Wrigley Field and Sammy Sosa

fush12

Someone needs to update Wrigley Field again...Need to update the new seats behind homeplate....and also...i dont know if there is neway to do animation but it would be awesome if someone could get Sammy Sosas HOP in the game...like after he hits a homerun...that would be absolutely awesome

Someone needs to update Wrigley Field again...Need to update the new seats behind homeplate....and also...i dont know if there is neway to do animation but it would be awesome if someone could get Sammy Sosas HOP in the game...like after he hits a homerun...that would be absolutely awesome

trues is working on wrigley

Ooh, and if someone could replace the announcer with Harry Caray, that would be GREAT!

:roll:

You're joking right? We are going to raise Harry from the dead and have him recite several thousand lines?

I think if someone wants to bring back Harry Carrey would be cool but also kind of stupid considering he is dead...but it would be cool of they could get Chip and Steve in there sense they are the voices of the Cubs now

I would commit suicide if I had to listen to Chip and the other guy in the game. Just got finished with the Mets/Cubs (I know you kicked our asses) series watching on MLBTV online, getting those 2. They are horrible. Not only are they unbelievably biased, the other team's players can never do right, they are also just wrong about anything non-Cub. We rely on anouncers to do their jobs right and to have info on both teams, especially if they are going to use it during the game.

Also, Wasn't Chip a Braves anouncer? Did he switch?

Naturally being a Cub fan, I disagree with you about Caray and Stone....and yes, I listen to many Mets games on satillite. It is all in what you get used to I guess but I often turn off the sound when watching a Mets' broadcast.

And for information....Chip did some Braves broadcasts with his dad (Skip) before going to Chicago to join Harry some years ago.

I would commit suicide if I had to listen to Chip and the other guy in the game. Just got finished with the Mets/Cubs (I know you kicked our asses) series watching on MLBTV online, getting those 2. They are horrible. Not only are they unbelievably biased, the other team's players can never do right, they are also just wrong about anything non-Cub. We rely on anouncers to do their jobs right and to have info on both teams, especially if they are going to use it during the game.

Well of course they're biased. I WANT them and LIKE them to be biased. Why do you think Harry was so popular? He was one of us. He felt the same pain we did, and rejoiced when we rejoiced. If you think they are biased, you should listen to the Cubs radio broadcast. I've hardly ever listened to another teams broadcast, but if your local broadcasters ARENT biased, then, youre getting robbed.

As far as Steve Stone goes, I dont think you'll find a more intelligent color man out there. If Steve says "all he has to do is throw him a slider away, and it's strike 3 swinging..." you can guarantee that will happen.

Sorry to ride the off-topic train, but the initial mod request was a joke to begin with.

I would have to agree that Steve Stone is right on the money with some of his calls. Sometimes he'll call two pitches before they happen. Something like this, "All Carlos needs to do is throw his splitter low and away and then go high and away with the fastball against Sheffield." Sure enough it happens that way.

I know Cubbie announcers are not the best, but they bleed Cub blue.

I am a New York fan, I do not need my anouncers to be biased, and I dont think the MEts anouncers, especially Radio, are that biased.

I also felt the anouncers were not properly prepared for opposing teams, I know Bob Murphy used to spend at least 2-3 hours for each game preparing.

Btw, Skip & Chip?? Oh God!!!

I am a New York fan, I do not need my anouncers to be biased, and I dont think the MEts anouncers, especially Radio, are that biased.

I also felt the anouncers were not properly prepared for opposing teams, I know Bob Murphy used to spend at least 2-3 hours for each game preparing.

Btw, Skip & Chip?? Oh God!!!

Mets radio announcers not biased? Hah! At least Steve Stone is dealing from a full deck. Ralph Kiner, however; well, lets review some of his classics:

"All of his saves have come in relief appearances"

"All of the Mets road wins against the Dodgers this year occurred at Dodger Stadium."

"Cadillacs are down at the end of the bat."

"Darryl Strawberry has been voted to the Hall of Fame five years in a row."

"Hello, everybody. Welcome to Kiner's Corner. This is....uh. I'm...uh"

"He's going to be out of action the rest of his career." - about Bruce Sutter

"If Casey Stengel were alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave."

"I think one of the most difficult things for anyone who's played baseball is to accept the fact that maybe the players today are playing just as well as ever."

"It's like watching Mario Andretti park a car." - on Phil Niekro's knuckleball

"Jose DeLeon on his career has seventy-three wins and one-hundred and five rbi's."

"Kevin McReynolds stops at third and he scores."

"Now up to bat for the Mets is Gary Cooper."

"On Fathers Day, we again wish you all happy birthday."

"Solo homers usually come with no one on base."

"(Don) Sutton lost thirteen games in a row without winning a ballgame."

"The hall of fame ceremonies are on the thirty-first and thirty-second of July."

"The Mets have gotten their leadoff batter on only once this inning."

"The reason the Mets have played so well at Shea this year is they have the best home record in baseball."

"This one deep to right and it is way back, going, going, it is gone, no off of the top of the wall."

"There's a lot of heredity in that family."

"Tony Gwynn was named player of the year for April."

"Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The other third is covered by Garry Maddox."

"You know what they say about Chicago. If you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes."

(credit to baseball-almanac.com)

Archived