Rogers Centre turf project

murph4thehall

Here is a shot of a new turf texture for Rogers Centre. I'm using rdsk's Rogers ( :wtg: ) in the shots. The goal is to get the turf as close as possible to what I have uploaded for Tropicana, so I'm doing a lot of experimenting with colors, effects, and layers. The field "grid" makes it difficult. I tried to edit the mfield.orl/.ord files to fix this problem, but it crashes the game. :wall: Maybe some of you oedit gurus can help me with this...

rogersturflarge2om.th.jpgrogerslarge35rv.th.jpgrogersturflarge25aj.th.jpgrogersturflow6zs.th.jpg

yea, mikeB, just replace the field0/1/2 files using bigui . its suggested that that u do this 1 file at a time, and compress the files one at a time too.

I replaced them all at the same time. Any reason for doing this 1 file at a time?

Thanks.

I'm not getting any lag on my system so go ahead and install it.

Edit: The turf is shimmering, giving the illusion of gently rolling waves. It's a bit annoying, actually, so I am a bit confused. Anyone else having this problem? It also seems like the turf is not as textured as the turf texture at Tropicana Field or the Metrodome. This also could be due to the fact that I am using the zoom fielding angle instead of aerial which seems to be popular. I've noticed the grass shimmers more on zoom... :roll:

I'm not getting any lag on my system so go ahead and install it.

Edit: The turf is shimmering, giving the illusion of gently rolling waves. It's a bit annoying, actually, so I am a bit confused. Anyone else having this problem? It also seems like the turf is not as textured as the turf texture at Tropicana Field or the Metrodome. This also could be due to the fact that I am using the zoom fielding angle instead of aerial which seems to be popular. I've noticed the grass shimmers more on zoom... :roll:

I'm not sure where your graphics card settings are at, but it has been shown that increasing AF (to 4X minimum) will help to limit the shimmering.

Archived