Installation Question?

WBC3

You need a utility like WinRar to open up the .RAR file. You can download a trial version of WinRar (that never expires) here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Open up the .RAR file and extract the TC5 self-extractor to a folder. Go to that folder and run the self-extractor to extract the TC5 files (again, to another folder). Go to the folder that you extracted the files to and read the tc-installReadMe file for more info. Run the TC2005_5_Install.exe file to actually install TC5.

I am fine up until the part where it says to "locate your MVP 2005 folder" I tried everything, but it will not work

???

It wants you to specify where MVP2005 is installed on your hard drive. The typical installation folder is C:Program Files EA Sports MVP Baseball 2005.

In the window that shows the folder icons, double click on the "C:" folder. Next, scroll down and double click on the "Program Files" folder. Scroll down a little more and double click on the "EA Sports" folder. Finally, scroll down a little more and double click on the "MVP Baseball 2005" folder (so that that the icon is displayed as an open folder). You've now located your MVP 2005 folder.

Once you do this, you can click on the "Backup Original Files" button and after your files have been backed up, click on the "Install Total Classics 5" button.

Before you click on the "Install" button, make sure that you select the overlay you want. You can select the overlay by clicking on the Overlay tab. If you decide later that you want to change the overlay, you will have to reinstall TC5 again.

The CTS screen can be selected anytime after you install TC5, and you can then change it as many times as you want without having to reinstall TC5.

I backed up the files fine, but when I try to install it says

Project 1

Run time error '75'

Path/file access error

!!!!??

Do you have any of the MVP2005 patches installed? Have you checked whether any of your files are marked as Read Only? This is usually the cause of these types of errors. What operating system are you running?

Do you have any of the MVP2005 patches installed? Have you checked whether any of your files are marked as Read Only? This is usually the cause of these types of errors. What operating system are you running?

I have the most recent patch installed, none of my files are read only.

It's possible that this might be related to the patch you've installed. This was posted in another thread about someone who couldn't install TC with patch #5 installed:

Woot. After a week's worth of frustration I finally got this wonderful mod to install properly. I was having problems with the runtime 75 error but I had EA's patch five installed. I did clean install of the game again, downloaded patch two, and whola, I was able to install the mod. Hope that helps all of those who are having problems with the runntime error. Thanks very much to the earlier poster who suggested the EA patch may be the cause of the runtime error.

Here's a link to that thread (scroll down about halfway to read the message by mdrica): http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...r=asc&start=120

Archived