Blue Screen Error

Hey guys, I have this problem with my computer. Sometimes it stops while I'm doing anything on it, and a blue screen comes up and it says something like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and then it stops responding and i have to turn it off. It usually happens when I'm sharing files between my computers. One of them will always say that message. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm with MarkB. An incompatible driver is usually the problem.

But, before diagnosing any further, what hardware are you using to share files? A wireless router/ network card?

Also, did this just start recently? That is, has your PC been able to share files for a while and then out of the blue you get the BSOD? Or, have you recently installed something (usually hardware)?

Hey man,

Just curious before I say or recommend anything else, did you have this issue as soon as you installed the new router or afterwards - like now?

Also, what operating system and/or service packs are you running? I'd guess that's a question for both computers. And, what specific hardware are you using for your internet? That is, you wireless router, wireless network card(s), modem?

If you right-click on My Computer and select "Manage" from the shortcut menu, you'll be able to view your Event Handler. Are there any error codes/IDs there?

And lastly, if you right-click on My Computer, choose "Properties" from the shortcut menu, select the Hardware Tab, and the choose Device Manager, do you see any red X's or Yellow !'s ?

--------------------------------------------------------

On a related note, do you know your PC's specs? If so, could you list them as well please? If you're not too sure, go to the Start menu, the Run Command and type in dxdiag. That will generally inform you.

Well, these problems never happened when i only had one computer. After i got my new one, that's when these problems happened. I have a D-Link DI-624 wireless router and a D-Link DWL-G132 wireless USB adapter. When I went to Computer Management, I saw some "Srv" errors and some "nv" errors. I can send u my dxdiag.txt file.

Okay, I got the text file! :D

Looking it over, I'm assuming that that was the text file from the server PC, correct?

If that's so, I think it's a bad driver on the 2nd PC - though I'm not too sure. If you can, could you e-mail me that PC's specs as well?

Thanks!

Got the 2nd text file man! Thanks!

I'm almost certain the problem lies on that one.

If you don't mind, could you answer these questions?

What are you using to manage your wireless network? Are you using the D-Link utility or are you using WindowsXP's Zero Configuration Utility?

Also, regarding your Router, what do you have configured in terms of Rules? That is, if it were completely erased today, what ports and all that would you have to open in order to get it back to where it is now?

Sorry this may be dragging out but hopefully we'll fix it soon!

I'm just gonna put something out here. What if I totally uninstall my wireless card driver, deattach it, and then reinstall the drivers? Since PolishJoe said that there's something wrong with my wireless card driver, maybe if i just start over it will fix it. I don't know.

Archived