Baserunning

abritbravesfan

OK; as noone seems to know how to get the settings for the puter to control the baserunning and me just do the hitting and pitching, I'm trying to figure out the abserunning. couple of probs tho;

1) runner on 1st, I'm batting; I hit the button for the runner on 1st and the d-pad to advance him to 2nd...nothing happens...won't steal worth a damm; instead, all that happens is my hitter attempts a worthless sac bunt.

2) batter hits an obvious double yet ALWAYS slides belly first into 1st base, so I cannot advance him to second with the d-pad !

3) runners on 1st and second; batter at the box; hit the button to control the runner at 2nd then the d-pad to advance him for a 3rd base steal; he just stands there!

It appears the ONLY way I can get ANY runners to advance is if there is a runner on 1st and I hit a single (EVERY double ALWAYS ends up a single due to the batter's belly flop inot first), or SOMETIMES, the "advance all" button lets the runner "CASUALLY" stroll onto the next base!

This is SO messed up! I LOVED it when on my previous pc, the puter controlled the running, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to do that anymore; in the controller configuration in the game, I delete ALL the settings for base running to show N/A (which is what they were in the previous pc - yes, I know, no stealing but I can live with that), yet the runners don't advance, and that frustrating hitter belly flopping into 1st base....................

EDITED by MarkB.

abritbravesfan, please don't use all uppercase in the thread titles. I've edited it this time, don't do it again.

EDIT - Actually, I've locked all your threads on this issue. Try reading the rules before posting. You've been here for 2 days and you're on a short leash already. Not a great start.

Archived