Atlanta Blue Uniforms?????

Austinm66

can someone please tell me why people have rated my download of the Atlanta Blue Alt Home Uniforms so low? Is it that bad, or something wrong with it? I wish someone would email me with the problem so i could fix it rather than just voteing it a 1 or 2 and not telling me why.

Thanks

Austinm56

Can I give some constructive criticism? I think a couple things are hurting your score.

#1. The shades of the sleves versus the main jersey is different.

#2. The shading on your jerseys are........not real good. I blew up your jerseys from your own files for you to see. Please look closely and understand what people are seeing when they play. Maybe if you play at a lower resolution it doesn't come out as poorly.

braves.jpg

Keep plugging though, you'll get the hang of it!!!!

I agree with IronForge. You need to work on your shading, specifically the sleeves and the behind the script. I noticed that the sleeves were more of a purplish blue while the jersey itself is navy. Did you take them from the same uniform? Also, I am curious to know, what program are you using to do these edits?

One more thing... you used the same "jerf" file for all three jersey images. This gives all players the appearance of being a little heavy around the waist. Remember that there are three different jerseys to edit. There is a normal, a thin and a fat.

That's about it... keep at it though.

carter

yea i agree with what everyone just said...but let me add one thing, your jersey sucks bro. Flat out. It looks like you threw two buckets of blue together, smacked them on a jersey, put the braves logo on it, uploaded it, and thought every one would be wow'd....

that's a little destructive criticism for ya. Don't feel bad, i hear it all the time and not even on the internet--real life too.lol

ur effort is greatly noted though and i expect to see more work from you regardless of how good or bad they come out.

fuzZ loves you whether you like it or not.

yea i agree with what everyone just said...but let me add one thing, your jersey sucks bro. Flat out. It looks like you threw two buckets of blue together, smacked them on a jersey, put the braves logo on it, uploaded it, and thought every one would be wow'd....

that's a little destructive criticism for ya. Don't feel bad, i hear it all the time and not even on the internet--real life too.lol

ur effort is greatly noted though and i expect to see more work from you regardless of how good or bad they come out.

fuzZ loves you whether you like it or not.

not sure that was really needed. at least he is trying.

well, the pics posted above are a eye opener to me, wether its my system or video card, they dont look like that when i made them or play the game myself.

But anyways, i guess im done doing uniforms for now. To be honest i havent done uniforms since High Heat 2002, never for any EASports games, BUT AT LEAST I WAS RECIEVED WELL ON THOSE.

and as for this:

yea i agree with what everyone just said...but let me add one thing, your jersey sucks bro

That is uncalled for, i admit my mistakes and asked for opinions on what i was doing wrong, i didnt need that.

Thats all, im out, thanks anyways

Hi Austin. I'm guessing you might have a smaller monitor or not running the game at a higher resolution. That might be reason you didn't notice the color differences when I increased the size of your pics. I pulled those pics directly from your .fsh files so it had nothing to do with fuzz's editor. If you ask why people had a problem with your work, you should have enough backbone to handle their response and make it better. In work and life, people are going to be blunt and not hand you flowers and perfume.

BTW - please take a look at your example pic in the download section, you can see the problems there also. Sometimes when you want an honest answer.....you get an honest reply.

no problem with anyone letting me know whats wrong with the uniform, thats what i wanted, but i didnt want someone to say that. Its obvious to me know that graphics have changed a bit since i did uniforms for High Heat 2002. I do believe the the unis i made were in 32 bit, and thats what i also play in, 32 bit, but 800x600 res, that may be my problem. But i do use a 17in monitor.

Maybe ill give it another a shot, but for personal use only this time, lol

I think fuzz was just joking with you. I will say, the only way you know if you are getting better is if you put it out there. Good luck!

no that guy is just a dick :D

personaly I don't think your unis are that bad, on a fix, you would do well, now that the guys pointed out what was wrong with them.

I wouldn't give up just for 1 dick, you're on the right path

now, now... can't we all just get along?! there's no need for name calling... we're like a family here... so let's not act all disfunctional! there's really no difference between saying the uniforms suck and rating them a one out of ten...

austin, it is not your video card or monitor size that is the problem. the screen shots that you took show exactly what you are seeing. you have to work on the colouring... make those shades of blue match. as for the image used in the menus for selecting the uniform, wow... that one needs work. you should have just used either the jers, jert or jerf file.

good luck with future versions.

carter

Austinm66,

Thanks for sharing your work with us. I can assure you it is appreciated by all. If you had any familiarization with fuzZ you would know that he is a big time joker and actually a super guy willing to help anyone out. fuzZ was using his normal charm, which once you get to know him is very entertaining, so please don't focus on the specific words but rather focus on a fellow modder (very established one at that) taking the time to share his thoughts with you in a humorous manner.

Thanks again and don't abandon ship ....... your desire in doing these and sharing them with others is the most important ingredient for your future success with it all .................

Take Care,

Don

I know all about the uniform selector bmp picture, my intent there was what you see pretty much. My focus was not on makeing that perfect, just to have some sort of pic for chooseing the uniform, something closer to what others have put out. (just a full jersey pic)

As for the sleeves shadeing, i used EA's orginal file, exported Clevelands blue uniform and used thatas my base jersey (without) changeing any shadeing in versions 1.0 and 1.1, so whatever they did is what you were seeing, Version 1.2 was my attempt to make the sleeves match more.

ok i didn't realize people were going to take this to the bone and get emotionally wounded over a uniform.

let me clarify:

you're uniforms do need work, but like i said before, the fact you tried is good enough. I don't care if you make a uniform in dos paint, it's all good.

Second of all, this whole thing started off becuase you asked WHY YOU GOT LOW marks.

Reason: it's not a great job. And theres no way you ever edited uniforms like that back for high heat. BAck then, you didnt have to match up colors? Well regardless, your effort is noted and you've got a lot more attention now for making a crappy uniform than a great uniform. lol.kidding!!!

all in all, if you used fuzZMVP to extract the uniforms, and edit them. No matter how you edited them, they go back in the game as is.

THE REASON I MADE FUZZMVP was so that people who couldn't modd..could begin to mod uniforms and such. So it's great you made a uniform, but the only problem is you asked why you got a low score.

I personally could never ask anyone what they thought of my uniforms or apps due to the fact i have a low self esteem,poor morale qualities, and a little flavor of shallowness once you get to know me.

fuzZMVP STUDIO 1.0 is done. TESTING STAGES are in effect.

will release screenshots soon.

oh yeah one last thing, if this was like 3 or 4 months ago, your score might have been higher. But compare your uniforms to recent releases by CARTERSYARD or IRON FORGE, and your score got lower.

I HOPE TO SEE MORE WORK FROM YOU regardless of what your uniform looks like on any machine.

OK, i have made yet another attempt to do this, Version 2.0 is uploaded, please let me know where it needs improvements (other than uniform selection BMP)

Thanks

didn't test it yet, but just from the screen i can tell you did a vast improvement.

Thanks for sticking with it and building on the constructive criticism some posted here. Well done.

Thanks

I can assure you im not done yet, i have a few more uniforms in the works, guess im just alittle rusty.

sounds good. Actualy, I wanted those unis anyway, because of the obvious expos-braves rivalry. So cheers, i'll go ahead with these in the meantime between your updates

Archived