There are big files missing from the lib folder!

jchorneau

It sounds like there was a problem during the extraction process. Can you try extracting TC5 again and then re-run the installer?

Can you look at the folder where you extracted TC5 and see if there is a lib big folder. If so, there should be 64 .big files there (load0.big - load58.big, load99.big, logos.big, models.big, portrait.big and uniforms.big). Are any of those files missing?

Okay, great....thanks, you are on it.

Orginally what happened was I extracted first to the "MVP Baseball 2005"/"data" folder, then realized it was the wrong folder, then I moved the files into the "MVP Baseball 2005" folder where the other "TC_2005.exe" files are located.

Now I noticed there are two "lib" folders:

A. one in the "MVP Baseball 2005" folder, which

contain a "BIG" folder with only 4 (four) .big files.

B. and the other in the "MVP Baseball 2005"/"data" folder,

which contain a BIG folder with the right amount of 64 .big

files.

So I am hesitant to re-extract, because clealy there are files in two places and one is incorrect. Do I extract it to the MVP Baseball 2005 folder where the other TC_2005 are located?

It sounds like you extracted these files into your game directory and also to your data directory. You really don't want to extract into these directories.

What I typically do is create a new directory with a name like C:TC5_Install. I extract TC into that directory and run the installer from there. When I run the backup option of the installer, it backs up the files to C:TC5_Installbackup.

Because it sounds like you've extracted the TC5 files twice, in your game and data directories, you will have extra files you don't need. This shouldn't do anything other than take up space. You could try deleting the TC5 installation files, and the associated subdirectories, but you need to be careful not to remove any necessary game files by mistake.

How many other mods have you installed. The easiest way to clean this up would be to uninstall MVP2005 (and delete the files that the uninstaller failed to remove). Reinstalll MVP2005, re-extract TC5 AWAY from your game directory and then reinstall TC5.

If you don't want to uninstall and reinstall MVP2005, then simply ignore those steps and re-extract and reinstall TC5.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for the detailed analysis and solution.

However, after uninstalling successfully, and deleting those files still remaining inside my MVP Baseball 2005 folder, I carried forth to reinstall the program, yet after numerous unsucessful tries, (programs error "encountered" and had to close), I then tried to delete the whole EA folder, yet to no avail, installing problem still occurred. Then, I went back to the original booklet that came with the game and read that you run the installation with d:autorun.exe, funny the cd does not contain a autorun.exe, only MVP Baseball 2005.exe and a autorun.inf . I ended up restoring from a restore point and am not back in the same boat.

I remember there being a registry key involved in uninstallation, but I am not aware why I would have to completely wipe out everything and what that has to do with missing files on the Cd. Maybe my CD is corrupt.

Any suggestioins would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the detailed analysis and solution.

However, after uninstalling successfully, and deleting those files still remaining inside my MVP Baseball 2005 folder, I carried forth to reinstall the program, yet after numerous unsucessful tries, (programs error "encountered" and had to close), I then tried to delete the whole EA folder, yet to no avail, installing problem still occurred. Then, I went back to the original booklet that came with the game and read that you run the installation with d:autorun.exe, funny the cd does not contain a autorun.exe, only MVP Baseball 2005.exe and a autorun.inf . I ended up restoring from a restore point and am not back in the same boat.

I remember there being a registry key involved in uninstallation, but I am not aware why I would have to completely wipe out everything and what that has to do with missing files on the Cd. Maybe my CD is corrupt.

Any suggestioins would be most appreciated.

After you uninstalled, I would expect that those files would still be there, because they are not part of MVP2005 itself. It's uninstaller has a list of specific files it should uninstall. Anything extra that you've added, will be left alone, and the MVP2005 directories will still be there.

The reason you can't find autorun.exe is because you're looking at the wrong CD. You did get two CD's with your game, didn't you? CD 1, which is the one you use to install the game, has autorun.exe on it. CD 2, which is the CD you put in the CD drive when you want to start the game, has MVP2005.exe.

Okay, thanks, now I am in this other fix:

Run - time error 75 on installation of TC3. I figured I would have to installed the TC3 and TC4 before TC5, so like you told me, I created another folder to extract the files that include the .exe and ran it from there pointing to the game folder like they instruct, yet I get this Run-time error 75. I searched for that in the forums and discovered someone else had the same error, but he/she took the files contained in the "lib" folder and put them the game folder, I wasn't sure that was right. Does that seem right, what I am doing wrong?

Each TC release builds upon the last one, meaning that if you install TC5, you get everything that was already included in TC1 - TC4. You don't have to install each phase separately.

Run time error 75 is a Path/File access error. It usually means that you are trying to access a file that is in use or trying to overwrite a file that is set to read-only mode. Check to make sure that none of the game files are set to read-only.

Also, when you selected your game folder in the installer, did you make sure that you you double clicked the MVP Baseball 2005 folder so that the icon looks like an open folder? If you simply click on it (so that the icon looks like a closed folder) the installer will think that you are pointing to your C: Program Files EA Sports folder as your game folder. This would also cause the install not to work properly. If you see folders visible under the MVP Baseball 2005 folder, then you will know that you have double clicked on it.

You can manually install files by simply copying them to their proper locations. What you won't be able to do, however, is install the stadium selection preview screens, the CTS screens, etc.

Just out of curiosity, what operating system are you running?

Did you install any of the MVP2005 patches. In the TC5 FAQ, someone posted that they had the Runtime 75 error message after installing EA's MVP2005 patch #5. He said that when he reinstalled the game, but only installed EA's MVP2005 patch #2 that he could then install TC5 with no problems.

I've only installed patch #2 myself. It's possible that patch #5 may be making some of the game files read only.

Just something else to think about if you still have problems......

No actually as you said, the data folder was (for some reason), selected to be read only, so I unselected that and it works fine. Thanks much

Perhaps these patches try to protect themselves from being modded by making them read-only............naw, that's too elementary, y'think?

Archived