EAGE Photo Updating Problem :-/

McDiddy

You can replace photos in MVPedit?

Or can you just assign photo numbers.

yes you can replace them with MVP Edit. I just finished updating the reds.

1. Find your image

2. Save it as a .bmp

3. Open Paint Shop Pro or a similiar application.

4. Open your photo in the application

5. resize the photo to 128 x 128

6. Save photo

7. Open MVP Edit

8. Go to the player you want to update

9. Click on his pic

10. Select new picture

11. Find the pic that you previously saved (it must be a 128 x 128 bmp)

12. It should show up.

13. click ok

14. Import the .mbe

The picture will now be in the game. You also have the option of changing the background in MVP Edit (alpha). I just use the blank one and it works fine.

Okay, I tried what you said jpup, but it still show the player's old photo, and when I go into the game I dont see any photo at all!

I asked someone on AIM, and he said that it has something to do with transparency. Can you explain that?

you did exactly what i said? if you did that and it did not work, i don't know what to tell you really.

What version of MVP Edit do you have? you should be using 17b.

did the new pic show up in mvp edit?

Maybe you're editing the wrong portrait.big file...??

No, that can't be the problem. Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2004/data/frontend/portrait

I can still update the photos for MVP 2003, but when I try thr same thing fr 2004 it doesn't work! :banghead:

No, that can't be the problem. Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2004/data/frontend/portrait

I can still update the photos for MVP 2003, but when I try thr same thing fr 2004 it doesn't work! :banghead:

you never answered my questions

you did exactly what i said? if you did that and it did not work, i don't know what to tell you really.

What version of MVP Edit do you have? you should be using 17b.

did the new pic show up in mvp edit?

Sorry, somehow I missed that post.

Yeah I did exactly what you said. It makes sense too. And yes, I have MVP Edit 17b.

The new pic didn't show up in mvp edit, it just showed the old one, and then when i went in the game there was none at all.

Sorry, somehow I missed that post.

Yeah I did exactly what you said. It makes sense too. And yes, I have MVP Edit 17b.

The new pic didn't show up in mvp edit, it just showed the old one, and then when i went in the game there was none at all.

see, the pic shows up for me in MVP Edit. i believe your problem is with mvp edit. maybe you can get rglass to help you with that. are you sure that you saved the image as a .bmp?

i tried using .jpg the first time and it didn't work. make sure you save your pic as a .bmp. I am grasping for straws here. Let me go back and recount my steps and I'll post any changes to the instructions.

Anybody else? I'm trying. I just don't know where his problem is. It seems like a mvp edit problem. again, reinstall 17b, and see if that helps.

I figured out your problem. It's the bit depth of your photos. I edited 1 with transperency and it was 8 bit depth. The one without was 24. It must be 24. So the guy who told you it was a transparency problem was right. That is your answer. End of story?

according to paint shop, .bmp does not support transparency.

It didn't give me the option of setting the bit depth to 24. Just 8 or 16. So I chose 16, and when I changed the photo the new one showed up in MVP edit, but then when I tested it in the game nothing came up again! :-/

So my question is does it have to be 24 bit? Did it not work because I used 16 bit?

It didn't give me the option of setting the bit depth to 24. Just 8 or 16. So I chose 16, and when I changed the photo the new one showed up in MVP edit, but then when I tested it in the game nothing came up again! :-/

So my question is does it have to be 24 bit? Did it not work because I used 16 bit?

did I not just say that it had to be 24?

You said that it can't be 8 bit, and should be 24 bit. You said nothing about 16 bit. I would have chosen 24 bit, but like I said it didn't give me the option of choosing 24 bit, just 8 or 16. :cry:

sorry. it does have to be 24. btw, I found a great alternative to Photoshop. It's called The Gimp. It really works wonders. I just wish rglass could find a way to import .psd through mvpedit.

Okay, does anyone know how to make a photo a 24 bit image in Photoshop?

i did exactly what you are trying to do and it still doesn't work like that. I think we are now at the same point. you can edit it to 24 bit, uit the transparency will not work with mvp edit. if that matters. i am not sure you can use transparency at all with mvp edit. maybe rglass can come up with a way to do it.

Archived