No Runner PIP

Trues

I did this a while ago but I didn't think there was much interest until the topic re-sufaced just recently.

My original plan was to wait until I could figure out how to move the whole PIP graphic on screen but I have had zero luck with that.

Anyway, Hopefully some of you will enjoy this.

Included is the stock datafile with the runner PIP removed and the modified igcrsr.fsh file.

To install:

1. Place the datafile.txt file into your MVP Baseball 2004data dir

2. Place the igcrsr.fsh file into your MVP Baseball 2004dataigshapes dir

or you can just copy and paste this line into the datafile of your choice.

0x779c563a 11<baserunner>;0 0.520;1 0.140;2 0.0;3 0.0;4 1;10 1;5 0.40;6 0.05;7 0.58;8 0.23;9 0;

Trues, that's a huge improvement. THnaks. :D

I hope that somebody might be able to make that baserunning diamond go away entirely. Using some of the new modded camera angles, you can manage your baserunners by just looking on the field.

I always thought it was bizarre for baseball games to have those little baserunning windows. You might be running the game in 1600x1200 with a modded HD stadium, but you might as well be playing the original Nintendo when deciding what to do with your runners! :mrgreen:

Trues, what type of editor can be used if I just want to paste the line into my current datafile? I tried text and hex editors but couldn't find a line to replace resembling the one that is to be pasted in.

Or is there any chance you could make a roddata4 file with your batting and broadcast fielding cameras and no baserunner pip and upload that?

Thanks for any help

This is a great mod, but is it possible to move the baserunning-diamond-thing towards the upper-left corner of the screen so that it looks just like the TV displays? It's kind of annoying having it in the middle of the screen.

Trues, what type of editor can be used if I just want to paste the line into my current datafile? I tried text and hex editors but couldn't find a line to replace resembling the one that is to be pasted in.

Or is there any chance you could make a roddata4 file with your batting and broadcast fielding cameras and no baserunner pip and upload that?

Thanks for any help

You have to unpack the datafile.txt file first before you can edit it. Here's a link to Snepp's datafile editing tutorial that describes how to do this (as well as how to repack the file when you're done editing it): http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/DatafileTutorial/index.htm

Thanks for any help

http://www.mvpmods.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.p...file&id=238

You have to unpack the datafile.txt file first before you can edit it. Here's a link to Snepp's datafile editing tutorial that describes how to do this (as well as how to repack the file when you're done editing it): http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/DatafileTutorial/index.htm

Oh, that's right. I read his tutorial a few weeks ago and forgot about how dealing with the datafile works. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived