The Guide to True Face Portraits

Cris987

alright, after getting past my last prob by experimenting i have a new one...

at the very end, i created a new 128 x 128 grayscale

my problem is copying the layer 2 onto it...

lmk what my problem is... thanks

Just select all for layer 2 (ctrl - a) and paste it onto your 128 x 128 grayscale image. Save it as 8 bit .bmp, that's your alpha.

Just select all for layer 2 (ctrl - a) and paste it onto your 128 x 128 grayscale image. Save it as 8 bit .bmp, that's your alpha.

thats where my problem is, i cant seem to paste it on...

when i right click after select all, i dont get a copy option

the closest thing i get is layer via copy

lmk

bear with me though, as im relatively new to photoshop

thats where my problem is, i cant seem to paste it on...

when i right click after select all, i dont get a copy option

the closest thing i get is layer via copy

lmk

bear with me though, as im relatively new to photoshop

1. Select layer 2 (should have black border sort of thing)

2. Inside the image, select all (try CTRL+A) ,copy (CTRL+C) , and paste it to a new grayscale 128x128 image.

Cris, the whole guide works very well and I understand it all but when you get to mvp edit and click on the picture you want to update, I click on new picture and then i get something that says runtime error every single time i try to do this. :banghead:

Any Ideas?

P.S. when you successfuly update the photo in mvp edit does it also update the .fsh file in the portraits.big file or do you have to do that seperate?

plus

The portrait photos need REDUCED by 82% vertically and NONE horizontally.

starting with a image 99x118 and making it 128x128 you LOSE quality

mvp2004%201600x1200-2.jpg

Portrait is 227x277 at 1600x1200

mvp2004%201280x1024-2.jpg

182x236 at 1280x1024

mvp2004%201024x768-2.jpg

146x178 at 1024x768

mvp2004%20800x600-2.jpg

114x139 at 800x640

mvp2004%20640x480-2.jpg

91x111 at 640x640

Now if you do all the math in order to get the best quality portrait you have to take an image that is 128x154-156 and resize it to 128x128 with Constrain Proportions UNCHECKED

pshop-1.jpg

I find it easiest to start with your image. Remove the background and then reduce the size of the image by 82% for Height

pshop-2.jpg

make sure you finished all the tweaks you want and CROP and or use the Canvas Size tool to make your image 128x128

If you need to reduce the over all image size to make it fit into 128x128 use image size but now make sure Constrain Proportions is CHECKED

This way seems easyer if he answers my"P.S." question but I got it to work and there are no gray borders... :p JACKPOT :p

Thanx Cris

Yes, after you're done in MVP Edit, it will update your portrait.big. So after you've done the whole set, you'd export them using EA Graph or BigGUI,etc.

The reason I don't save them as .psd and use fshed is becuz it wil leave a gray border around the portrait.

Yes, after you're done in MVP Edit, it will update your portrait.big. So after you've done the whole set, you'd export them using EA Graph or BigGUI,etc.

The reason I don't save them as .psd and use fshed is becuz it wil leave a gray border around the portrait.

Have you done all your mods this way or just arizona?

Arizona is the only set I do not notice a "glow" around the players

Archived