MVP 06 Stuttering

Yoghurt

hi!

i've installed the ll mvp 06 mod and it works fine.

but the game is stuttering, and i don't know what to do.

my hardware must be good enough (p43200mhz, 1024 ddr ram, radeon 9800 xt 256mb, ...)

i want to play with maximum details of course, but when i hit the ball, it is quite obvious, that it stutters; it's like 1 picture per second^^

what can i do to fix this problem?

thats weird because i have a Nvidia card and when i put up my AA and AF it seems to slow down my system :o

Yes, that's entirely possible.

As a general rule, increasing AA and AF puts a greater load on the video card, thereby slowing down performance. However, for some strange reason, the combination of this game and a fast computer and/or graphics card seems to cause problems, almost as if the game is running too fast and having a hard time coordinating all these things. Increasing these settings puts increased load on the system, slowing it down and allowing it to perform much more smoothly.

It is counter-intuitive to increase these settings to improve game performance...normally you would increase these settings to improve the way the game looks graphically, but at the cost of performance...but as I said there is something about this game that doesn't like fast computers and fast video cards.

I'm guessing that your system is 'marginal', by that I mean not top of the line fast...in which case increasing those settings will certainly bog down the performance. I have, what would be considered by today's standards, a slow machine, but fast enough for this game. It plays the game fine but I have to put AA at 2X and AF at 4X or it's quite jerky.

yeah my system isnt one of the fastest systems around but it still runs the game fairly well but just a little stuttering...i am going to try this but what about the vertical sync?? should i have that on or off???

yeah my system isnt one of the fastest systems around but it still runs the game fairly well but just a little stuttering...i am going to try this but what about the vertical sync?? should i have that on or off???

Try both, I leave it off, but then I have a relatively slow machine. MVP has a problem with running too fast when VSync is off on fast computers.

When you set it, you have to set it in both the video card control panel, and the game.

make sure you guys run kraws compression program...i have an ati radeon 9250 and my was stuttering also, after i ran his program it runs flawlessly....all it does is compress some of the file...i beleive uniforms...but man what a difference it makes....good luck

make sure you guys run kraws compression program...i have an ati radeon 9250 and my was stuttering also, after i ran his program it runs flawlessly....all it does is compress some of the file...i beleive uniforms...but man what a difference it makes....good luck

Do you have a link? The only thing I found to do with Compression in '05 downloads is two files by Knight Owl

Any idea if mvp 06 will run smoothly with a athlon 1.20,256 ram, and a gforce 3??

I'm afraid you may have to cave in and upgrade your system, however if you are not a big graphics junkie you can probably run the game on low settings. But you would be missing out on the fine modding work done here.

Archived