Which file dictates topspin?

RobMac

the patch fixes the lefty bug... but how... surely in order to do that it must change some files... is the main culprit the datafile?

ive practically given up on getting my game patched properly which sucks but i know the datafile basically controls everything that happens in the game... if the lefty bug is the result of lefthanders applying too much topspin to the ball maybe all the patch does is change some lines of the datafile? ones that i could also change?

I declare stupidity when it comes to these files, but if what i think is right (big IF :)) then maybe someone could tell me which line in the datafile affects lefty topspin when hitting

the patch fixes the lefty bug... but how... surely in order to do that it must change some files... is the main culprit the datafile?

ive practically given up on getting my game patched properly which sucks but i know the datafile basically controls everything that happens in the game... if the lefty bug is the result of lefthanders applying too much topspin to the ball maybe all the patch does is change some lines of the datafile? ones that i could also change?

I declare stupidity when it comes to these files, but if what i think is right (big IF :)) then maybe someone could tell me which line in the datafile affects lefty topspin when hitting

reinstall the default game and then install the patch.

a) i did the reinstall and patch, didnt work

B) this is a different question, no1 could answer my other one so i am asking about the datafile and i remember someone saying there is a topspin value in it... and im asking for more information on that...

geez

edit: geez wasnt aimed at the first guy... thanks for your reply, but its already been mentioned and didnt work :(

The patch did nothing with the datafile. The lefty bug fix is contained in the .exe.

Search around a little, you will see that this question has been answered quite a few times. ;)

aha success ;)

thanks for the head's up... a few searches in the forums and now im all set :mrgreen:

that would be the normal thing to do... but i got a friend to get the game for em and ship the thing over to the UK... so it would take forever to get it replaced, and might not even work 2nd time...

this probably stems from EA not bothering to release the game over here... its like almost 2 months after US release, so i dont think its coming out, madden took just 2 weeks

that would be the normal thing to do... but i got a friend to get the game for em and ship the thing over to the UK... so it would take forever to get it replaced, and might not even work 2nd time...

this probably stems from EA not bothering to release the game over here... its like almost 2 months after US release, so i dont think its coming out, madden took just 2 weeks

it's time to cross the sea :!:

Archived