Q&A: Trusted Member Status

mooseknucks

I've decided, since everyone seems to be or want to be a trusted member, this is were you should read.

Q: Why can't I access the Left Field or MLB forums?!

A: Chances are if you haven't been manually added, you're a.)a new member who hasn't earned his/her keep, b.) a borderline trouble maker, c.)a spammer, d.) you just haven't been added yet. You need to contribute something, anything, to this site before you're a trusted member. It's not that hard but just remember, first impressions aren't always the last impressions.

Q: What does it take to be a trusted member exactly?

A: You can do any number of things to get this status. You could be a helpful poster on the boards, proving your worth by helping a newbie instead of harassing them like so many of you do. :lol: You could do a couple of mods that people may or may not enjoy. But if they don't enjoy, don't tell them to screw off. Show some self restraint. You could learn a program like MVP Studio, MVPEdit, OEdit, any number of programs, and slop aroung the MVP 2005 forms and be of assistance. You could propose ideas to Trues periodically that you may think could help. Especially when he's looking into something. Just prove that you're a trusted member.

Q: Why is so and so a trusted member and I'm not?!

A: This one comes up quite a bit. The answer is simple; if you haven't noticed that so and so has done something, than you obviously don't pay attention, or he hasn't contributed publically. The more you do something like this, the less of a chance you'll be a trusted member. Pointing fingers anywere in life gets you nowere and that theory has been adopted on this site.

Q: I contributed money. Why aren't I a damn trusted member?!

A: You can contribute a million dollars, it's your not easy pass into trusted membership. You contribution will be appreciated but if you're still inconsiderate, rude, and out of hand, it doesn't matter if you donated 10 dimes or 10 dollars, you won't have a chance at being a trusted member.

Q: I've been good for a week, I'm not a trusted member! Why?

A: It takes more than a week. It all depends if you're constructive in the right places. It's always good to be constructive every were, and than if you're not a trusted member and you feel you should be, cite examples in a PM to a site moderator. We're around quite regularly, so we might even see it first. But the point is, you could come to the site with nothing but positivity and be a trusted member that day, who knows? But normally, it takes time, particularly, more than a week.

That's all I could really think of right now, I will post more periodically in this thread as I think of them, but these are the one's I've noticed the most. The biggest thing to never do, as much as it can be avoided, is never disrespect a moderator or site admin. It gets you nowere fast.

Trusted Member "Rules":

1.  Don't spam.

2.  Don't fight for the sake of fighting.

3.  Don't troll members or moderators.

4.  Don't harass new or trusted members.

5.  Don't post in  the wrong place.

6.  Listen to moderators and site admins.

7.  Play by the rules.

8.  "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house."

9.  Make mostly contributive posts.

10. Don't be a moderator when you're not.

Decided to add some rules. Follow these and things should run smoothly.

Thanks and I hope this clears some things up.

SYSTEM

I feel really special now. :lol:

I know an admin that really hates my guts... What if she/he really starts it with me? :doh:

(Obvious answer: take it like a man, admins/mods are awesome.)

I'm sure he/she has a reason. Just follow those rules and you should be good.

Archived