(pc) What to do with stars currently in FA?

luckym

(pc) What to do with stars currently in FA?

I just got MVP 2005 for the PC.... I have updated the rosters as currently as possible (will have them up for download for anyone who wants them, soon) and of course, there are quite a few players still left in FA that are GREAT players (P Clemens, DH/C Piazza, etc... list goes on) since they are yet to sign in real life.

MY question is: What should I do with these players before starting my Owner's Mode? Should I use "rumors" to place them where they are likely to go (Clemens to Texas or Houston? or Piazza to an American league team? for example) or just leave them there and if I choose to sign one or two I can?

What would you all do?

Also, how many of you have created yourself in the game and placed yourself on a minor league team? If so, did you find this to ADD to the experience; did it help you stay interested longer?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just play and enjoy the game. I'm having the same thoughts about this as you are but the best tip I can give you is to just play and enjoy the game. Putting way to much thought into the FA-pool before starting a Dynasty/Owner Mode can really destroy the fun - believe me.

Let them sign wherever they want. At the end of my 2006 Jays dynasty Roger Clemens (who is still pitching) signed a 1yr/$8.8 million deal with Boston. I was so suprised. I tried to sign him, but signed with Boston instead. Now I have to face him. Man I can't wait to see a Halladay vs. Clemens matchup.

Archived