controller.cfg for XBOX controllers (for MVP on the PC)

krawhitham

• 2 months later...

no controller works in the menu

this will get you want you need

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2642

as for sliding it works for me, but I'm about to post info on new xbox 360 drivers for the game (rumble works) I need to make the screen shots on how to install them

Thanks, I look forward to seeing that. I bought the PC version simply because you posted we could use the XBOX360 controller.

So far, the game seems "eh". Total Classics is great and so are the graphics, but playing the game isn't as smooth and there is a stuttering problem that is frustrating.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing that. I bought the PC version simply because you posted we could use the XBOX360 controller.

So far, the game seems "eh". Total Classics is great and so are the graphics, but playing the game isn't as smooth and there is a stuttering problem that is frustrating.

You need the patches from EA

This seems to be working pretty darn good. Like I said, I'd like to have the menus be controlled by the controller, as it's getting annoying having to use the mouse for the replay and in-game menus.

Thank you for this Kraw. Now we just need a new overlay that resembles that of the button options on the XBOX.

This seems to be working pretty darn good. Like I said, I'd like to have the menus be controlled by the controller, as it's getting annoying having to use the mouse for the replay and in-game menus.

Thank you for this Kraw. Now we just need a new overlay that resembles that of the button options on the XBOX.

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2642

will allow you to control your mouse using the controller durning the game

Thanks for the walk-thru Krawhitham. I am however still having problems. I did everything as you said but i can't figure out where to put the downloaded mvp .cfg file. Is there a specific folder within MVP where this goes or do i just put it in the mvp folder? As it stands now I can't use the controller to do pickoffs as button 5 gives no response. The pitches do not correspond to the proper buttons and everytime I try to move a fielder to get the ball I push down on the analog button too hard and the game pauses. How can i fix this?

Thanks for the walk-thru Krawhitham. I am however still having problems. I did everything as you said but i can't figure out where to put the downloaded mvp .cfg file. Is there a specific folder within MVP where this goes or do i just put it in the mvp folder? As it stands now I can't use the controller to do pickoffs as button 5 gives no response. The pitches do not correspond to the proper buttons and everytime I try to move a fielder to get the ball I push down on the analog button too hard and the game pauses. How can i fix this?

controller.cfg?

if so mine is in

c:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEMy DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005controller.cfg

• 4 weeks later...

Can this configuration be used with the cheaper version of the 360 controller (the one for the 360)?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1126591945634

What's the difference--if any--in the 360 controller and the 360 controller for Windows?

I hope you can use the cheaper one because: IT'S CHEAPER and I have credit at a video game store but they don't have the Windows version of the 360 controller.

one question: how do I configure the controller so that it is exactly like on the xbox version?

this is a question i have also. i imagine i'll just half to mess around with the controller_cfg code to fix this. with the current config i half to use the LB button to throw to 2nd and the left thumb stick click pauses the game while i'm fielding and press to hard.

other than these issues this is awsome thanks for the info.

I think this is updated a little

profile= XBCD_XBox_Gamepad

device= XBCD_XBox_Gamepad

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 12

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 10

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 9

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CIRCLE= button 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= button 11

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= button 12

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= button 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis- 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 5

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= button 8

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= button 7

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 7

VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 8

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= button 12

VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 2

VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4

VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 3

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 11

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 12

Hey krawhitham, I have a couple of newbie questions. This is the first PC game I am attempting to play.

I just bought and installed MVP 05. The first thing I did after installing it is to try and set up my 360 controller. I followed all of your steps, but when it comes to the controller.cgf file I am a bit perplexed. You mentioned that yours is inside your My Documents/MVP 05 folder. When I go to my documents then the MVP folder, it is totally empty, is this normal for just installing it? What I mean, is it supposed to be empty right after install?

What I did was just cut and paste the .cfg file and put it in my MVP Folder within My Documents.

I played a game real fast to see if the controller worked and it seems to, but I can't control any of the menus with it.

I downloaded that file you posted on page one to make it so you can access the menus with the controller, however, I have very limited knowledge in this field (at least for now) and have no clue how to set it up to work. I tried reading his readme file, but I had a hard time understanding it. Could you PM me a step by step guide on how to set it up?