#11, the legend.......

NYM

Mark Messier said an official goodbye to his playing days on Wednesday afternoon with the same humility, selflessness, and gratitude toward fans that defined his 25 NHL seasons and made him a hero to so many people.

This guy was the greatest Ranger ever to play the game. He wore number 11 in tribute to his dad and led the Rangers to the Stanley in 1994. They retired his number just moments ago while he stood with other former Rangers including Mike Richter.

True Blue.

Mark Messier said an official goodbye to his playing days on Wednesday afternoon with the same humility, selflessness, and gratitude toward fans that defined his 25 NHL seasons and made him a hero to so many people.

This guy was the greatest Ranger ever to play the game. He wore number 11 in tribute to his dad and led the Rangers to the Stanley in 1994. They retired his number just moments ago while he stood with other former Rangers including Mike Richter.

True Blue.

How great was that story about Darren Langdon?

For those who missed it, the first time Darren Langdon was called up from the minors he met up with the team on the road. Well since there was no time, he basically showed up in what Mike Richter described as "Nothing more than overalls along with a toothbrush." Well of course everyone on the team gave him a hard time busting his ba::s. Messier didn't say anything but let the guys have their fun with the rookie.

The next day when Langdon showed up to the rink for the game, hanging in his locker was a new suit in his size. Messier had taken care of getting it for him.

Great story...really a good illustration of both what life might be like on the road and the little things that go on during a season that makes a team come together.

How great was that story about Darren Langdon?

For those who missed it, the first time Darren Langdon was called up from the minors he met up with the team on the road. Well since there was no time, he basically showed up in what Mike Richter described as "Nothing more than overalls along with a toothbrush." Well of course everyone on the team gave him a hard time busting his ba::s. Messier didn't say anything but let the guys have their fun with the rookie.

The next day when Langdon showed up to the rink for the game, hanging in his locker was a new suit in his size. Messier had taken care of getting it for him.

Great story...really a good illustration of both what life might be like on the road and the little things that go on during a season that makes a team come together.

Yea, Messier was a great guy. I like the one when the Ranger jersey fell on the floor and he jumped up, ran over, and picked the jersey up and hung it back up.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!

1st) you guys ALL remember Mess for his NYR days but his true great yeears were with the EDMONTON OILERS how i hatebut still and what about the DISMAL VANCOUVER years

2nd) Mess was a great leader, but did you know he was born in small town Alberta,

3rd) He was after #99 the 2nd greastest canadian player of his ERA but always a team 1st guy and has been a GREAT infliuence to many young canadians (ex. Sidney Crosby)

bottom line if the NHL league wide were to retire another number it might just be after #4, the good ol' MOOSE

freid, can I ask something? how on earth did you do that background? ya see, mine are always chincy, like this one.

bucks3nw.gif

It's a grunge background that I made using some grunge brushes that I found on deviantart. I make all of my background. This is how I do them:

-I fill my background layer with black

-I then make the brush color white, and brush that layer with the brushes I want

-I then go to image-adjustments-hue/saturation, and then choose a color for my background.

Thanks for hijacking my thread. lol.

cloutier_39

stop busting on Messier because him and the 94 Rangers raped your team in the Finals. Still cant believe they stopped the clock with 0.1 seconds.

True Blue!

Archived