Pitching with MVP 06: MLB for the PC - Livin' Large

LudeBoy

I just downloaded the MVP 06: MLB for the PC - Livin' Large and its awesome. However the pitching is way harder, its as if the pitchers have no stamina. I went to edit a starting pitcher and it said stamina 92, when I'm using him it only has a sliver of stamina. Can anyone help me make the pitching back to regular, sorry im not that good. Thanks

The "Get used to it" or "Make the difficulty slider" are pretty poor responses. I got the same type of responses LudeBoy so I know how it can feel lol

No offense guys but those arn't answers.

The difficulty slider at 30 or even 50 does nothing but visibly make the meter large, even if you hit the green, it still is wayyyyyyyyyyy off target, no where near accurate. You can up the user pitch control but it doesn't help much either i've found.

The only reason answer I've unfortunately found to work 100% , is take the old datafile from the compressed.zip folder on your cd1 of MVP 2005 , and replace it with the new datafile that was installed with the mvp 06 mod

You can find the datafile under C: Program files ea sports mvp baseball 05 data datafile

One more thing, a person responsible for mvp 06 told me replacing the datafile really makes you loose out on alot of the new feel/features of mvp 06, I am not really sure though ... all I've noticed is my pitcher meter is back to normal. I still have new uniforms, new menu music, new rosters, new stadiums, i really love this mod ... the only problems are the pitching meter issue, and the slight pause / lag issue when making an initial out in the infield (like when you throw to first base right as the 1st baseman catches the ball it stutters REAL fast, nothing like the major stutter that first came with 05 when it was released)

Sorry for all the typing here, hope I helped you .

Oh by the way people who say this makes the game more realistic and more challenging (by having the pitching meter smaller), are correct 100%. But I am assuming most of you play Pro/All star levels as I've read it seems this way, so hitting isn't as bad for you perhaps?

I play on mvp, not to act like I am awesome or anything for playing mvp lol .... but hitting is veryyyyyy challenging on mvp I find, so having a pitching meter thats 70-80% smaller makes the game way to hard for me, I'd never win a game lol ... I already can't hit for crap on mvp, always hit into double plays. Neway dunno why I writing all this guess im b0red, great mod none the less.

Most of the guys on here play all-star/MVp, I believe that is what the new datafile was designed for...but I could be wrong. Alot of people on here...alot of new guys, have been complaining about the pitching meter. I have had my troubles with the "new" meter but after a week of adjusting my sliders, I have fallen in live with the game all over again. I hope you continue to enjoy the mod, the guys who created it are geniuses...plus I hope you continue to enjoy this site. It's cool to see a mod be responsible for quite a few new members around here.

i had to move down to pro with the mod and with the fact that i haven't played in a long time. moving down to pro and making the sliders harder is a better solution than playing at allstar and trying to make the sliders easier. on pro with this mod, the meter is pretty close to what it was on default allstar prior to the mod. it only takes a few ticks to make the pitching meter challenging but not impossible. it does however take some ticks to make hitting harder but it's very possible and the game still plays great

The easy way is to get rid of the datafile and replace it with the default, and THEN fix your sliders. I hated the datafile for 06 for 2 reasons: 1) outfielders play at the warning track which is completely rediculous, and 2) because of the pitch meter.

Basically, replace the datafile, and then putz around with sliders.

I've got to admit, I wanted to give the pitch meter a chance in the new '06 mod, but I just couldn't do it. I know when I'm whooped. In the end it was just too hard and too fast so I switched back to the original datafile in CD1, and it makes a world of difference. I don't find myself wanting to throw my controller out the window anymore and it's really fun again. :)

Sure man no problem

C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatafile

That should be the default directory your game is installed by, in most cases.

What you need to do is put mvp 2005 cd 1 in your cd rom drive, open up the cd , go to compressed.zip (its in the main part of cd1 , not under any folders), Find the datafile.big in the compressed.zip It should be under Data/datafile or just Data, I dont remember. It's pretty easy to find, deffinetly under 1 of those 2.

Then take the file from the cd in the compressed.zip, copy it , and paste it into C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatafile, this will replace the new datafile that came with mvp 06 with the old one. Hope that helps brother!

I've got to admit, I wanted to give the pitch meter a chance in the new '06 mod, but I just couldn't do it. I know when I'm whooped. In the end it was just too hard and too fast so I switched back to the original datafile in CD1, and it makes a world of difference. I don't find myself wanting to throw my controller out the window anymore and it's really fun again. :)

The first game I played i lost 10-0 against the Angels with Ervin Santana throwing a no-hitter through 7 innings- I gotta admit, its more challenging, but it definitely needs tweaking.

Archived