crash/freeze issue

citizenfish

so i have an interesting phenomenon going on here. i have been playing mvp 2005 on my computer since the day it came out. i love this game. but it all of a sudden stopped working. i have had issues with rosters before, so i put back all of the original files that were installed with the cd and the patches, and tried again. alas, the game would either freeze or crash to the desktop. if it freezes, you have to manually reboot (ctl alt dlt doesnt do anything).

so i deleted everything mvp related on my computer and reinstalled in on a different partition. still crashes. did it again, with both the 2nd and 3rd patch and no rosters, still crashes. any ideas? i am befuddled. it worked fine 2 months ago. the cd doesnt seem scratched up at all. i am at my wits end.

I noticed my game started crashing around the same time as I got my new computer desk. I thought there was no way there could be a correlation, until I realized the part of the desk that houses the PC doesn't have proper ventilation. Even though I had no issues with any other game or program, I moved the PC back out from the compartment, where it would stay cooler. Now I only get crashes once every 25 games or so. No clue if it is a coincidence or not, but it does kind of lean towards an overheating issue.

• 2 months later...

Archived