cyberface help

tigerbomb13

Okay, I'm new to this but I was able so install some cyberfaces successfully using MVPedit and EA Graphics Editor. On some faces however, the player's faces will show up on the side of their head and the ear will show up where the face should be...etc. It's kinda freaky to look at. ha. Anybody else done this, or know what I could be doing wrong?

There are two types of cyberfaces: the ones for MVP 2005 show the full head of the player, whereas the 2004 faces only show half the face. There's an option in mvpedit that has to be checked if the face is 2004.

I selected "yes" for 04 face in MVPedit, and it's still doing the same thing. Verlander's ear is still showing up where his nose should be, and his eyes are on the side of his head, etc. The faces that are the full, 05 faces work fine though. Hmmm...anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong still?

You better get him to the hospital quickly, something is very wrong...

Seriously though... I am not sure if this will help, but if you have not already done so, try setting your player detail on "high" in your video options. If this doesn't help I am currently at a loss.

I hope this helps.

You better get him to the hospital quickly, something is very wrong...

Seriously though... I am not sure if this will help, but if you have not already done so, try setting your player detail on "high" in your video options. If this doesn't help I am currently at a loss.

I hope this helps.

Unfortunately I tried that and it now crashes the game to the desktop whenever I play a game or if I try to edit that player within the game. Ah oh well, I'll live with the '05 faces.

Unfortunately I tried that and it now crashes the game to the desktop whenever I play a game or if I try to edit that player within the game. Ah oh well, I'll live with the '05 faces.

That means your cyberface file is probably not compressed.

Go here & follow the instruction of the very first post & your cyberface should work fine afterward.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=12345.html

That means your cyberface file is probably not compressed.

Go here & follow the instruction of the very first post & your cyberface should work fine afterward.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=12345.html

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same result after trying this. Probably doesnt make a difference, but I took a couple screen shots to show what it looks like. I'm really surprised no one has really heard of this problem before!

ver2.jpg

ver1.jpg

perhaps you are using a 04 style cyberface on 2005 Style head shapes or Vice versa. What size is your cyberface texture and what head shape model are you using?

It's an 04 cyberface and I made sure I designated it that in MVPedit. I'm not sure what the texture or headshape model are, but I downloaded the cyberface here http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2508.html

Download the attached file & install it using eagraph.exe. Make sure in MVPEdit that you save Verlander's cyberface number as 601 & say yes to mvp 04 face. Then export the .mbe file to your database folder.

Also make sure that your models.big file is not corrupted. To check if it is... look with biggui at the file & see if any cyberface files (.fsh .ord. .orl) are decompressed. If they are, you need to replace your models.big or manually reinsert all the corrupted files. (compressing them back will not help)

Also... always make sure to keep your models.big in read only mode when not inserting anything into the file. Ths will protect it from becoming corrupted.

I also think there's a problem with your models.big if everything else works like normal (giving other players faces ok and using 04 and 05 okay). I once had to delete a face slot and re-intall all cyberface files for that erased slot because there was something wrong with the models.big itself

Archived