PORTRAIT HELP

Kriegz

I am in the middle of making a portrait update for seattle but i have a few problems

1. I can't find portraits for many minor leaugers

2. I need tips on how to make transparency in photoshop because the magic wand tool i use right now leaves a white border arount the portraits and it looks terrable

I could use some tips, Please

Never mind about the minor leaugers, Getty Images works for that but i still need help about that transparency thing

I use magic wand tool, and it works great most of the time. I've seen what you called the "white border", but most of the time, they look fine to me.

The Quick Mask works better for me, because you have more control than the Magic Wand, and don't need quite the steady hand necessary with the lasso. However, there are better methods, if you have a little more patience. Photoshop has some good tutorials. And krawhitham posted this link in another thread, that runs through 5 of these methods:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/extra/blrbps_2fwks.htm

after you use the wand,

zoom up on the picture (alot)

make a 2nd layer and make it all black

use the eraser but set the opacity to 70 or so. Hold the mouse button down and slowly go over the edges of the portrait.

now change the black layer to white and maybe go over the edges again with the eraser.

Switching from two colors will help you see if you missed any of the edges

how2.jpg

how.jpg

The Quick Mask works better for me, because you have more control than the Magic Wand, and don't need quite the steady hand necessary with the lasso. However, there are better methods, if you have a little more patience. Photoshop has some good tutorials. And krawhitham posted this link in another thread, that runs through 5 of these methods:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/extra/blrbps_2fwks.htm

I was checking out the quick mask method. Isn't it just liike "paiting around the image"? Wouldn't that take a bit of time? I've to admit it is a very good lesson that was taught, but wand would be much faster when I have a gray background.

Right, sorry, I should have clarified that I use the wand first. Then, I use the quick mask for touch-ups, and it's not as much the harsh aliased edge, and you can also fix up the wand's selection a bit better manually that way.

And right, if it's a plain grey background, the quick mask might not do much extra.

i feel really stupid about this, im really bad at photoshop but i can't get the layer black

Click on new layer in the layers' palette. Drag it down to the bottom of the layers' list. Use the Paint bucket tool to fill in any color you want.

For created photos that arn't on Tony3's ID list, is there any specific , like section for each team. I've seen this somewhere on a thread before but i can't seem to find it

YES, make sure you follow these:

Angels: 6000-6099

A's: 6100-6199

Mariners: 6200-6299

Rangers: 6300-6399

White Sox: 6400-6499

Indians: 6500-6599

Tigers: 6600-6699

Royals: 6700-6799

Twins: 6800-6899

Orioles: 6900-6999

Red Sox: 7000-7099

Yankees: 7100-7199

Devil Rays: 7200-7299

Blue Jays: 7300-7399

Diamondbacks: 7400-7499

Rockies: 7500-7599

Dodgers: 7600-7699

Padres: 7700-7799

Giants: 7800-7899

Cubs: 7900-7999

Reds: 8000-8099

Astros: 8100-8199

Brewers: 8200-8299

Pirates: 8300-8399

Cardinals: 8400-8499

Braves: 8500-8599

Marlins: 8600-8699

Expos: 8700-8799

Mets: 8800-8899

Phillies: 8900-8999

Out of curiousity, i decided to learn how to edit/create a couple photo updates for myself. i have copied many lists of instructions and after going through them, i realize there are a couple of ways of going about the process. anyways, i am stuck on a specific step of the process i chose, and was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem. I use adobe elements and have no problem with making a transparent background; my problem exists in the fshEd program. i installed the plug in, but when i attempt to open the picture i extracted to my desktop from EAGE, another players photo appears, not the one i am currently working on. instead of 1541.fsh appearing, 0399.fsh appears, although i haven't touched that picture in EAGE. Therefore i am unable to update the photo because i do not want to update the wrong image. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Out of curiousity, i decided to learn how to edit/create a couple photo updates for myself. i have copied many lists of instructions and after going through them, i realize there are a couple of ways of going about the process. anyways, i am stuck on a specific step of the process i chose, and was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem. I use adobe elements and have no problem with making a transparent background; my problem exists in the fshEd program. i installed the plug in, but when i attempt to open the picture i extracted to my desktop from EAGE, another players photo appears, not the one i am currently working on. instead of 1541.fsh appearing, 0399.fsh appears, although i haven't touched that picture in EAGE. Therefore i am unable to update the photo because i do not want to update the wrong image. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Okay, let's say you're editing 1541.fsh. In EAGE, make sure you extract 1541.FSH , NOT the picture 1541. They are different and if you extract 1541, it will extract a totally different pic.

I'm about to upload but i have no idea how to make the screenshot :banghead:

If you only need one screenshot, you can go into the game, find the screen you want, and press Ctrl + Print Screen.

If you require multiple screenies, you'll need a program like Fraps.

I go to upload my update and i have it in a rar format and i have a readme and i have a screenshot and i select my rar file under the browse and i hit submit but then it sits there. It's been an hour already I swear. :banghead: Is it supposed to do that or am i doing somthing wrong does it have something to do with th # of boxes needed?????

:banghead:

I'm sorry, i'm new at this

I go to upload my update and i have it in a rar format and i have a readme and i have a screenshot and i select my rar file under the browse and i hit submit but then it sits there. It's been an hour already I swear. :banghead: Is it supposed to do that or am i doing somthing wrong does it have something to do with th # of boxes needed?????

:banghead:

I'm sorry, i'm new at this

The first box asks you for how many files you wanna upload: type 1 then submit. The next sccreen asks you to browse for your file and upload it. Click submit . Depending on your internet speed, upload speed can vary. I'm using ADSL and it takes 'bout 30 seconds - 1 minute to upload a 2mb file.

Here are the guys that will be updated once it loads

SEATTLE MARINERS

2022- Aaron Taylor

0040- Rich Aurilia

0096- Bret Boone

0206- Ben Davis

1553- Willie Bloomquist

0960- Dan Wilson

0538- Edgar Martinez

1198- Ryan Franklin

0296- Freddy Garcia

0338- Eddie Guardado