A dumb question but then again, maybe not.

tks

O.K....here goes.

For quite sometime I have been trying to get TC3 and now TC4 to play without crashing....No matter what I tried, it crashes when I go to play a game.

After trying everything, I am left with one thought which may or may not make sense....The Mod will not recognize my operating system!

I still use Win98, which has no problem recognizing MVP 2005. I have had no problem playing '05 from the time it first came on the market....but cannot get either TC3 or 4 to play.

This may be a dumb question but.......Is it possible for me to work around TC4's executable so I can get it to perform?.... or.... is it possible to create an executable for TC4 which accepts Win98 as the operating system?

I play with Win98 SE and have no crashing issues.

Crashing is usually due to an incomplete installation, program searching for custom cyberfaces that are not on your system, or using a modded ballpark that causes a memory crash (due to increased size of graphics). But it is not your Operating System.

How much RAM is in your system and what video card do you have?

C

My advice would be, to PM the person who made the TC4 mod & ask him this. (though I do not think he modded the .exe file of the actual game)

None of the TC mods changed anything other than data files (i.e. the .exe file was not modified at all).

I play with Win98 SE and have no crashing issues.

Crashing is usually due to an incomplete installation, program searching for custom cyberfaces that are not on your system, or using a modded ballpark that causes a memory crash (due to increased size of graphics). But it is not your Operating System.

How much RAM is in your system and what video card do you have?

C

Thanks everyone for the replies and capa, that's good to know, I think. :wink:

So now I know that Win98 SE is not the problem, which is good... but it gets me back to ground zero, which is bad.

To answer your questions...

...RAM is 512mb

...Card is Radeon 9600 w/ graphic acceleration.

...I let Windows handle virtual memory which is listed at 1.52gb.

...80 gb hard drive

Now..In the last 4 weeks, I have installed MVP2k5 many times and the only addition I made to the basic installation is the patch which was offered by EA. After that, I installed TC4 and each time was able to view all the teams and lineups and select teams to play an exhibition....But the game crashes everytime when the screen changes to go to the ballpark.

I have not installed any ballparks or cyberfaces and that is why I am so frustrated....I have exhausted every possibility I could think of.

Maybe I just need to unistall and install once more without adding the patch...Certainly don't know what else could be causing the problem.

Do you have enough system resources available when you start the game? In Win98, check System ---> Performance tab....you want at least 90% available here for best results. If you have other things loaded (Virus scanner, Pop Up blocker, Spyware, etc..) it will lower the resources significantly...

C

Do you have enough system resources available when you start the game? In Win98, check System ---> Performance tab....you want at least 90% available here for best results. If you have other things loaded (Virus scanner, Pop Up blocker, Spyware, etc..) it will lower the resources significantly...

C

In the words of Yoda..."A pain I am"!

But....deactivated Norton Anti-Virus....activated "End It All"...Re-booted and checked Performance.

Maximum Performance I get is 87%... the game still crashes and if I try it again I get the famous "Need DirectX9 and graphic accelerator", so I have to re-boot.

My final request.... I assume I can go into Performance and manually handle Virtual Memory rather than allowing Windows to handle it....However, I am one big chicken when it comes to messing around with systems and performance.

Need some guidance on what the min/max setting should be in order to try and get to the 90% range...and....more important...can I really screw things up if I don't do it correctly?

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Archived