If I apply various mods, how does this affect IP2IP play?

Gordo

I don't believe it should be a problem if you connect to him, however the cyberfaces may be an issue if he connects to you because it may be that because his game is reading your rosters. (which have in them your cyberface numbers) However I am not positive of this because when I play, I always make sure to have matching models.big files with the person I play.

Btw... as a solution for this if you wanted him to connect to you, simply download his rosters & install them temporarily (back up your own rosters so you can then replace them back after the game finishes) You will not see the cyberfaces you installed during the game, but you will not crash either.

Btw... stadiums & portraits & ball should not matter no matter who connects to whom since those files are not sync'd anyway during the game. (neither is the models.big which contain the cyberfaces & uniforms, but the rosters are sync'd & the cyberface numbers are in the rosters.

Even though the portrait numbers are in the rosters, the game does not crash if there is no portrait in that number. Rather the game will simply display a black box instead of the portrait. So that is why the portraits you have installed should not be an issue.)

Thx for the quick reply schmooz......

So does this apply for all of the information? If I'm hosting, he's using rosters, stadiums, etc.? Cause I remember it was either '03 or '04 or both, it seemed we desynced if our rosters weren't identical.

So does this apply for all of the information? If I'm hosting, he's using rosters, stadiums, etc.? Cause I remember it was either '03 or '04 or both, it seemed we desynced if our rosters weren't identical.

Rosters not matching may actually be an issue now that I am thinking of it. I think the game may freeze one person & a message pops up to the other person saying the game was terminated because the other person was unfair. (or something to that effect) Unless the host has a .sav file, in which case both of you can say "yes" to using saved rosters when that option pops up as you connect. Then you don't even have to exchange rosters since the game does this for you as you connect. But make sure he hosts. Otherwise your .sav file may crash his game, since you have cyberface numbers assigned to players for whom he has no cyberface.

I think what comes up is a screen asking if you want to load custom rosters. Maybe what that means is if you don't then you are set to use the host's rosters......dunno.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to. If the host has a saved roster (in .sav format) it will load this roster if you say "yes".

My advice if you do not share rosters (& if you do share rosters, he will need to have the cyberfaces you have) is to use that option, but make sure that he hosts, because if you're hosting, you will have the cyberface problem I mentioned above.

Archived