My 2005 Boston Red Sox Dynasty

edm

Game mode: All-Star

Datafile: SeriealMikes/Spitoon's combo

Sliders: Custom

Roster: Ultimate Rosters 2.4

Fielding: Manual

Strike zone: off

Well, after missing the playoffs in my first season with the Phils, I've decided to start a new season with the Red Sox.

Why the Red Sox? No particular reason... but instead of playing another 162 with the Phils I wanted to see some different teams and ballparks. And what better ballpark to play my home games in than Fenway Park.

I'm also curious to see what kind of stats I can put up with Schilling. So far he's 3-0 with a 1.90 ERA, 23 k's and 7 bb's in 23 innings :clap:

http://www.efick.com/mvp/

Sox defeat Blue Jays in pitchers duel

BOSTON (AP) -- Matt Clement allowed just two hits in eight innings to lead Boston over the Toronto Blue Jays 2-1 Monday night.

Clement (1-2) was 0-2 in his first two starts. He had allowed 16 runs over 13.1 innings in previous two starts.

But he handcuffed Toronto, allowing only one run, while striking out five and walking three.

"The only change was the location,'' Clement said. "I was ahead in the count a lot of times today. In my previous outings, I was all over the place. When I came up to look for the zone, they hit the ball hard.''

Francona was impressed with Clement's determination to bounce back.

"He knew what he had to do after what happened,'' Francona said. "He pitched a heck of a ballgame. He mixed his pitches real well.''

The Blue Jays put two runners on only once -- when Vernon Wells led off the sixth with a walk and Corey Koskie with a single to right.

Foulke worked a perfect ninth for his sixth save in as many chances.

Wade Miller will go for his third win Tuesday against the Blue Jays.

"Hopefully, Miller will come through tomorrow with a big game,'' Francona said.

Clement outpitched David Bush, who allowed just two runs and six hits in seven innings. The left-hander struck out five and walked one.

"I felt like I had all my pitches,'' Bush said. "I made a good pitches. I went away, away, away.

"He just out pitched me, that's all.''

Notes:

Shoppach went 0-3 with an RBI in his first start of the season ... Shoppach is up with the big club while Jason Varitek recovers from an arm injury. ... The Red Sox go to 9-4 on the season. ... Manny Ramirez went 1-3 and scored a run. ... Ramirez is sixth in AL batting, hitting .396.

Red Sox Devil Rays Preview

David Wells will try to keep Boston atop the tightly packed AL East as the Red Sox begin a three-game series with the third-place Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Boston lost two in a row to Baltimore, falling to just two-game games up on the Orioles after Thursday's 6-3 loss.

Wells has been consistent early on this season, going 1-1 with a team leading 1.89 ERA in 3 starts. The 41-year-old left-hander was brilliant in his last start, shutting out Tampa Bay on two hits in seven innings, for the no decision.

Behind Wells, Red Sox Take game from D-Rays

The Boston Red Sox needed a good start, and David Wells delivered.

After getting hit hard early on, giving up two runs in the second inning, the left-hander settled down, and the slumping Red Sox beat the Tampa Devil Rays 3-2 Friday.

Doug Mirabelli and Bill Mueller homered for the Red Sox, who won, breaking a two game skid.

Wells (2-1) allowed two runs and four hits in 7 2-3 innings. He struck out seven.

"He had a gem going. That's what we needed,'' Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "He had real good command of his breaking ball and his fastball.''

Tampa's Carl Crawford doubled in the second, but Wells retired the next 14 batters before B.J. Upton singled to center leading off the seventh.

Mike Timlin and Keith Foulke combined to get the final four outs. Foulke earned his 7th save in as many chances.

Mueller gave the Red Sox a 3-2 lead with a homer to left-center field off starter Scott Kazmir (2-2) in the sixth inning. It was his 1st home run of the season.

Kazmir, who had won his previous start, allowed three runs and seven hits in 7 innings. Kazmir walked two and struck out one.

"The last two games were the best of the year for me,'' Kazmir said. "I wanted it to continue and I kept my team in the game, but it wasn't enough.''

The Associated Press

Web site

Archived