For Arcade Player w/RRodkey v7

Knight Owl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think that Knight Owl's cam adjustments are different from that of the game default cameras. What I would like to know is, do the adjustments smooth out the panning of the cams during plays (throwing across the diamond, ect ect.)?

• 2 weeks later...

It really ain't that hard to do guys, I bought the game 3 days ago and completely this task ;)

Only took about 10 minutes

I would have editied the file myself (I have had some experience), but I seriously dun get the lines he posted.

Section <;>Version7Value<;> <;>Version5Value<;> 

0xf8876c73 111<FieldingView1>;11 Ball;;11 Ball Shadow

Well all you have to do is open up the file and search for the section (0xf8876c73). Then replace the value on the left representing Rodkey's 7 value ("11 ball" in this example) with the version 5 value ("11 Ball Shadow"). Do it for all the entries and you got your file.

Here are some instructions by five on how to edit the datafiles for those who don't know ( http://www.mvpmods.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301 )

Section <;>Version7Value<;> <;>Version5Value<;> 

0xf8876c73 111<FieldingView1>;11 Ball;;11 Ball Shadow

Well all you have to do is open up the file and search for the section (0xf8876c73). Then replace the value on the left representing Rodkey's 7 value ("11 ball" in this example) with the version 5 value ("11 Ball Shadow"). Do it for all the entries and you got your file.

Here are some instructions by five on how to edit the datafiles for those who don't know ( http://www.mvpmods.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301 )

But why would changing "Ball" to "Ball Shadow" change anything?

I don't know, but I changed all the values mentioned in the first post and I have default fielding cameras with Rodkeys datafile ...

But I've made lots of other adjustments too so I couldn't send you mine cause mine currently doesn't work ;) But I did successfully do what was written in the first post.

And changing ball 11 to ball shadow 11 doesn't necessarily change much on it's own, but changing all the values listed does the trick.

ball and ball shadow makes the difference because default camera follow the ball's shadow along the ground (the cameras dont point to the skies, you simply see the circle where the ball is set to land)

whereas television cameras (some) or the files in rodkey's version follow the ball in the skies... which dont let you see the fielder

What da @#$@#$! It's the same thing as the datafile I uploaded to MVP Mods. Go check it out ppl. It's call somehting like "Rod 7 with default cams"

Cris, I tried your datafile a few days before I tried Knight Owl's. Your cameras seemed to be the same cameras (or very similar) as Rod 7. You may have uploaded the wrong datafile, as the date modified for Rod 7 and the datafile you uploaded are exactly the same. Both say modified on Monday, May 31, 2004, 6:56:42 PM .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived