it still doesn't work can you copy and paste the output from running the batch file? That would help alot.

When you run it, expand the DOS box fully and right click on the top bar of the box, one of the options will be "Select All" do that, then copy and paste it into a reply here. That way I can look at it and see where it is failing for you.

I tried you batch file but it didn't seem to work. The dos screen came out spaced funny and unreadable. I emailed you my batch file v2 and your v1. I noticed it also creats a initstay.big file in my main mvp folder. does al this go in the instaz.big file? cna you sem me a copy of that if it does?

I tried you batch file but it didn't seem to work. The dos screen came out spaced funny and unreadable. I emailed you my batch file v2 and your v1. I noticed it also creats a initstay.big file in my main mvp folder. does al this go in the instaz.big file? cna you sem me a copy of that if it does?

I can't figure it out...the one you sent me that was mine originally was all compressed or something, not the same way I sent it...it was exactly the same as your V2 when I removed all the crazy spaces and stuff...

Can you read through the output of it when you run your version 2? Then let me know what the error messages are?

When I run your V2 batch file, it works fine here.

Basically what happens is this:

1) unpack initstaz.big from the /data folder which results in initstay.big in your main folder

2) creates some new folders (/misc/textures and /models/textures)

3) unpacks initstay.big into those new folders

4) replaces fglv.fsh with the new one (in /models/textures)

5) repacks initstay.big

6) repacks initstaz.big

You can actually delete the initstay.big, /models and /misc folders, fglv.fsh, and the batch file once the installation is complete.

I'd really like to see the output of the batch file if I can....When you run the batch file through, right click on the top bar of that window, then go down to "Edit" and choose "Select All" the screen should turn white, keep your mouse on the top bar and right click again and select "Edit" again then "copy", come here and do a reply and then right click and paste it into a message here. That way I can read it and see where it is screwing up....

Mine looks like this:

F:MVP 2004>echo on

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -u datainitstaz.big

pack file 'datainitstaz.big' opened

4280200 initstay.big

F:MVP 2004>mkdir models

F:MVP 2004>mkdir misc

F:MVP 2004>cd models

F:MVP 2004models>mkdir textures

F:MVP 2004models>cd ..

F:MVP 2004>cd misc

F:MVP 2004misc>mkdir textures

F:MVP 2004misc>cd ..

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -u initstay.big

pack file 'initstay.big' opened

4240 misc/textures/ballshdw.fsh

400 misc/textures/ballsprt.fsh

16528 misc/textures/pcshdw2.fsh

1168 misc/textures/white.fsh

5536 models/ball.o

12640 models/bat.o

4032 models/batshadw.o

687696 models/bgbody.ord

22960 models/bghead.ord

17312 models/brknbat.o

3796 models/collbody.gld

736304 models/hibody.ord

26912 models/hishadow.o

76720 models/lobody.ord

15312 models/lohead.ord

21280 models/loshadow.o

402384 models/mebody.ord

25712 models/mehead.ord

149696 models/textures/ball.fsh

92416 models/textures/basebody.fsh

8448 models/textures/basehead.fsh

1049552 models/textures/bat.fsh

131568 models/textures/cglv.fsh

393952 models/textures/fglv.fsh

364432 models/textures/flesh.fsh

8480 models/textures/helmenvm.fsh

F:MVP 2004>copy fglv.fsh models	exturesfglv.fsh

1 file(s) copied.

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/fglv.fsh

deletes files from packfile 'initstay.big'

total 26, deleted 1

creating header

writing data

packfile 'initstay.big' updated successfully

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/fglv.fsh

updating packfile 'initstay.big'

added 'models/textures/fglv.fsh'

total 25, replaced 0, added 1

creating header

writing data

packfile 'initstay.big' updated successfully

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -p datainitstaz.big initstay.big

updating packfile 'datainitstaz.big'

replaced 'initstay.big'

total 1, replaced 1, added 0

creating header

writing data

packfile 'datainitstaz.big' updated successfully

F:MVP 2004>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

I have mine installed somewhere other than the "default" installation, that is why it says F:MVP 2004>...yours will probably say C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2004> or something like that....

wow thanks spitoon, i went in and edited that slash to and the gloves installed like a charm.....the obsession continues!!

Glad it worked...I'm having enough of a challenge fixing my own screw ups in the bats mod let alone dealing with someone elses glove mod...but it's all for the greater good :D

By the way, the glove mod is very good 8)

By the way, the glove mod is very good

yeah actually it is pretty damn good, the only thing i can say that's wrong w/ it is the pocket on the plain brown glove (glove #1 i believe) looks a little "squashed". what happened to the dude who did this mod did he just give up on it or what? this has lots of promise.

Thanks alot for everything. I got it working now. after you sent me the copy of your file, I noticed that it was putting it in my main MVP file. I moved it to stats and it works, the one you sent works too!! I am no longer :banghead:

I dit find when you look at the downloaded glv.fsh with the EA grapic editor there is an old time glove but it doesnt appear in the game. but other than that its all good!!

Thanks alot for everything. I got it working now. after you sent me the copy of your file, I noticed that it was putting it in my main MVP file. I moved it to stats and it works, the one you sent works too!! I am no longer :banghead:

I dit find when you look at the downloaded glv.fsh with the EA grapic editor there is an old time glove but it doesnt appear in the game. but other than that its all good!!

The old time glove must be for old time players or something, I've never seen it in the game.

Archived