Four Questions About TC4 Installation and Play

chuckm1961

I can't wait to get this going ... I have to download and then transfer files to my son's computer, because mine is too weak for the game.

1) Is TC4 all-inclusive like TC3 was? IOW, will TC4 give me TC1-2-3 also?

2) Can you play seasons with TC rosters? Dynasty or franchise or both?

3) Do I need MVP Edit installed on the computer?

4) I know an extraction program is needed. What's the best one and where might I find it?

Thanks so much!

I can't wait to get this going ... I have to download and then transfer files to my son's computer, because mine is too weak for the game.

4) I know an extraction program is needed. What's the best one and where might I find it?

Thanks so much!

Hi Chuck,

Here are some answers to your questions.

Yes it is. When you download TC4, you get everything! :D

I'm an exhibition game guy myself, but I know that others have played seasons using the TC rosters. You just have to remember that the teams are not ordered in any particular manner. In other words, if you use a team in the major leagues as your dynasty team (e.g. the '77 Yankees) the teams on the minor league slots underneath it will not be others of the same teams (in your case, you would not find other Yankees teams in the minor league slots). If you expect that you can call up players, you will end up calling up players from other classic teams. Hopefully this makes sense.

You only need MVPEdit installed if you want to make changes to the rosters, add new portraits or new faces. It is not required to play TC4.

When you download TC4, it is in .RAR format. I use WinRAR to extract .RAR files (although it will also extract other types of files as well). You can get a free trial version of WinRaR at the following website: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

The trial version never expires, so you never need to purchase the commercial version if you don't want to. The only thing you'll see is a popup window everytime you startup WinRaR, however, I can live with this.

Have fun with TC and let us know if you have any other questions

Archived