Portraits

DustinTheWin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having trouble with something. I made a portrait. Put it in the MVPedit folder, saw the players new portait in MVPEdit.

Then I exported the .mpe file into the Database folder in MVP2005.

I also used the installer/thingy to load the portrait in MVP.

It didn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

In Photoshop I made a 0000, 0000-a and index bitmap image as well as a .fsh file of the pict with the correct file number. What am I doing either wrong or out of order.

Thanks

I am having trouble with something. I made a portrait. Put it in the MVPedit folder, saw the players new portait in MVPEdit.

Then I exported the .mpe file into the Database folder in MVP2005.

I also used the installer/thingy to load the portrait in MVP.

It didn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

In Photoshop I made a 0000, 0000-a and index bitmap image as well as a .fsh file of the pict with the correct file number. What am I doing either wrong or out of order.

Thanks

I am not sure why you are using the installer. Once you loaded the pic into MVP Edit, this installs the portrait to your portrait.big file.

Just take your 0000 & 0000-a .bmp files & load them into mvpedit at the proper location (the player whose portrait you want to update)

As far as getting the game to recognize your changes, I am assuming you mean that you installed the .MBE file (not the .MPE file, since there is no such file)

Here is my question though... When you attempted to install it into the database folder, did you make sure to double click on the database folder inside the window that mvpedit opened when you clicked on "export"? (sometimes people only think they opened that folder when in fact they did not. The way to test this is, open windows explorer <not internet explorer> & look inside your data folder & see if you have a bunch of .dat files there. If you do, it means that you did not install the roster correctly & make sure to follow the steps I named above to do it correctly.)

Hope this helps.

I just realized that I am creating a 0000-a file incorrectly.

I was creating it in photoshop.

I would create an alpha layer.

But once I erased all other layers I was unable to save the image as a bitmap. So I actually just created a layer with black and white and saved it as a bitmap. Now I loaded the correct image in MVPEdit and saw the portrait. But now when I go to that player in the game, it crashes.

When I opened the player in MVPedit and then open his files to the 0000,0000-a and index files, the 0000-a picture was black, no white matte.

What am I doing wrong????

Thanks

I just realized that I am creating a 0000-a file incorrectly.

I was creating it in photoshop.

I would create an alpha layer.

But once I erased all other layers I was unable to save the image as a bitmap. So I actually just created a layer with black and white and saved it as a bitmap. Now I loaded the correct image in MVPEdit and saw the portrait. But now when I go to that player in the game, it crashes.

When I opened the player in MVPedit and then open his files to the 0000,0000-a and index files, the 0000-a picture was black, no white matte.

What am I doing wrong????

Thanks

Ok... this is beyond my expertise. When I make & install portraits I simply use the alpha that comes with mvpedit. Therefore , what you are asking for should be answered by somebody else who has actually made their own alpha's.

type 'alpha' into search, show posts not topics and at the bottom of the first page is one of many that cover this.

And how do jpgs hold alpha values?

Huh? When I search I only get two items. There is no option for only posts and no topics. Am I searching in the same place you are?

Jpgs don't carry the alpha channel. I use Jpgs for clients to see their final since it is a smaller file than a tiff or targa. In Avid, I use PSD files since Avid recognizes the matte.

Archived