16 or 32?

olyrunner

Just a quick couple of questions about display properties. In the game I have four settings to choose from. Two of them are 1024x768x16 and 1024x768x32. What is the difference between the 16 setting and the 32 setting? My laptop's display properties (outside of the game) are set at 1280x800 - which in-game setting should work best? I honestly can't tell the difference when trying them out for a few innings.

Thanks!

Haha.....not to be rude but this thread is funny.....setting a game to 32 bit color (that is what the last number refers to, 16-bit color or 32-bit color) won't do anything bad to your monitor.

Your videocard may not be able to handle that level of detail though, and the game might run choppily.....but there is no danger....

Man, I've never heard that before...lol....

Haha.....not to be rude but this thread is funny.....setting a game to 32 bit color (that is what the last number refers to, 16-bit color or 32-bit color) won't do anything bad to your monitor.

Your videocard may not be able to handle that level of detail though, and the game might run choppily.....but there is no danger....

Man, I've never heard that before...lol....

Do you think cranking the refresh rate to a rate so high your monitor can't handle it can wreck your monitor big mouth?

Kccitystar, thanks for the info and the link - that was very helpful. I didn't mean to start a argument between the rest of you guys. I just don't know a lot about computers and graphics, and was hoping someone would answer what I was assuming to be a simple question. Thanks again!

Do you think cranking the refresh rate to a rate so high your monitor can't handle it can wreck your monitor big mouth?

Yes, cranking the refresh rate can damage a monitor.

However, that is not mentioned in this thread before now. He was worried about cranking his game to 32-bit color, which, as I said, has no ill effects whatsoever.

Archived