Patch Mod Needed : Any Help?

RobMac

Hey up... i got refered here from ea forums with positive recomendations, so here it goes...

Im in the UK, and the game isnt available over here on PC (i dunno how EA can ship madden etc over and not MVP) anyway, my import version arrived today and i go to patch it to remove the lefty bug and the patch doesnt work, it downloads, but stalls halfway through the install claiming that

'file found but its contents differ'

well, i had a problem like this with madden a few years ago and some simple scripting changes solved it for good... but im not very knowledgable with scripting so im hoping somebody can help me (and maybe overs as more brits get this game and cant patch) out

Thanks in advance

Part of the patch is an update to the default roster files. If you have installed new default rosters (Kerm's, TotalMinors, etc.) or have edited the rosters using MVPEdit, then you have modified the default rosters (the .dat files inside the MVP Baseball 2004 data directory. When installing the patch, the error message is saying that it found the default files, however, they differ from the stock default rosters on the MVP CD or from patch 1. Because of this, it aborts the patch installation.

To get around this, first save the customized default rosters you are currently using (copy all of the .dat files someplace). Next, you need to reinstall the default rosters (you can copy them off of the CD) and then install the patch. After the patch is installed, you can reinstall the customized default rosters that you saved.

Good luck and post again if you continue to have problems.

thanks for the reply... but my game just arrived this morning and the patch was the first thing i tried after going through a couple of exhibition games...

i wouldnt be surprised if this was an isolated issue due to the fact the game is on import... the install stops when it reaches the mvp2004.exe file... so im guessing i would need a whole seperate mod or peice of scripting advice... i dunno, heh... but i have default rosters etc all installed

hmmm... well i didnt get a nocd patch, and the game doesnt run without the cd anyway...

and to try and find out if it was warez version i got someone with the original version state-side to emaio me their mvp.exe file and when i paste it in the updater stops installing right at 0% and the game wont even run, it asks for cd2 to be inserted.. and i have my cd2 inserted at the time...

hmmm, thanks for the help so far, im not extremely optimistic, but maybe an answer will appear :)

Archived