Does anyone know how to fix the lefty glitch?

JKidd

well cause there is no cd crack for the new patch yet.Like many others i hate playing with pc cds and leaving them in my cd drive.Then forgeting to take it out and her it start to boot up over and over again and it is loud as hell.I like to play it late at night without the loud cd spinning :D

I just had to comment here....And dont get me wrong, because I could care less what anybody does when it comes to whether or not they have the cd or not...but that had to be one of the weirdest excuses I have ever heard :)

I play until 6 AM some nights with my entire family sleeping within earshot....and I cant even recall when *I* last noticed the sound of the CD spinning....if ever, much less anyone else!!!!

Mike

look, this goes for mostly every other game, as well as MVP, if you have a full install, you just insert game, once you load MVP and all, you can take it off the drive, only reason it ask for CD is to varify you "do" have the CD, if this doesnt work, then you then pirated a copy :( .... or got it burned eigther one.

look, this goes for mostly every other game, as well as MVP, if you have a full install, you just insert game, once you load MVP and all, you can take it off the drive, only reason it ask for CD is to varify you "do" have the CD, if this doesnt work, then you then pirated a copy :( .... or got it burned eigther one.

MVP checks after each game you play, when it goes to the box scores screen

make a 1:1 cd image with clonecd and mount disc 2 in a virual drive. Problem solved

ummm... or you could just buy the game...

If you are THAT worried about fixing the lefty glitch on the PC and refuse to download the patch because of the CD, you MUST have pirated this game.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Lefty bug or no-cd, what's more important to you? That is, if you have the game...

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Lefty bug or no-cd, what's more important to you? That is, if you have the game...

Come on pfunk880, what do you mean if he has the game? He has the copied freebie game and does not want to spend the money on something he aready got for free. The guy is jonesing for that last fix, problem is...it's not going to happen anytime soon if at all. There is too much heat right now, pay or play with the lefty bug. Maybe it's just me or maybe baseball is in full swing, but sales of MVP PC-CDROM have been rising in the last 2 weeks....hmmm.

Hey Punk,

Where do you get your sales stats from?

Hellblazer

Okay, that's what I originally wrote up above.

I owe you an apology Gridironghost. I was probably drunk at the time and had read through the post quickly. When replying on MVP mod, you cannot just scroll down to reas the thread's history. In this case, I replied to the wrong person using an incorrect abreviation of anothers name.

I was trying to ask you where you got your sales stats from and mistakingly replied with "punk" instead of "pfunk." In any event both references were wrong as you, GridIronGhost were the poster and not pfunk880 or as I mistoke as punk880 or punk (short for punk rocker) for short.

I didn't mean to insult anyone and apologize for any bullshit I might have caused. You must of though WTF when you read it because it appears like a blantant childish insult coming from nowhere.

This was not my intent.

Sorry

bah, this sucks for me coz i paid for the game + have to put up with the lefty coz the patch aint installing... :banghead:

if anyone is good with sorting patch install problems or what-not i got a thread in the mod discussion forum, i thought that wud get fix response... but alas, no answer yet :(

^ about that

i think the whole reason most people get annoyed is that you cant download and patch up like most other games (i managed to do this for the whole hitman series heh)

im getting seriously pissed off though by having the game and not being able to patch... if someone could tell me that i could simply download a version of this game then patch up to remove the lefty bug then i would throw my 2 cd's away and do that... but i dont think that can be done, or else ppl would be doing it :roll:

Hey Punk,

Where do you get your sales stats from?

Hellblazer

Okay, that's what I originally wrote up above.

I owe you an apology Gridironghost. I was probably drunk at the time and had read through the post quickly. When replying on MVP mod, you cannot just scroll down to reas the thread's history. In this case, I replied to the wrong person using an incorrect abreviation of anothers name.

I was trying to ask you where you got your sales stats from and mistakingly replied with "punk" instead of "pfunk." In any event both references were wrong as you, GridIronGhost were the poster and not pfunk880 or as I mistoke as punk880 or punk (short for punk rocker) for short.

I didn't mean to insult anyone and apologize for any bullshit I might have caused. You must of though WTF when you read it because it appears like a blantant childish insult coming from nowhere.

This was not my intent.

Sorry

RobMac, are you using any mods?

im using mods now... but after someone replied to my thread saying having non default rosters affect the patch i then reinstalled and ran the patch again... no luck...

i might just live with it, im using the marlins (no exceptional lefty HR guys) and i notice that barry bonds hit 2 HR's against me in one game (both mistake pitches) i saw barry had crazy attributes in the roster though, i had a quick scan through the teams and bumped up the power for lefty's with 20 HR's to their name or more (thome etc) just a little bit, maybe 5 or 10 each...

anyway, ive lost 2 games in a row with the winning runs coming to home off of lefty homers... and one was against the A's who have no batting at all...

grrrrrrrr :mrgreen:

Archived